Cornwall Football Forum

Battle of the Gavin's???

This Friday Saltash travel to Bodmin. As an Ashes fan Ill be intrigued to see weather Gavin Coulton travels.

In the past few seasons whenever we've played a side with Gavin Hobbs in it Mr Coulton either seems to........ have work, Injured, Feed his neighbours dog, Attend his Aunty's wedding ect...... This hasn't gone unnoticed by the fans!!!

Hopefully He will be because even though we were good against Elburton without him, Dudley will need a full squad to choose from if we are to come away with anything.

So Gavin if your reading.... BE BRAVE!!!

Such a funny topic. Why would a player not play in certain fixtures? or against certain opposition?

Pragmatist, i think you are trying to stir the pot here with your anti-saltah tinge again. Glynns only just signed for Bodmin, so more than likely he'll be on the bench anyway, and Colton wouldnt back out of a battle-FACT.

Such a funny topic. Why would a player not play in certain fixtures? or against certain opposition?

Pragmatist, i think you are trying to stir the pot here with your anti-saltah tinge again. Glynns only just signed for Bodmin, so more than likely he'll be on the bench anyway, and Colton wouldnt back out of a battle-FACT.

Possibly the most ironic post on here yet. Pot kettle black Will.

Only a matter of time before I got involved to be honest. The Pragmatist I'm not sure who you are but as a supporter of saltash utd I don't understand why you feel the need to publically criticise your teams players. I've had a lot of criticism on here in the past and until now have never felt the need to react and am doing so under my own name. I can assure you I will be travelling with the squad so that answers your question. I have never and will never shy away from a game because of who we are playing and the players they have. It is unfortunate that I picked up a injury last week but am hoping to be selected for the squad and can play if needed. I would now like to test your bravery and am intrigued to see if you will stop hiding behind a name 'The Pragmatist' and make yourself known to me at the next game and if you feel the need to respond to this then you do so in person.

So The Pragmatist.....BE BRAVE!!!

Thank heavens for that Gavin, its gonna be a case of "all hands on deck" friday!!

Like I said i was just a little confused as to why you havn't faced him for so many seasons??? You've cleared it up..... I now know that the last 6 times have all been valid and just a massive coincidence???? Im also shocked your carrying a "knock" this time round as we all know your the modern day William Wallace. :D

Thanks for clearing that up though Gav. Up the Ashes!! :clapper:

Ken Bradshaw (Fan)

Only a matter of time before I got involved to be honest. The Pragmatist I'm not sure who you are but as a supporter of saltash utd I don't understand why you feel the need to publically criticise your teams players. I've had a lot of criticism on here in the past and until now have never felt the need to react and am doing so under my own name. I can assure you I will be travelling with the squad so that answers your question. I have never and will never shy away from a game because of who we are playing and the players they have. It is unfortunate that I picked up a injury last week but am hoping to be selected for the squad and can play if needed. I would now like to test your bravery and am intrigued to see if you will stop hiding behind a name 'The Pragmatist' and make yourself known to me at the next game and if you feel the need to respond to this then you do so in person.

So The Pragmatist.....BE BRAVE!!!

Good reply gav

To be honest didn't know you could read and write, fair play lad

Thought i would come on and post the facts as obviously as such a big Ashes fan you seem to have no idea.

Last Season:

Saltash v Parkway - Coulton Suspended from previous season before fixtures announced

Parkway v Saltash - Coulton played Hobbs had left Parkway. Incidently Hobbs joined Tavistock who we had already played twice prior to him joining them.

Season Before:

Parkway v Saltash - Hobbs suspended

Saltash v Parkway - Played against each other

Parkway v Saltash Throgmorton Cup Quarter Final - Played against eachother

Season Before That Again:

Saltash v Tavistock - Played against eachother

Tavistock v Saltash - Coulton Injured - missed about last ten games due to nasty ankle injury.

Hope that helps! Coulton would not shirk the challenge of any opponent, player or club FACT!

As all top players at this level loves the big games and occassions against the best in the league. Lets hope he is fit for Friday???

Finally Dodders the the Chairman's son has arrived..... It wasn't a snipe it was just an observation. I never doubted big GC for 1 minute, I actually voted for him as supporters player last year!!!

To be honest one of the other Ashes faithful told me that the lad Hobbs has been waitin to see him for a while for whatever reason, and that was why Gav doesn't play??

I was wondering if their was any substance, Hence why I posed the question.

P.s. I bet you couldn't go back as far as the 2003 Season!!! And also who scored for Saltash in 1945 senior cup final at Bickland park???

It's quite funny that having checked the electoral role for Devon and Cornwall there is no 52 year old man that goes by the name of ken Bradshaw but is infact a world famous surfer. Also having won supporters player with only 8 votes and being very good friends with the secretary who takes these votes it shouldn't be to hard to find out who u actually are. Also in the past we have been able to track users via their IP Address so again it shouldn't be too hard to work it out.......surfs up dude!!

Finally Dodders the the Chairman's son has arrived..... It wasn't a snipe it was just an observation. I never doubted big GC for 1 minute, I actually voted for him as supporters player last year!!!

To be honest one of the other Ashes faithful told me that the lad Hobbs has been waitin to see him for a while for whatever reason, and that was why Gav doesn't play??

I was wondering if their was any substance, Hence why I posed the question.

P.s. I bet you couldn't go back as far as the 2003 Season!!! And also who scored for Saltash in 1945 senior cup final at Bickland park???

Actually i could quite easily but we never played in the 1945 /46 senior cup final as St Austell competed for it and won 3 - 1 against Nanpean. The year before in the 44 / 45 season no-one competed for the trophy due to the second world war So you voted for GC last season ? so that should be easy to work out he won supporters player with eight votes and we have the names of all of them and guess what none of them were called Ken Bradshaw. We only let the real supporters of Saltash vote for the players. SURFS UP! Mr Bradshaw if you know what i mean ha ha

Hey found a footballing Gavin Hobbs

Quote. gohuskies.com Looking for Gavin to have his best year yet as a Husky. He is strong, athletic, and very competitive Saw a substantial amount of time on the field as a freshman We expect Gavin to make a serious run at the starting right fullback position. He should see significant time on the field this year Mother is a recreation coordinator and father is a lawyer .Father swam at University. Enjoys snowboarding and wakeboarding. end quote

With so much in common easy to mix them up!

/

And who scored for Saltash in 1945 senior cup final at Bickland Park Was it Gavin someone?

Actually i could quite easily but we never played in the 1945 /46 senior cup final as St Austell competed for it and won 3 - 1 against Nanpean. The year before in the 44 / 45 season no-one competed for the trophy due to the second world war So you voted for GC last season ? so that should be easy to work out he won supporters player with eight votes and we have the names of all of them and guess what none of them were called Ken Bradshaw. We only let the real supporters of Saltash vote for the players. SURFS UP! Mr Bradshaw if you know what i mean ha ha

8 Votes won supporters player???? You must be incredibly good friends with the secretary (Stewards inquiry needed)!!!

I sense your angry Gavlar, Dont be mad because I never told you about my surfing past.... its just Iv never been one to brag.

As for you "Bum licker" Im fuming Iv voted and you've not registered it!!! A paying fan is a paying fan, you shouldn't have favourites!!!

Kenneth (Fan)

.........Hahahahaha!!! Are you for real dude????

Ken

Is "Chewy" Paul Chuwen the ex Saltash player??? I was under the impression he left after falling out with Gav for something that happened away from football.

Anyway I cant imagine anybody having to stand up for "Big GC", If he's anything like he is on the pitch I couldn't imagine him having any trouble in normal society whatsoever..... the guy is absolutely fearless!!!

Roll on tomorrow, Up the Ashes!!! :yahoo:

Ken the surfer (Ashes biggest fan)

Changed my opinion on Gavin Coulton .Always thought he was style over substance in past seasons,but the last couple of occasions against Parkway he has played in a deeper role in the backline which seemed to really suit him .We certainly couldn't handle it earlier this season when he started to stride forward and pass the ball around .

Cracking own goal least season though at Bolitho Park :thumbsup:

Gavin didn't appear Friday night, maybe there is some substance to one of the pragmatists topics.....finally

....... I didn't want to highlight it to the reading public really, but was hoping for a positive reaction from him (i.e. him playing).

It just goes to show that after all of "Big GC's" Statements and the bravado on the forum about "Never sherking a challenge" from any opposing player, It seems he still has a terrible fear of Hobbs for whatever reason???

So "Pitchside" There's another one for your LONNNNGGGG list of genuine reasons "Big GC" has missed a clash. :o

So Gav........... You wasn't BRAVE (Surfs up dude) :thumbsup:

Anyhow great result without him!!

Kenneth (Surfer and loyal Ashes fan)

If this is in fact the truth and Coulton is avoiding Hobbs then I understand the pragmatist attititude towards him. Me personally as a Plymouth argyle fan and a paying spectator I'd would not be happy and find it difficult to support a player who is a coward. I can't see someone like Paul wonton shirking an opponent.

Not only that it, appears he is questioning the honesty and integrity of local referees as it appears their duty to protect player safety is being avoided

What I am saying is that the Pramatist is having a go at a loyal player. These sort of players are worth their weight in gold. Do you really believe that in this day and age a player is that scared of another player ? Especially an experienced one such as Coulton ? If the Pragmatist is calling him a coward , why does he not meet up with Gav Coulton and air his views man to man.

Or is the Pragmatist the coward , hiding behind a fictional name ?

This is a site that for people to air opinions and views not arrange schoolboy fights. I would be disappointed to think a player would fear facing an opponent for non football related reasons and as I know neither player personally I can't possibly say of this is true or not. Unless either player comes forward and stated personal issues then posts like these will always arise on or around match days when the guys meet or should I say their teams (sorry Gavin) had to get that one in.

Hi Beaker (Im assuming thats your real name),

Im not as you so elegantly called it "Raping" Mr Coulton, Merely posing the question as to why he "very obviously" misses fixtures with Hobbs in them??? Is that such a bad question to ask (especially seeing as everybody at the ground is saying it)???

Im not to sure why everybody (Including big GC himself) have took it so personally if their was no truth in it?? If that was me and I knew it was rubbish Id laugh it off.

Iv never once doubted his loyalty or ability. Infact it was me that was brandised a "Coward" for not stating my name, even though 99% seem to choose to keep their identities secret :ph34r: ( Accept for Gav and Pastyman who use there real names).

So Beaker, keep that big nose of yours out!!! :D

Ken (Ashes Fanatic)

Hi Beaker (Im assuming thats your real name),

Im not as you so elegantly called it "Raping" Mr Coulton, Merely posing the question as to why he "very obviously" misses fixtures with Hobbs in them??? Is that such a bad question to ask (especially seeing as everybody at the ground is saying it)???

Im not to sure why everybody (Including big GC himself) have took it so personally if their was no truth in it?? If that was me and I knew it was rubbish Id laugh it off.

Iv never once doubted his loyalty or ability. Infact it was me that was brandised a "Coward" for not stating my name, even though 99% seem to choose to keep their identities secret :ph34r: ( Accept for Gav and Pastyman who use there real names).

So Beaker, keep that big nose of yours out!!! :D

Ken (Ashes Fanatic)

lol :yahoo:

I'll have to take in a Tavvy game to see if this Gav feela is the monster player I'm reading about. Seen Tavvy play a few times although not recently. can't say I saw anyone who would frighten my mother much.

They had a biggish blonde fella up front who was a bit of a bruiser with a reasonable touch, but other than that - Mmmmm!

I suggest that they promote Bigfella to the 1st team ranks.

Looks like Andy Carroll minus the ponytail, just as useless, he chirps up when they win 2 in a row.

Ponsonby your a funny fella. I'm too old and not good enough to play for the 1st team. Don't mind admiting it!. I've obviously made an impression on you though to chirp up and bring me into the conversation. You know who I am, but who are you?

The Pragmatist is obviously looking for bites off certain players and attempting to get inside heads to maybe rustle a few feathers inside changing rooms. With Parkways unbeaten start to the season, The Pragmatist is maybe trying to cause a few unsettlements in the team, but seeing how this side has gelled with no over inflated egos or huge names in the squad, I can't see it happening. It's early days, and there's a long way to go, but I can see it being a successful season for Parkway.