Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin-The untouchables???

After destroying Tavistock who have started the season incredibly well, the question is.... will anybody run Bodmin close this year???

My opinion is that with the likes of Miller, Chambers, Colwell, Carter, and without question the best player in the league Krac through the spine I think they could end up winning it at a canter!!!

Does anybody think their is a serious title contender amongst the chasing pack???

Theres no one who can touch Bodmin just as well present them with all the trophies now because no one else will get a look in they have such a fine team without a weakness in the team they got the brilliant Chris Luxton supplying the crosses for OHa gan and Carter .Only 1 team will give them a good game my home town of Newquay well they would of if half the team hadnt left or where injured at the moment but i still think they will give them a decent game at mt wise and at priory park cant see them beating Bodmin but who knows in football .

I agree Bodmin will win the league probably without losing a match although they do have a weakness in their defence but no other team gets that far up the pitch to test them. In my opinion they are playing at least 2 leagues below where they should be for whatever reason as they proved when they gave Bideford a run for their money. It's a bit like Man U winning the 1st Division year in year out.

money well spent £800 a week x 40 games plus cup games no wonder its an xtra £1 to sit in the stand lol to be honest its like man city or man utd playing div 2 and not going up gets a bit boring after a while ?

PSF v Leeds United 3000 gate £10 to get in plus all the spin offs -made for the season

as long as Neil Warnock is involved with league football its Annual income

What are the "Odds" for Bodmin to lift the F A Vase ?-They must be one of the contenders as no clubs above level 5 compete

Given their squad strength , Bodmin must be able to have a real go at the Vase . They should be able to rotate players in order to do this and also pick off star performers from other clubs if the need presents itself .

With Buckland gone ,I would imagine that they will have the league sown up with plenty of games to spare .

They big question is though ,will they take the promotion plunge ? Or will they carry on as big fish in a small pond ?

After all the stick Truro have had in trying to play at the highest standard possible, would you take the promotion plunge?

money well spent £800 a week x 40 games plus cup games no wonder its an xtra £1 to sit in the stand lol to be honest its like man city or man utd playing div 2 and not going up gets a bit boring after a while ?

Like always, one minute people are moaning about budgets and how can they afford it, then they want Bodmin to take promotion and have to double their budget and expenses

After all the stick Truro have had in trying to play at the highest standard possible, would you take the promotion plunge?

Like always, one minute people are moaning about budgets and how can they afford it, then they want Bodmin to take promotion and have to double their budget and expenses

The present squad are more than capable of winning the western premier, if they are as loyal as we are lead to believe they could play for the same expenses for at least a season, as for extra travel it would be nowhere near double, 72 seater coach times £5 = £360 for a good day out, so there is no real excuse other than "We don't want to take promotion we want to win an inferior league for 200 years so the Cornish Guardian can keep telling us how good we are".

Hoppit I can see where you are coming from, but it's not just the case of the coach and the loyalty of players.

It's extra cost for officials, having to stay overnight, players having to take time off work to travel and therefore indirectly having their wages cut. then the criteria to play higher standard the list goes on and on. If you havent got the set up to maintain football at that level it will be very difficult

So do we suggest they take the same route as Truro??? Stertch themselves financially, Potentially lose their top players and break up the outstanding squad they've assembled???

The argument would be valid if they were one of the "Richer" Clubs i.e. Tavistock, Newquay but the truth is Gilbert is over acheiving with the budget he has and realistically none of the better players are going to travel further afield for £40-£50 when they could get just as much if not more playing penisula.

The age old question as arisen again regarding Bodmin!! The conclusion that I've come up with is there cutting there cloth accordingly they don't wanna risk the future of there club. In my opinion if the other teams put as much effort into trying 2 improve there teams than crying about Bodmin constantly winning the league they might have a chance of stopping them!! So my advice 2 people crying about Bodmin is stop em if your good enough. There's teams with much bigger budgets so y? Y? Y? Cry about them?

Despite all that’s been said above I can’t help but wonder how Bideford cope with playing in the Southern League premier division? Bideford are in a remote location and for away games they would, I assume, join the M5 at junction 27. It would take Bodmin less than 30 mins more than Bideford to reach junction 27. In the 2001 census Bideford’s population was only 1500 morethan Bodmin. Bideford’s current average attendance is 171, compared with 110 at Bodmin. I believe that if Bodmin were in the Southern League Premier division they would easily match Bideford’s attendance and also attract as much sponsorship as them

So, what’s the difference? Either Bideford have a wealthy backer I’m not aware of, or I’m missing something, or the player’s wages are more realistic, or it’s a burning ambition to play at the highest level possible!

Hoppit I can see where you are coming from, but it's not just the case of the coach and the loyalty of players.

It's extra cost for officials, having to stay overnight, players having to take time off work to travel and therefore indirectly having their wages cut. then the criteria to play higher standard the list goes on and on. If you havent got the set up to maintain football at that level it will be very difficult

having to stay over night you having a laugh,even at truro they only stayed about 5 games a yr and not any for the first 3 yrs were do you think the western prem is outer Mongolia

Talking of Truro Mr Mourinho.... How many of those loyal souls were willing to travel once the big money dried up???? Im not sure how many of them would have thrown in £5 of a £40 packet for the coach to have a "good day out".

Without having all the elements in place for a "LONG TERM" plan their is absolutly no point in going up, being a Truro fan you of all people should know that. Saltash tried and failed a few years back, Everbody thought Truro managed it now it looks like they could be playing against Dobwall's next season.

Your point carries no substance whatsoever and is rediculously shortsighted.

Talking of Truro Mr Mourinho.... How many of those loyal souls were willing to travel once the big money dried up???? Im not sure how many of them would have thrown in £5 of a £40 packet for the coach to have a "good day out".

Without having all the elements in place for a "LONG TERM" plan their is absolutly no point in going up, being a Truro fan you of all people should know that. Saltash tried and failed a few years back, Everbody thought Truro managed it now it looks like they could be playing against Dobwall's next season.

Your point carries no substance whatsoever and is rediculously shortsighted.

bloody hell,i was only talking about going up one league,wouldnt expect they could do a truro or want to a truro,then having looked at your posting on here i should be used to your evil side.

Bodmin 2 St Blazey 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :c:

Bodmin bad night St Blazey good night, don't mean much, St Blazey 1 Camelford 1 Hayle2 St Blazey 0. Don't mean much either. On another note the pyramid system dosen't work in Cornwall so bye bye Cornish football at a national level, such a shame absolutely no excuses from the teams concerned.

I've read the bellyaching on here from people who have a downer on Bodmin Town and indeed the same applied to St Blazey during the years previous, for not taking promotion and to be honest, I take it all with a pinch of salt. One thing intrigues me though - how does tricky ricky know how much Bodmin are paying their squad? I follow Parkway and as a supporter, I have absolutely no idea how much the players get and as long as I'm entertained, I'm not interested. tricky ricky quotes £800 x 40 (ish) games. Now either he is psychic and I now need to be on my guard in case he finds me or he, like many others, is using guesswork to try to make his argument sound. If clubs are successful, people will look for ways to try to say they bought the title and/or cup, it's pure jealousy. Either way, the baby needs to stop whinging.

expenditure at this level is how it rolls

take a players out of pocket

travel from plymouth once a week is 20 quid of fuel and three hours return down time,

training one maybe two return trips a week then one or two games a week

personal laundry nutrition gym swim food etc equpment prep time medical time

id say the likes of top productive players warrant every penny and if they under perform

are also deserved of criticism

these amatuers do it for the love of progressive challenging football and seldom profit from their trade

in any real terms

its an equilibrium supported by paying fans and rewarded by good football

if its crap dont go if its good pay yer fiver

if it gets results commend the set up

if it returns losses cast opinion on the football

not what players may or may not get, leave that to gaffers and comitees

if you want to opinion on expenditure join the comittee

if a club overspends for mediocrity take up coaching or sports management

enjoy the football on quid pro quo

if a side or player fails expectation remind them you pay the gate and expect more

clubs who have big budgets may spend and get no where , i see no sense in that too

but my sentiment is whether the players and staff make due effort irellevant of money

its an amateur league , look up the definition and remember its us fans that have the greatest love