Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League & Cup Results - Sat Sept 29th 2012

Trelawny League PS Cup Result:

Redruth Athletic 0 Carharrack AFC 4.

A comprehensive win for the visitors. Two early penalties for Carharrack converted by striker Liam Bray. The lead was extended shortly before half time when Jamie Mitchell placed the ball in the back of the net after a defensive error by Athletic. Redruth Athletic's captain Ben Beasley was lucky to stay on the pitch after a two footed challenge on the Carharrack goalkeeper. The referee gave him the benifit of the doubt and awarded him a caution.

The second half remained a one way affair with little chances being created by Athletic. Carharrack sealed the game on the 65th minute Jamie Mitchell scored a screamer from outside the box into the top left corner of the goal. Athletic didn't give up but Carharrack defended well and didn't concede. Final whistle blown by the match official. Job done.

Overall a comfortable victory for Carharrack. Best of luck to Redruth Athletic for the rest of the season.

Percy Stephens cup

West Cornwall 2-0 Troon 2s

very good game today to watch,both teams trying to play football and no bad challenges or mouthing off at referee......who I thought was outstanding.

Troon did ourselves proud today and were very unlucky to go in 1 down at half time after looking very comfortable and possibly having the better of the half. The second half was close again before west cornwall scored from a long ball forward which the striker finished nicely. Troon put the pressure back on but couldn't create that final cutting edge pass in final third.

West cornwall are a very strong team and have a lot of quality throughout there team and will do very well this season. Troons best performance of the season so far and shouldn't take any negatives from the game.

Thank you for food etc back at pub and good bunch of lads.

Cup

Frogpool reserves 3-5 St Agnes

Tough game against a team in the league above. Good game, Jason Dyer was on form with two goals including a penalty rifled into the top corner. A header was also converted by Simon. St Agnes had two penalties, one saved, one scored and played good football.

Frogpool man of the match: Jason Dyer

Percy stephens cup

Penzance res 1-3 Falmouth Athletic res

fal scorers: Ian Grant (2) and Mike Cuddlip

Penzance started well and had control of the 1st half hour, getting their goal after a good through ball and finish from the young striker. This woke us up and we started to push for an equaliser and i duly came when granty picked the ball up on the edge of the box and drove a left footed shot into the bottom corner leaving the keeper stood watching. Grantys 2nd came from a corner, deep cross and a perfectly executed bicycle kick that alan shearer would of been proud of!

2nd half started as the 1st finished with athletic pushing for more goals, with penzance restricted to counter attacks which was well dealt with by the athletic defense. The game killing goal came from mike cuddlip, placeing the ball into the bottom corner. We seen the game out for a great result against a side from the prem

Trelawny League Div 1

Halsetown 5 .v. Pool Utd 3

Three defeats on the bounce now and early season optimism is well out the window. Halsetown were on top of their game and pressed their advantage scoring all 5 goals in the first half. This wasn't helped by our first choice 'keeper unavailable again and me going between the sticks and having a mare with a couple of their goals. No referee was available for the game either and one of their lads took the whistle and that's enough said about that. We couldn't get a foothold in the game which was frantic at times and when we did play football we scored, hit the crossbar and forced a save from the home 'keeper. In all fairness, Halsetown took their goals well and will be pleased with their attacking play. Just as last week, we gave a better account of ourselves in the second half but had left ourselves to much to do and an absolute screamer of a goal for our third from Johnny Jones proved only consolation.

Pool Utd goalscorers:

Johnny Jones ( 2 )

Rob Penfold

Mawnan 3 Frogpool-Cusgarne 2

Early pressure from Mawnan but chances not taken.A quick counter attack by Frogpool put Brett Hocking free and he scored with a good shot.Game descended into a midfield battle with Mawnan struggling to put their game together despite plenty of the ball.A touch of quality by Damien Stevens for the equaliser,quick control,drive forward and a supern curling shot into the top corner giving Lee Booker no chance of saving.

Harsh words must have been said in the home dressing room at half time as Kevin Morris volleyed in a low angled right foot shot within two minutes and soon after good control and turn gave RJ a third goal.The game then evened out with chances at both ends before Frogpool scored a late second goal after a free-kick.

Well done both teams but Frogpool are probably the more happier despite losing against a team two leagues higher.

MOM - Damian Stevens

Trelawny 5

Clipper Bar Inn 1-5 Newquay 4ths

Newquay 4ths weren't at our best but credit to Clipper, they worked hard and have some talented players, their keeper made a stunning save from 1 of my lads, looked for all the world it be curling into the top corner and he tipped it over the bar, really fantastic to watch. Wasn't a good game but 3 points in the bag.

Guest BenTheYeti

Trelawny League Div 1

Halsetown 5 .v. Pool Utd 3

Three defeats on the bounce now and early season optimism is well out the window. Halsetown were on top of their game and pressed their advantage scoring all 5 goals in the first half. This wasn't helped by our first choice 'keeper unavailable again and me going between the sticks and having a mare with a couple of their goals. No referee was available for the game either and one of their lads took the whistle and that's enough said about that. We couldn't get a foothold in the game which was frantic at times and when we did play football we scored, hit the crossbar and forced a save from the home 'keeper. In all fairness, Halsetown took their goals well and will be pleased with their attacking play. Just as last week, we gave a better account of ourselves in the second half but had left ourselves to much to do and an absolute screamer of a goal for our third from Johnny Jones proved only consolation.

Pool Utd goalscorers:

Johnny Jones ( 2 )

Rob Penfold

As the reserves didn't have a game this week, I was going to do a small match report, but I have seemingly been beaten to it.

I would however like to add a few bits and pieces if I may

" No referee was available for the game either and one of their lads took the whistle and that's enough said about that."

I'm sure Mr Parton will be delighted that you referred to him as a lad, as he's getting to an age where most of us would be happy sitting in front of the tv at home watching football. However, assuming you're implying that he was biased towards Halsetown, may I point out three things.

1. Due to the current referee shortage, we found ourselves without a ref as late as Thursday night this week, and I was all ready to phone your secretary on Friday morning to cancel the game when Eric kindly volunteered his services for today's game. I spoke with your secretary who spoke with your chairman, and both were more than happy to play the game under those conditions.

2. Eric missed infringements by both teams today, he stated that he probably would before the game. He also failed to spot our linesman flagging for an offside when your striker was 2 yards offside and subsequently nearly scored, and also a blatant corner to you which he gave as a goal kick, again, which was flagged by the linesman. So maybe it was honours even in the department, and I can understand why you would see some of it as Eric being biased towards the home team, I'm sure I would in your position.

3.May I also remind you that he could have sent one of your lads off on at least 3 occasions this afternoon (and yes, I know some of our team were no saints in the game either) and I'm sure any other ref would have done.

About the match itself, Halsetown came out of the blocks absolutely flying today and found themselves 3-0 very quickly, Pool scored an immeadate response with a very good goal. However, the match unfortunately for most parts from then on was pretty much who could kick who higher up in the air.

All in all, not the best afternoon of actual footballing quality, but Halsetown showed a desire to score goals and more importantly, win the game. Pool look very good upfront and goals 1 and 3 were top drawer stuff for this level of football, and to their credit never gave up on a game that looked beyond them at 5-1 down and arguing amongst themselves!

Thank you to James at Pool for putting up with various texts and phonecalls from me this week, as this game was on and off for various reasons throughout the week! Glad the game went ahead under perfect conditions and a decent surface

Marazion res 3 Gwinear Res 1

Great game to watch, with both sides playing good football. Very physical at times, but nothing a beer after couldnt sort out. I know marazion have took some stick lately but all credit to them, they play for each other. All the best to Steve and the lads for the season from all at Gwinear.

In agreement with Gaffer. 3-1 Marazion... My personal view... Should and could have been a draw, Gwinear took an early lead with a good effort from 25 yards, lobbing the advancing keeper. If I'm right in the order, Marazion equalised with a good bit of play to find the net... Then the game changing moment... A Boeing 747 was in cruise at 20,000 foot above Hayle and turned in the direction of Marazion. After approaching Marazion and after a bit of turbulence, the aircraft had a little jiggle. This turbulence affected the area within the proximity of the 747... At 19,800 feet below, Danny Ford ran into the box... It was at this second.. Disaster struck! Turbulent air struck! Ford was launched into the air and ended up on the floor... Penalty! It certainly wasn't our keeper that hit him or any defender so I can only suggest this damn 747 changed the game! Mr Fords response "I didn't ask for it did I?". Gwinear keeper contested his innocence but to no avail. Ford struck, 2-1 Marazion. Extremely dubious. Ref had said "I'm not sure if it was a penalty but the advancing keeper didn't seem in control of his body so the penalty was awarded". Surely a ref must be 100% sure prior to awarding? I mean, our keeper is 106yrs old, it's not his fold he looks like he's having some sort of fit, no contact made... Down went the striker. Fair play. The opportunity was there and it was taken. An honest side, or myself in that situation would not have gone down so easily. But, that's football.

Marazions 3rd was a cross that I would have been proud of.

Gwinear had 2 clear chances to equalise and take the lead... One player having no time to think from a cross sent the ball marginally wide, and a defender having too much time to think, put a free, glancing header wide of the right post. It just wasn't to be.

Certainly not having a pop at Marazion, I get that certain players have expressed they are there to play with mates. I can definitely relate to that. But... Gather the trophies up and put them in your cabinet with the rest... Look from afar and they look very pretty. Look closer, the ones that will stick out are the"div 5 champs" etc, people will ask why the hell you played at such a low level, especially with no chance of promotion. I've been on here defending Marazion a few times, but SOME players, well, you have to expect the queries.

I personally enjoyed this game more than last week. We beat Trevenson blah blah blah... But we were in a game this week and it was all worth it. I walked off the pitch feeling pissed off we hadn't got at least a point, but proud of the guys around me that had put in a bloody good shift!

No more footy for me for at least 2 months (Don't worry ref, it's not due to that hideous challenge on my left ankle that you'd so easily swept under the carpet), I have to go away. But, I wish all the best to Marazion for the remainder of the season, and I really, more than anything will be hoping that Gwinear get the results that they deserve.

Enjoyed today, minus the diva/like antics of certain individuals :)

ps cup st agnes res 1 gwinear ct 2

Gwinear were two up inside 20 mins and deservedly so. then aggie started playing was in charge of the game for the next 50 mins but only managed to find the net once! due to some dogged defending/ keeping and some poor finishing. the last twenty both teams had good clear chances to either put the game to bed or level things up. but niether happened so it finished in a 1-2 win and we ll take.. with bare eleven again! against a good aggie side. Same fight next week against illogan please :thumbsup:

gwinear goalscorers

james franklyn

cameron irish

trelawney div 2

St Ives town 1 - 1 Wendron united

h/t 0-0

Tight game at the Saltings between two unbeaten teams in the league. Wendron edged proceedings in the first half and had 2 good opportunties to score but didnt take them.

St Ives came out much stronger 2nd half and showed why they had won all their previous games. A good passing side with a bit of steel thrown in. They took the lead after 65 mins, which seemed to wake Wendron up, Wendron equalised after 80 minutes direct from a free Kick.

Both teams had a chance in the last 5 minutes but im my opinion a draw was probably a fair result.

PSC - Illogan 5-1 St Keverne

Goal scorers.. Simon Carter x2, Ryan Treloar, Luke Abbott-Smith and Tom Butt.

Both teams started brightly.. bal down on deck. However sloppy spell until we got out goal which was good work from nathan jefree played a ball in too Abbo who finished..Keverne then had a lot of the ball but could not make use. Ryan then got played in and finished superbly. Nearly half time and simon carter gets the ball 35 yards out and shoots, good hit belter. HT.

Second half we didn't start well. However we grabbed a goal after good work down the right. Cant remember if they scored before or after but it was a good header. Last few minutes and tom butt is through on goal and loops the ball over the keeper good finish if meant ;).

Overall a win and were through cant do no more. Played 8 won 8 great start fellas...

Redruth res 1 Mawnan smith res 2

Mawnan were the best team for seventy minutes and deserved there two goal lead . Redruth scored with twelve left and probably should have equalised but to be honest if you only start playing with ten left you dont deserve the victory. best of luck to Mawnan in the next round .

ST.ERME. (1). 1. Rapsey 37,

CULDROSE. (3). 5. 4,39,43,62,72

Fallowfield

Dave Hill

Howman

Spencer (Wright 75)

Maker

James

Bellamy (Jolly 60)

McDonnell©

Parr

Rapsey (Tyler 65)

Dean Hill

Beaten by the better team no doubt, although for 40 minutes it was quite evenly matched and it didn't look like there were three divisions between the teams. Culdrose always strong fit and physical and deserving winners, scoring a couple of great goals from distance. Good bunch of lads and good luck in the next round.

Trelawny 5

Helston 3rds 1 Camborne Park 2

Park Scorers

Fenton 1

Knuckey 1

Helston played good football, we kept shape to frustrate

Good luck to Helston for rest of season

Helston played the better football and had to soak up alot of pressure from camborne's long ball game. Two soft goals conceded in first halfmade life diificult forourselves. Second half Helston came out with great attitude, but one of those days when nothing went in but had plenty of chances to draw or win the game, A Phil Black header got helston back into the game and had chances to snatch what would of been a desreved draw. MOM Phil Black, lots of energy and committment in midfield and a well deserved goal. Good luck to Camborne Park for rest of the season

In agreement with Gaffer. 3-1 Marazion... My personal view... Should and could have been a draw, Gwinear took an early lead with a good effort from 25 yards, lobbing the advancing keeper. If I'm right in the order, Marazion equalised with a good bit of play to find the net... Then the game changing moment... A Boeing 747 was in cruise at 20,000 foot above Hayle and turned in the direction of Marazion. After approaching Marazion and after a bit of turbulence, the aircraft had a little jiggle. This turbulence affected the area within the proximity of the 747... At 19,800 feet below, Danny Ford ran into the box... It was at this second.. Disaster struck! Turbulent air struck! Ford was launched into the air and ended up on the floor... Penalty! It certainly wasn't our keeper that hit him or any defender so I can only suggest this damn 747 changed the game! Mr Fords response "I didn't ask for it did I?". Gwinear keeper contested his innocence but to no avail. Ford struck, 2-1 Marazion. Extremely dubious. Ref had said "I'm not sure if it was a penalty but the advancing keeper didn't seem in control of his body so the penalty was awarded". Surely a ref must be 100% sure prior to awarding? I mean, our keeper is 106yrs old, it's not his fold he looks like he's having some sort of fit, no contact made... Down went the striker. Fair play. The opportunity was there and it was taken. An honest side, or myself in that situation would not have gone down so easily. But, that's football.

Marazions 3rd was a cross that I would have been proud of.

Gwinear had 2 clear chances to equalise and take the lead... One player having no time to think from a cross sent the ball marginally wide, and a defender having too much time to think, put a free, glancing header wide of the right post. It just wasn't to be.

Certainly not having a pop at Marazion, I get that certain players have expressed they are there to play with mates. I can definitely relate to that. But... Gather the trophies up and put them in your cabinet with the rest... Look from afar and they look very pretty. Look closer, the ones that will stick out are the"div 5 champs" etc, people will ask why the hell you played at such a low level, especially with no chance of promotion. I've been on here defending Marazion a few times, but SOME players, well, you have to expect the queries.

I personally enjoyed this game more than last week. We beat Trevenson blah blah blah... But we were in a game this week and it was all worth it. I walked off the pitch feeling pissed off we hadn't got at least a point, but proud of the guys around me that had put in a bloody good shift!

No more footy for me for at least 2 months (Don't worry ref, it's not due to that hideous challenge on my left ankle that you'd so easily swept under the carpet), I have to go away. But, I wish all the best to Marazion for the remainder of the season, and I really, more than anything will be hoping that Gwinear get the results that they deserve.

Enjoyed today, minus the diva/like antics of certain individuals :)

MARAZION RES 3-1 GWINEAR RES

Love your write up although I have to disagree a bit.......

This was our first real test of the season and one we had been look forward to, especially me playing against a fellow colleague....loads of hard, fully committed tackles, a real battle royal.......Gwinear started the brighter and the ginger haired midfielder scored a 25 yrd screamer that seemed to go right through the desperate dive of our keeper.....this seemed to give us a kick where we needed it and we started to play tidy football.....great equaliser with good work down the left, a neat dummy by Craig Rennard and a cool finish by Danny Ford.....I can't comment on the penalty as i was in my own half at the time.....Gwinear said it wasn't a penalty but Marazion said it was and thankfully for us the ref gave it, with Danny converting. Half time we deservably came in 2-1 up.

Second half was much the same, played good football and created a few chances.....the third goal was a cross come shot by Craig which deceived everyone and nestled nicely into the bottom corner......Gwinear should have scored when their winger put wide from six yards out but I can't really remember any other chances.....we hit the post late on and had a few goal mouth scrambles. I think the result was a fair one although Gwinear will highlight the penalty as a game decider.....Sorry Dange'rous I cant remember the tackle on you but can recall the several late challenges on our players from the majority of your midfield and centre backs......especially the one on our keeper that was so late it should be in next weeks game....!!!!!

I thought the ref did well in a hard game although the only criticism would be, he told one Gwinear player after booking him that if he did another one he would be off.....a few minutes later he wipes out our player and gets told again to calm down...!!!!

Any who.....a good hard fought game which I enjoyed far more than our previous few games.....good luck to Darren and all the boys at Gwinear......i expect an equally hard game on Nov 17th.....

Eric Sleeman

Danny Taylor

Ali Birch

Adam Martin

Jamie Mooney

Liam Mooney

Dale Vigus

Stevie Hunt

Mark Hampton

Craig Rennard 1

Danny Ford 2

Percy Stephens Cup

Helston Res 1-2 Rosudgeon

Another fine display away from home this time gave Rosudgeon their second win over Helston this time in the cup, and knock last years runners up (i think) out this time in the first round.

With about 4 regular starters missing this week, showed the depth of the squad we have at Rosudgeon. With striker Bryan Palmer starting at center half a patched up back four held out some early pressure from Helston. However not dealing with the second ball from a free kick, Helston took a deserved lead.

More pressure from Helston led to their striker being through 1 on 1 which bought a decent stop from the Rosudgeons keeper. This however was the only save he made all day.

Rosudgeon came into the game and equalised through Ian Phillips, this bought a decent spell from us and finished the half the stronger of the 2 sides.

HT 1-1

Second half we expected Helston to come out all guns blazing. They did, but didnt create nothing of any real note. All afternoon we managed to frustrate Helston. And on the break we took the lead a deflected effort going into the bottom corner.

Come the end we could have won by more some wasteful finishing and some decent saves from Helstons keeper kept them in it. But as 2-1 was always going to be a nervy finish.

Top performance from Rosudgeon again over Helston, Bryan Palmer filling in at center half having a fine game, Ian had a top game down the right, and Jake and Dom run there socks off. :thumbsup:

Best of luck to Helston for the rest of the season

Onto next week, hopefully find some consistency in the league over the coming weeks.

Yeh 86 Rich! Might take abit longer mate, I went over on my ankle ligaments yesterday. Should have come off half time really, thought I might have another goal in me but hit the bar from a header so called it a day!! Probably made it worse, be 3/4 weeks from previous experience!! Good win for the red and blacks bud. :-)

Percy Stephens cup

West Cornwall 2-0 Troon 2s

very good game today to watch,both teams trying to play football and no bad challenges or mouthing off at referee......who I thought was outstanding.

Troon did ourselves proud today and were very unlucky to go in 1 down at half time after looking very comfortable and possibly having the better of the half. The second half was close again before west cornwall scored from a long ball forward which the striker finished nicely. Troon put the pressure back on but couldn't create that final cutting edge pass in final third.

West cornwall are a very strong team and have a lot of quality throughout there team and will do very well this season. Troons best performance of the season so far and shouldn't take any negatives from the game.

Thank you for food etc back at pub and good bunch of lads.

Spot on Glanners! Troon defied their league and position yesterday, a very young side who always looked to keep the ball down and play football the right way. Was great to see 2 sides do this for 90 minutes. I think you can see the potential you guys have when given the chance to play properly, without causing any real problems, you did knock the ball around extremely well and were unlucky to go in a goal behind. If you guys perform like that for the rest of the season you will have no worries in your division. I can't praise you guys highly enough, played in great spirits and superbly reffed once again. Seems to be a common theme this season! All the very best to Troon for the remainder of the season from all at West Cornwall. PS, hope the young lad who went off injured is ok and makes a quick recovery!