Cornwall Football Forum

J.T retires from England duty

cornish-blue

John Terry Statement

I am today announcing my retirement from International Football. I would like to thank the England Managers who have selected me for my 78 caps. I have had great pleasure in sharing that honour with all the players that I’ve played with. I would like to thank them, the fans and my family for their support and encouragement during my international career.

Representing and captaining my country is what I dreamed of as a boy and it has been a truly great honour. I have always given my all and it breaks my heart to make this decision. I want to wish Roy and the team every success for the future.

I am making this statement today in advance of the hearing of the FA disciplinary charge because I feel The FA, in pursuing charges against me where I have already been cleared in a court of law, have made my position with the national team untenable.

I now look forward to playing for Chelsea FC, and challenging for domestic and European honours, and I want to thank the fans and the club for their continued support.

John Terry

Well done, great captain, leader and legend. Concentrate on helping the Blue Tinners, European champions, :c: to retain their well-deserved crown. Ignore the stupid English national team, at whom we real Cornish take such delight in laughing. As far as the FA are concerned, J.T.'s comments are exactly right. What other organisation would have the pomposity to second-guess a legal trial ?

Do the English have rule by law, as described by their great constitutionalists Dicey and Jennings, or rule by proxies for John Ryder, Dawn Aberdeen and the Midlands Today reject ?

Anyway, the North London boo-boys from the Arse and Tottingham have made such a show of themselves at Wembley for years that I would be delighted if Frank and Cashley dropped out of Woy's Wanderers in solidarity.

Maybe we could let the butcher's-apron waving Sawsneks build a side around the likes of Ledley King and Huddleston instead (snigger). Oh, they're gone already ? Never mind, you'd have more chance of winning something if you brought back Chivers and Peters.

Or, especially for Somersetspur, PRATT ! :yahoo:

Good riddance to bad rubbish. :SM_carton:

Agree with that, the bloke became to big for his own boots and his brain could not keep up with his ego. He's a k--b.

Agree with that but what about the other overpaid bloke who chucks his toys out the pram just because someone called him a nasty name. Does this bloke not know there are people starving and dying all over the world and someone calling him a name is not that important in the great scheme of things. I'm a proud Cornishman and have been called a "Straw sucking sheep s*****r amongst other things on my travels, just be thankful for what you've got and get on with it.

No no !!!! we are not the sheep shaggers, thats them funny people over that border. WE are straw chewing oooo arrrrs! cider drinking idiots - or so I've been told many times. I do however agree he should get over it, same as Terry should never have said it.

Then again you can't call any-one fat anymore, or blind, or - well you get the message, firkin joke really every-one should man up a bit.

The wonderful wonderful inept FA have covered themselves in glory again

Suarez, £40,000 fine and 8 game ban for alledged racist remarks!

Terry, £220,000 fine and a 4 game ban for alledged racist remarks!

Where do they get their benchmark from?

That's easy to work out.They obviously value a one game suspension at £45,000 and they assume that John Terry's got more money than Luis Suarez.

So silly but where the FA is concerned who knows???

Glad hes out. End of. Time to bring in the younger ones and nurture them for the next finals, perhaps Smalling, Jones, Walker ,Kelly, Clyne, Barclay,Mattock, these are the ones at the back we can bring in ready to play at a major championships. Another good shout would seem to be whether these lads could have an England defending coach in the name of Steve Bould as he seems to have done wonders at Arsenal so far this season . As a Man u fan these guys defensively are the way forward for England. :)

I would have thought that as the LAW of the land had cleared JT of being Racist, anyone calling JT a racist after that, would be in breach of slander or libel laws... I'd sue the buggers !

Anyone who has seen the videos can clearly see that JT merely repeated what the QPR idiot had thought he had heard. The biggest racist in all of this, plays for a club up north at the Old Toilet.

We clearly all share the perspective that the initials FA generally stand for something less respectful than Football Association, especialy when the aged bursts of flatulence regard themselves as superior to the real courts. To JT, it is Monopoly money. His excellent performance at White Finsbury Hart Arabic Highbury Lane or the home of whichever of the North London losers he humiliated yeterday shows how much it bothered him. Giving his boots away to a little boy at the end was a nice gesture. He could have beaten Wenger's lot wearing carpet slippers saped like cocker spaniel heads.

As a former Equal Opportunities Officer, I regard JT as a very great man indeed.

Anton Ferdinand....well.guess which kid always ended up having to go in goal at the family kickabout ever Xmas.

The way I see it is that it's got a lot to do with Rio losing his captaincy to JT in the first place.

Rio losing the armband lost his devine right to be selected.

Any player that goes on Twitter is an error and it always ends up in tears.

Hate Man Utd but I can't wait for the day that Jones and Smalling get fit and boot Ferdinand out.

Rio has attempted to manipulate this situation for his own personal gain and it has backfired dramatically.

Not a Chelsea fan either.

Also like to say that the people criticising JT for celebrating the Champions League win in the fashion that he did were wrong.

Most players would have been low key if they did not play as most players think of only themselves.

JT was there, delighted for the club, his team mates and for his own efforts during the campaign.

As for Anton, he's been played, shame he never knew what was really going on.

• 3 weeks later...

"Wot ?"

Why would I want to kick myself in the foot ? I'm obviously too slow to keep pace with your banter, Older. All that fancy footwork you and Ferdinand and the other pensioners learn from stting in watching Stricly Come Dancing is clearly enhancing your mental celerity. Brilliant !

Ferguson needs to go on the show: it's his best chance of winning something.

Don't expect you'll be on here much after tomorrow's results, so I'll say bye bye for now. :)

"Wot ?"

Why would I want to kick myself in the foot ? I'm obviously too slow to keep pace with your banter, Older. All that fancy footwork you and Ferdinand and the other pensioners learn from stting in watching Stricly Come Dancing is clearly enhancing your mental celerity. Brilliant !

Ferguson needs to go on the show: it's his best chance of winning something.

Don't expect you'll be on here much after tomorrow's results, so I'll say bye bye for now. :)

Think you misread that one izzzzzzzzzzzaac.