Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results - Sat Sept 22nd 2012

Recommended Posts

Duchy Two

Premier Sixes 8 - 1 St Breward ht 2-0

Wayne Davey for St Breward

Neil Currah (3), Martyn Probert (2), Josh Mitchell (2) and an OG for P6

Approximately 1 million times better than last weeks collapse to North Petherwin. Only 1 player from last weeks collapse (Rob Black centre back) started in the same position and what a change it made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St. Columb Major 3 - 1 St. Mawgan

Three second half goals, two from central defenders Martin Atkinson and Adam Weller, were enough to secure three points for St. Columb Major after a tepid local derby turned out to be a game of two halves after an impressive strike from James Olsen had given the visitors an early lead.

St. Mawgan looked stronger and seemed to have more desire as Major struggled to get going early on and when Olsen found himself in acres of space on the quarter of an hour mark, there was no stopping his fine strike from twenty five yards as it sailed into the top corner. The game failed to live up to the quality of the opening goal, although the visitors did have a goal disallowed for offside and if Sean Lambert had held his run when in acres of space, St. Mawgan may have doubled their advantage.

The visitors also struck the outside of the post in the first half and Major didn't appear to have enough in the tank to go on to win the game and a draw even looked unlikely as the first half drew to a conclusion. A bizarre decision by the referee, something that became a recurring theme as the game wore on, resulted in an indirect free-kick in the area moments before half-time after Nathan Prentice had collected what was clearly not an intentional back pass and Dom Roberts failed to convert his twice taken strike on goal after Tom Vose was penalised for breaking out of the wall. St. Mawgan's relief was clear as their players rallied to block an eight-yard strike from Major's frontman.

The second half was a completely different proposition as St. Mawgan opted to defend deep and Prentice's goal was under increasing pressure with Major's Will Bennett failing to convert two very presentable opportunities. Major's goalkeeper Ben Curtis became a near bystander in the second half with the exception of a brave stop at the feet of Olsen and his opposite number Prentice made an error of judgement when he came out of his goal and caught Alex Bicknell as he dragged his shot wide of the goal. The referee pointed to the spot and Martin Atkinson held his nerve to slot the ball into the bottom corner despite Prentice's best efforts. The home side were clearly in the ascendancy and with the visitors opting to defend even deeper due to a reshuffle after a couple of injuries, Andy Bicknell was able to make an attacking double change with David Rabone and Marco Ciarleglio joining the equation. It wasn't long before Major had forged ahead when a clearance dropped to Adam Weller who sent back a looping left foot volley that dipped over Prentice's despairing dive and into the top corner for a fine second.

Major weren't finished and went in search for more goals; a fine bit of work from Jamie Leavers on the right wing created space for the impressive midfielder to unleash a dipping strike for a late third.

It was by no means a classic, however, Major demonstrated some resolve to do enough to overcome a first half deficit in order to secure an important three points over their rivals whilst maintaining their unbeaten start to the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great game of football today between Foxhole v Boscastle. Well reffed by Darren Bragg.

Foxhole dominated the game and came out 5-0 winners, but credit to Boscastle they never gave up and were a very sporting side.

Good luck for the rest of the season and look forward to the rematch at your place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St.Cleer have made a promising start in the Premier Division, but fell with a thump after being thrashed seven nil at Torpoint Athletic. Lewis Pacey hit a hat trick with Graham O’Neil adding a debut brace. Dominic Murray and Shane Gill completed the rout, but there were a couple of bright points for the visitors, but they were denied on each occasion by world-class saves from Torpoint keeper Tom McHale.

Fowey United hit eight without reply against Bodmin Saints with Rory Barnicle hitting a hat trick and Josh Frampton and Richard Riddell adding a brace apiece. Luke Watts completed the rout.

Probus were another to have a big win turning a two nil half time advantage into a seven goal hammering of Calstock. Sam Bullen was again in ace form with four goals with Martin O’Callaghan, Alex Hayhoe, and an own goal completing their tally.

Leaders AFC St.Austell scored an impressive three nil win at Saltash United to demonstrate they are the force to beat. Mike Body scored a brace with Phil Hutchings adding their other goal.

St.Columb Major made hard work of winning what turned out to be a tame local derby with St.Mawgan 3-1. The visitor’s took an eighth minute lead with an unstoppable James Olsen strike. His should have ignited the game, but it didn’t and it took until the 68th minute for the hosts to equalised when Martin Atkinson scored from the spot. Major applied pressure and took the lead five minutes from the end when from a cleared corner Adam Weller looped the ball back into the net. In injury time Jamie Leavers scored the third.

First Division leaders St.Dominick lost their 100 per cent start, top place in Division One and their composure as they were thrashed 10-2 at Pensilva. The home side started with a blitz with three goals in the opening sixteen minutes through a Jack Podmore brace and a Marc Tuck free kick. The visitors although stunned did respond with some style reducing the arrears to 3-2 after a penalty and an own goal. Sam Rogers added a fourth for Pensilva and after this the visitors lost their discipline and were reduced to ten men. Rogers scored twice more to complete his hat trick and take to half time score to 6-2. Two penalties from Jack Penhaligon and goals from John Filbey and Aaron Varcoe completed the scoring and a special mention for referee Jeff Stacey who officiated a difficult game with great experience.

Altarnun picked up their first win of the season with a comfortable 5-1 defeat of Maker with Rame. They were ahead as early as the first minute with Neil Tryner scoring in off the post. Jimmy Miles then gave away a penalty and Luke Jones stroked home an equaliser. Altarnun regained the lead when Steve Jasper passed for Tryner to slot home his second, and Danny Moore added a third. Another Jasper through ball saw Stuart Cole increase the lead, and Cole turned provider after hitting a post and seeing his shot rebound to Sam Smith to convert.

Polperro picked up a superb 3-1 win in their derby match at previously unbeaten Pelynt. Colin Wilson scored a brace and Dan Ball added a further goal in their win with Liam Jones scoring the home goal.

Biscovey move up after goals from Martyn Jones and Nick Isbell gave them a 2-1 win at Gunnislake. Darren Benfield replied for the home team.

Godolphin Atlantic remain unbeaten after a Ben Colquhoun goal gave them a share of the spoils at Week St.Mary. Rob Pearce was the home scorer.

The top two in Division Two met at North Petherwin where the leaders Lostwithiel were beaten four nil, and it would have been more other than for three outstanding saves from Bill Davies. Although the score-line and saves suggest a one-sided game that was not the case and the final result was flattering for the home team. Alex Emmanuel-Jones put them ahead with Joe Reeve adding a second. Tom Foulds put the game out of reach of the visitors with Andy Penn completing the scoring with a fantastic individual goal.

Padstow United close in on the leaders after their 3-1 win at AFC Bodmin. John Murt, Kyle Tippett and an own goal for Padstow with Andy Seymour replying.

Foxhole also move closer to the top after five-goal defeat of Boscastle. The host’s made a flying start with Sam Leaney giving them a fifteenth minute lead. Although dominant they didn’t add to their total until the second half with a debut goal from Jamie Robinson. Leaney scored his second after which Boscastle made some changes and came more into the game. As they pushed for something out of the match Boscastle were caught twice on the break by Rob Giltjes with a great individual goal and by a Jamie Killen strike. It was also nice to receive a communication from referee Darren Bragg praising both teams on their entertaining football, sportsmanship and hospitality as he had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

Premier Sixes after a poor performance last week changed their personnel and positions around with only Rob Black maintaining the same position in the team. The changes worked as they put in a superb performance and hammered St.Breward 8-1. They were two up at half time through Josh Mitchell and Martyn Probert, and then went to town in the second half with the wind behind them. Wayne Davey did score a consolation goal for St.Breward, but by then they were seven goals behind. Neil Currah scored a second half hat trick with Mitchell and Probert adding their second goals and the visitors putting through their own net.

There was a first win of the season for Gerrans & St.Mawes United at Lanreath and they leapfrog their rivals and off the bottom after a 3-1 success. Charlie Andrew, Adrian Clode and Andy Harris scored for the visitor’s with Dan Collings replying.

Stoke Climsland take over at the top of Division Three after coming from behind to win 4-2 at Delabole. In what was an entertaining game, Tom Savage hit a screamer of a volley on the half hour to give the visitors the half time lead. Delabole came racing out of the blocks at the start of the second half and two quick goals from Tom Harris and an own goal turned the score-line around. Veteran Ian Cook came on from the substitutes bench and within two minutes equalised with a header and then crossed for Rob Bennett to hit a superb volley on the penalty spot to restore the visitor’s lead. Sixteen year-old Josh Searle scored his second goal in successive games to ensure the points.

Tregony recorded a first victory with Aaron Davey, Jamie Andrew, Chris Kilbey and Tom Rhodes scoring in the 4-2 win at Callington Town. Martin Hunn and Sam Nicholson scored the home consolation.

Welcome Inn beat Camelford three nil with Tom Pickering scoring a brace and Nathan McGall adding the other goal.

Mevagissey reserves had an easy five nil victory over Pensilva reserves in their Division Four clash. After dominating the first half it took them until the last minute before Joe Lewis put the host’s ahead. Bruce Campbell scored a quick brace after the break and the win was rounded off by goals from Dan Brady and Eli O’Brien.

Torpoint Comrades take over at the top on goal difference after a Jake Goodrum hat trick helped them to a six nil win at St.Teath. Dave Palmer, Fred Wilcox and Curtis Evans completed the scoring.

Gunnislake reserves arrived at Grampound reserves with only ten men, but worked extremely hard throughout before going down 6-4. They had a dream start with Steve Moorcroft conceding an own goal after a long throw after ninety seconds. Then in the fifth minute Harry Southcott added a second with a good shot. Grampound didn’t panic a gained a foothold with Peter Thomas scoring twice to level the game. Ryan Orchard put them ahead for the first time latching on to a Alastair Woodman through ball and Thomas completed his hat trick to make it 4-2 at half time. The home side took their foot off the pedal after the restart and the unfortunate Moorcroft made a poor back pass, which was put away by Southcott. Matt Skews scored from a corner to restore the host’s two-goal advantage with Thomas then scoring his fourth goal. With virtually the last kick of the game Gunnislake’s Ashley Pollard pulled a goal back.

Lifton won with Matt Endacott scoring the only goal of the game at St.Cleer reserves.

A Dean Dingle hat trick has given Duke of Cornwall a second successive win in Division Five. They beat Boscastle reserves 5-1 with Mark Nagle and Leon Trudgeon completing the home scoring.

St.Dennis produced by far their best performance of the season to topple Premier Division Mevagissey from the KMD Developments Knock Out Cup. The first division side won 3-2 with Gary Tippett and Phil James both scoring and then Stuart Bell coming off the substitutes bench to score the winner. Mevagissey replied with a Karl Best own goal and a Miles Gardner strike.

There were two Bodmin Sports Trophies League Cup first round ties that both went with the higher division side. Gorran put out Tregrehan Mills 3-1 with Jack Bray-Smith scoring a brace. Dave Grose completed the home scoring with Dean Seville getting the visitor’s consolation.

St.Minver full of former Wadebridge players beat their derby rivals three nil to progress to the next round. Paul Dingle scored a brace with Chris Simmons completing their tally.

There was one Cornwall Junior Cup preliminary round game where Grampound faced a difficult task at LC phoenix, but came away with a 2-1 win. Grampound played very well in the first half and took a twentieth minute lead when Martin Lloyd side footed home. On the half hour Shane Weeks was shoved in the box and doubled the visitor’s lead from the resultant penalty. Dan Riley made a spectacular save to keep the hosts at bay as they fought back in the second half, but with the game going into the final ten minutes Grampound had four good chances on the break, but spurned them all. Phoenix hit a last minute consolation as they went out of the competition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Dean Dingle hat trick has given Duke of Cornwall a second successive win in Division Five. They beat Boscastle reserves 5-1 with Mark Nagle and Leon Trudgeon completing the home scoring.

must give it to duke they played well today but didn't have it all there own way as boscastle had the better of the 1st half after making a slow start and going a goal down we got hold of the ball in midfield and started playing some good football and got a desevered equaliser from a free kick from about 40 yrds out which was a cross come shot which rocketed in the top corner from nev turner and after this we had several chances to add to it but squandered two very good chances !! the 2nd half was poor performance from boscastle and the lack of games under the belt told as duke ran away deserved winners perhaps the 5-1 was a little harsh on boscastle but match fitness cost us today but good luck to duke for rest of season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Foxhole 5 - 0 Boscastle

Very good performance for the entire 90minutes this week from Foxhole, no 2nd half collapse this week!! I felt we were never in any real trouble and pretty much controlled this game, and couldve had more but for a series of good saves from the Boscastle keeper, last chance interceptions and one goal ruled out by the assistant linesman supplied by the away side for an offside, even though the ball was tapped in after a shot from approx 6yrds was saved by the keeper and parried out to someone else 10yrds out ( with no one else in the box from Foxhole ) ..... baffled me to be honest, but the ref to his credit explained the assistant had a better view than him so went with the assistant. At least we knew why the goal was ruled out. As it happened, we scored again a couple minutes later anyway!!

On that note...... praise of the highest kind to the referee, Darren Bragg. Officiated the game very well, was approachable and communicated well although the match. Referees like this deserve credit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gunnislake 2, Biscovey 1.

Great game to watch with both sides equally having possession in the first half.

1st goal came within 5 minutes of the start when the away teams shot hit the post and in.

Darren Benfield equalised 20 minutes later with a well taken goal from a cross out wide from Scott Paskins

With the scores 1-1 each at the break. Biscovey came out in the 2nd period looking like the more likely to score,

With 15 minutes to go Biscovey were given a controversial penalty, when a free kick at the edge of the box was fired at the wall, for only the ball to hit a players arm (arms were by the players side. not raised).

There was fight in the dying moments when Gunnislake went all attack but the away side taking all 3 points deservedly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Footymad St Dom turned up sat and not interested at all did not look up for it in the warm up very very poor,you cant take nothing away from pensilver they where fired up from the start did not give st dom time to settle and played some nice football one team to watch this season,st dom had one sent off but thats no excuse a bad day in the office,the ref was poor in my eyes should of booked 2 st dom players in the first half and cut the crap out early did not take control of the game than started blowing up for silly things which just fired up the dom players 2 soft pens against them, a pen for them which was handled on the line no cards shown but still the doms deserved to lose so its a case of learning from sat and moving on,a great bunch at pensilver and all the the best for the season Tony is doing great things with the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...