Cornwall Football Forum

St.Minver Full of former Wadebridge players ?. WE (St.Minver) do have several former Wadebridge players some in the first team some in the res team. We do at Minver have happy squad and are doing well for a small village club. The Game itself was a pleasure to be involved with, Wadebridge came determined not to suffer the same humiliating defeat they had preseason at the hands of Minver, But FORMER Wadebridge Player Paul Dingle opened the scoring for Minver, Wadebridge then battled hard to keep the score down and hit Minver on the break, Worked well until Chris Simmons got the second for Minver and put the game beyound Wadebridge, who for all their hard work created little. Paul Dingle Finished the Wadebridge team when he scored Minvers 3rd. Richard Simmons & Steve Wooton deserved a mention for outstanding proformances, A great team effort and Paul Dingle earned The Sharps Brewery Man-of-the-Match.

Must also Mention Mr.Sheath Ref who had outstanding Match.

Just out of interest why have these players dropped down to play this level?

As a player of Calstock FC (which you destroyed) I find it strange that these players would not want to challenge themselves at higher levels. Having been involved in ECPL clubs in the past I can safely say St Minver (the team we played against) should be playing (and possibly winning the league) at that level.

I am by no means having a go at what st Minver do as they are a quality outfit, but would have thought players of this calibre would want to test themselves at the highest level.

Having said that I wish Minver all the best.

The reason is that most have played togather as kids, St.Minver was the first club to let them get back togather. Most started thier adult football at St.Breward & St Minver, NOT Wadebridge.They have for a couple of years been scattered around various clubs and standards.St.Minver has been going since the 1930s and were once a top flight club, we hope that this team will be a steping stone for the future.

You have a good side also you were unlucky to play us on a day when everyone was on top of thier game, Since then we have been tested in a couple of games drawing against a well organise Camelford team and although we beat Holywell & Cubert they gave us our hardest test so far. We expect to have to fight hard against some good Duchy 3 teams, and underestimate none. We will I hope keep a good team spirit and atmosphere at the Club that has created a good squad.