Cornwall Football Forum

bodmin the celtic of the peninsula league

Bodmin are a big fish in a small sea, and they will walk the league again. It will turn out to be another boring and predictable season in the SWPL. With no one taking promotion to the Western League the SWPL is going to turn a stale league and the FA WILL cast us adrift from the non league football pyramid and we will be a stand along pyramid in Devon and Cornwall, and none of the teams will be recognised by the FA and no one will be able to enter the FA Cup or FA Vase!!!!

Yes this is the sixth season of the South West Peninsula league and in that time only one club as grasped the nettle and moved upwards, not a very good record. Let's hope that some one from Cornwall will be man enough to take the plunge and test themselves at the higher level in the Western league or as sportsman10 says the legal will just stagnate with the same club winning it year in and year out.

Another pointless topic has nobody ever read the other 100 topics the same as this 1 bodmin are not going up end of. Priory park is council owned and they haven't got the financial backing 2 do so

Bodmin must have got considerable financial backing or they wouldn't be top the league, they have players playing that would sell their Granny for a tenner. This subject might be boring might be repetitive but it needs to be addressed for the sake of Cornish football. The peninsula league need to take action soon or there will be no more level 6 football no FA cup no vase. Reading some of the posters comments on here it seems they will be glad if that happens absolutely staggering. I have no idea of Bodmins financial situation or have no wish to, but i do know they got 5 grand for winning league and 2 cups 9 grand for runs in the national cups and a lot from the Warnock thing, thats a considerable start i reckon.

maybe if the club does not have the ambition to climb up the leauge a few of the players might ? seems a loyal few have been there a while now they must want to test theselfs higher up? im sure parkway are looking to take the next step up ..

Think the Celtic analogy is good one ( Cetlic cannot go anywhere else though ) . Do agree though that Bodmin are roadblocking other clubs with ambition . In my opinion , if they continually refuse promotion then they should forefeit prize money from winning the league and be barred entry into the FA Vase and Cup .

( I've lit the firework , now I'll step back)