10 Okehampton 7 2 2 3 12 15 -3 8

11 Crediton 4 2 1 1 9 8 1 7

12 Appledore 7 2 1 4 12 15 -3 7

13 University 7 1 4 2 13 21 -8 7

14 Galmpton 6 1 0 5 9 16 -7 3

15 Plymstock 6 0 2 4 5 11 -6 2

16 Sidmouth 8 0 1 7 3 17 -14 1

---------------------------------------------------------------

St.Austell 1 Launceston 3. Disappointing result, but in truth not a fair reflection. Very dodgy pen gave Launceston the lead and crossbar and some top saves from Stevenson in visitors goal meant Town just couldn't score until it was too late. At least 5 out today and we both need them back and urgently need someone to start bagging a few goals!

Elburton Villa 2 St Blazey 2

Blazey 2 nil up half time, Villa down to 10 men by half time also missed a penalty. 2nd half belonged to Villa, Blazey had the opprtunities to finish off Villa but finishing was very poor. Blazey missed a penalty. 2 late goals was enough for the share of the spoils.

Referee performance = Average

Att 70. Floodlights up and stand behind the goal.

Next game Friday 6th Home to Launceston 7.30pm ko.

Don't you think its bad at step 6 and 7 teams losing 11 nil?

Surely these teams should not be playing this standard? This is not a dig, just concerns me at semi pro football I'm seeing 11 nil? You should be seeing this at pub football

Be good 2 see your thoughts

Why do St Austell go on about players out? Had a good win at Tavy midweek with 'players out' and lose today and still have players out? Dont other teams suffer similar problems. Tavy lost today to Parkway which I think both teams would feel a draw would have been a fair result considering the Refs performance. Yes Im unfortunately Ref bashing but he has been consistently poor in the 3 games I have seen him ref. I thought St Austell have been one of the best sides Ive watched so far, therefore if they have players to come in, they should be up there. Afters todays game I think Tavy have had 9 bookings and 2 sending offs. Todays Ref was responsible for 7 of the bookings and the 2 sending offs! (I apologise to Tavy and the ref if this is inaccurate, but I think its pretty close)!

Elburton 2v2 St Blazey.

This was a massive 2 points dropped by St Blazey. They will wonder how on earth they havnt gone home with 3 points tonight. They should have had a penalty in the opening minute. Ref claimed the defender won the ball. Not in this world!!! Then a quick fire double. Blazey 2 up after Broomfield chipped in and Simms rounded the keeper. The referee then decided a high foot to a 50-50 ball was a case for a penalty. Penalty saved and then Elburton down to ten men for a foul which looked clumsy. Not sure if it was a straight red or a second yellow.

The second half started with St Blazey in total control and chance after chance not taken. So many chances it should have been 5 or 6 nil. We then win a penalty, Broomfield steps up and keeper saves it. With the aid of a replay from a mobile phone the keeper was well over a yard off his line before the ball was even touched. Linesman and ref never ordered a re take.

The last ten minutes saw St Blazey give countless free kicks away when simply standing up would have prevented Elburton getting near goal. One poor challenge led to a penalty which was smashed home to make it 1v2 and then in the dying seconds a good cross found an Elburton player unmarked who couldnt miss from a couple yards.

A really poor result in the end because it should have been a massive win.

Elburtons pitch looking good today. Floodlights now in place and a nice covered area built behind the clubhouse end.

Att 60est

St Blazey have a tricky midweek match at home to Tavistock in mid week.

Beaker on teams played I would say - St Austell, Bovey Tracy & Liverton on football played are 3 good sides that might not have had the best results, but certainly give you a good game. This league I expect to be one of the most competitive as everybody is capable of taking points off each other. Bodmin the main title favourites are dropping points, keeping the league interesting.

Beaker on teams played I would say - St Austell, Bovey Tracy & Liverton on football played are 3 good sides that might not have had the best results, but certainly give you a good game. This league I expect to be one of the most competitive as everybody is capable of taking points off each other. Bodmin the main title favourites are dropping points, keeping the league interesting.

Mex , that is how I see it too. Should be an exciting league this year.

What's happening with plymstock with the great Monty has skipper

I heard that a certain player let himself and his team mates and family down today!!!

Once he got sent it all went wrong!

When he needed a shoulder to cry on he looked to Monty but he just couldn't reach his shoulder....

Surely these teams should not be playing this standard? This is not a dig, just concerns me at semi pro football I'm seeing 11 nil? You should be seeing this at pub football

Also makes the Goal Scoring Chart a bit misleading depending on what time of the season you play them ?

Also makes the Goal Scoring Chart a bit misleading depending on what time of the season you play them ?

Its been posted on here that the teams who have been losing heavy, have had troubles even before the season started, so not surprised at the score lines!

Elburton 2v2 St Blazey.

This was a massive 2 points dropped by St Blazey. They will wonder how on earth they havnt gone home with 3 points tonight. They should have had a penalty in the opening minute. Ref claimed the defender won the ball. Not in this world!!! Then a quick fire double. Blazey 2 up after Broomfield chipped in and Simms rounded the keeper. The referee then decided a high foot to a 50-50 ball was a case for a penalty. Penalty saved and then Elburton down to ten men for a foul which looked clumsy. Not sure if it was a straight red or a second yellow.

The second half started with St Blazey in total control and chance after chance not taken. So many chances it should have been 5 or 6 nil. We then win a penalty, Broomfield steps up and keeper saves it. With the aid of a replay from a mobile phone the keeper was well over a yard off his line before the ball was even touched. Linesman and ref never ordered a re take.

The last ten minutes saw St Blazey give countless free kicks away when simply standing up would have prevented Elburton getting near goal. One poor challenge led to a penalty which was smashed home to make it 1v2 and then in the dying seconds a good cross found an Elburton player unmarked who couldnt miss from a couple yards.

A really poor result in the end because it should have been a massive win.

Elburtons pitch looking good today. Floodlights now in place and a nice covered area built behind the clubhouse end.

Att 60est

St Blazey have a tricky midweek match at home to Tavistock in mid week.

I would also be gutted. Your lads should have finished off Villa. But that is football, it is a funny old game.

B Manning I agree with you. Players need to take more responsibility for their actions, but I also feel Refs need to show more consistency. One Ref will tolerate language and likes a tackle. The next Ref will be the opposite. I do believe the better refs are ones that have actually played football at one level or another.

Hi Mex, this consistancy thing keeps being quoted but we are all human beings therefore by nature we are inconsistant no two people react or think the same way, if we did we would be classed as robots. Now as to a person makes a better referee if he has been a player at whatever level for me does not equate the simple reason being I have known good footballers who take up the whistle and never make a good referee and on the other foot I have known people with very limited playing time turn into exceptional referee`s so there is no way to say who will be the better. Before you ask I did play at a senior level. On another point we as referee`s have to make judgements on players ( how to handle their conduct etc) so surely players should gauge what referee`s will tolerate and act accordingly.

Hi Mex, this consistancy thing keeps being quoted but we are all human beings therefore by nature we are inconsistant no two people react or think the same way, if we did we would be classed as robots. Now as to a person makes a better referee if he has been a player at whatever level for me does not equate the simple reason being I have known good footballers who take up the whistle and never make a good referee and on the other foot I have known people with very limited playing time turn into exceptional referee`s so there is no way to say who will be the better. Before you ask I did play at a senior level. On another point we as referee`s have to make judgements on players ( how to handle their conduct etc) so surely players should gauge what referee`s will tolerate and act accordingly.

Mr Manning, all you need to be a good referee is to apply commonsense in your aproach to the laws of the game, and the same when dealing with a player. If the player constantly transgresses book him or off him - simples. The comments regarding referees on this forum are a disgrace on the whole, you would think were playing in the world cup or the premier league for gods sake. Its mickey mouse football, thats all.

B Manning, Again I agree with what you are saying but the ref I have been talking about with reference to the Tavy matches can only be about 20yrs old?(possibly younger) He's obviously being fast tracked as he was being assessed at Saturdays game. Sorry but this ref could certainly benefit from reffing a few seasons at a lower level to gain experience.

Mousehole 2-4 St Dennis

Saints goals:

Ryan hayhurst (2)

Lee Rickard (2) 1pen

Nice to get a win, was a good footballing performance against a never give up mousehole side,

Lee, Is Carl back with St Dennis full time?

If so, that is what St Dennis were all about, 2 nightmares up front.

Lethal.

Hi Ponsonby...I have gone back to St Dennis full time in answer to your question. Missed playing with my mates...

Well then I must bow to your vastly superior knowledge on how to be a good referee in one easy lesson, if possible could you post a short resume on your actual refereeing experience, this of course to help me assimilate the necessary information into my small brain so that I can understand it, many thanks for helping me in this understanding which I obviously needed.

Well then I must bow to your vastly superior knowledge on how to be a good referee in one easy lesson, if possible could you post a short resume on your actual refereeing experience, this of course to help me assimilate the necessary information into my small brain so that I can understand it, many thanks for helping me in this understanding which I obviously needed.

Well well Mr Manning, took that a bit personal did we not. I've never referee'd a match in my life, don't have to do I ????? to understand how to apply a set of laws in a commonsense way, and thats all I said. Thats my belief on how to control a football match.

I did play for 25 odd years and have watched for longer. In that time I came across all sorts of referee's, some better than others, but thats life.

During my playing days I would look at the referee (players do you know) and work out how to play that day based on the referee's ability or past encounters with him, Think about that, then think again about my post.

By the way, you should not admit to having a small brain when you are a referee! you have a hard enough time as it is.

Best referee in my time, Mike hodges - excellent commonsense referee. Best referee around at this time - Kevin Knowles. There are plenty of other fine refs around at this time who all have a bit of banter before, during and after the match, and that is all part of being a good referee. Hope this helps.

Thats amazing you quote exactly my comments about players looking at the referee and working out how to play and the more I read your post i still find it too simplistic, life is never that simple. Also did not take it personally after refereeing and playing all the years I have been much longer than your 25 years I hasten to add so in that time I have learnt quite a bit about what is needed to become a decent referee. Also you may even have watched me officiating you never know. If you have you will know I have quite a bit of banter before during and after the game.

Thats amazing you quote exactly my comments about players looking at the referee and working out how to play and the more I read your post i still find it too simplistic, life is never that simple. Also did not take it personally after refereeing and playing all the years I have been much longer than your 25 years I hasten to add so in that time I have learnt quite a bit about what is needed to become a decent referee. Also you may even have watched me officiating you never know. If you have you will know I have quite a bit of banter before during and after the game.

Life is that simple, its down to you to complicate it. I played for 25 years but have watched it for much longer, think you misread that one ? I may have watched you reffing, I don't know, but I will endeavour to unmask you so to speak, so I will know who I'm talking to. What level are you officiating at????

Dan Pethick scoring on debut,for launceston, after leaving tavistock this week,

point to prove dan?

well done mate,

What point has he to prove? Left one club for another, enough players do it enough through out the seasons.

Point to prove if he played in the right position Danny p scores goals well done dan!

Theolder------, you will not have to try too hard to unmask me as lots of people know who I am, these days I am just on local football but many moons ago until old father time caught up with me and before the pyramid system I made it to just below football league level. I hope that helps with your judgement of my experience.

cancanz u know.

Dan Pethick scoring on debut,for launceston, after leaving tavistock this week,

point to prove dan?

well done mate,

What point has he to prove? Left one club for another, enough players do it enough through out the seasons.

Point to prove if he played in the right position Danny p scores goals well done dan!

can canz u know

Theolder------, you will not have to try too hard to unmask me as lots of people know who I am, these days I am just on local football but many moons ago until old father time caught up with me and before the pyramid system I made it to just below football league level. I hope that helps with your judgement of my experience.

Mr Manning I did post to unmask you so to speak! meaning I assume you go by your name on this forum. All I have to do is look you up in the refs appointment book - simples - yes? is that your name????

Mr Manning I did post to unmask you so to speak! meaning I assume you go by your name on this forum. All I have to do is look you up in the refs appointment book - simples - yes? is that your name????

Look under Roberts and its not Ian. something like pete or paul if that helps. B.Manning is often on here quoting the 'laws' and is usually spot on.

If you have never refereed a match then unfortunately you don't know how hard it is, you may think its easy, but it is not. You also state that you think you can apply common sense, as you put it, BUT the laws do not allow you to use it most of the time. You have 22 players on the field of play, plus subs, managers, spectators etc when you blow your whistle for anything, you have every set of eyes looking at you to see what decision you have made! If its the right call, all well and good, if the call is a 50/50 then stand by for some flak..... Try telling the players your using common sense!!!

Try reffing a game..... Maybe you'll understand more a bout what pressures the ref is under.