Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - Sat Sept 22nd 2012

Trelawney div 4

Lizard 0-3 Frogpool reserves.

About twenty minutes in Jason Dyer made a brilliant run, played the ball across the line where Dan Teubert Slotted Home.

Both teams had plenty of chances and was very even.

Ht 0-1

Lizard put a lot of pressure on early but Frogpool defended well, and goalkeeper Craig Johnson had a great performance. The second Frogpool goal came from a long throw in from Jason Dyer won by Dan Teubs. Where Simon slotted home with a left footed volley and a great performance.

The third goal was a break where Mike Vokes passed to Jason Dyer who ran through to make it three with a excellent goal.

Nice to finally get some points! Lizard were a great friendly side who I wish the best of luck too for the rest of the season. Game was really well reffed by a young referee.

Man of the match: Dan Teubert

Trelawney 2.

Hayle 0-1 Madron

Madron scorer: Mark salmon penalty

A very scrappy game in windy conditions at hayle. after last week we came into this game with alot of confidence and we had are strongest team so far this season but todays match was scrappy from us and we played alot of long balls but defended very well. Hayle tested me in goal in the 1st half and i made a couple of decent saves and towards the end of half, hayle were lucky not to be awarded a freekick on the edge of are box after a counter attack but we had last decent chance with a freekick that was well saved by the keeper.

In the second half we started to play long ball as we had the wind in are favour. Hayle were awarded a penalty and i guessed right to make the save and then we attacked straight away and was awarded a penalty and we scored it. In the last 10 mins hayle were awarded a couple of freekicks and one hit the wall, one hit the bar and another was quickly taken but was put wide.

Hayle are a decent team and thanks for the food afterwards

Percy Stephens Cup

Pool Utd 1 .v. Lizard Argyle 4

Let ourselves down in the 1st half and plenty for manager James Isaacs to think about after two defeats on the bounce now. Personnel and position changes due to one thing or other but still enough quality on show for us to do better than this. Men over on us time and again and some well taken goals by the visitors using composed play in our third of the pitch. We came out with a lot more fight in the second half and had a lions share of posession but couldn't hit the back of the net. Sad to be out the cup at this early stage but, as most will say, "now we can concentrate on the league".

Pool Utd goalscorer- Barry Penfold

Percy Stephens Cup

Wendron 1 Camborne Park 3

Scorers

Grasso x2

Knuckey x1

Camborne Park by far the better team in the first half and were soon 2-0 up.

A lifeline goal for Wendron on the stroke of half time gave us belief and the second half we pressed on and had the lions share of posession but created few clear cut chances.

In the end a late breakaway goal gave Camborne Park a third and sealed the win.

Deserved win for Camborne Park and shows Division 5 is gonna be a tough one this year.

Good luck in the next round.

Trelawney 1

Rosudgeon 1-4 Stithians (HT 0-1)

Pretty solid first half performance today, going against the wind first half conceded a sloppy goal from a throw in.

Second half got back into the game but only to be caught on the break 3 times.

Bit of an Arsenal performance to our game today. Alot of posession and not really doing nothing with the ball, also conceding a couple sloppy goals.

All the best to Stithians decent bunch.

Rosudgeon goalscorer:

That man again JAMIE CREE

Gwinear 11 Trevenson 1. Another win for Gwinear against Trevenson for the second week on the bounce. Marathon next week should prove a challenge and a realistic view on how the season could pan out against 2 of the favourites

Percy Stephens Cup

Scorers

Grasso x2

Knuckey x1

A lifeline goal for Wendron on the stroke of half time gave us belief and the second half we pressed on and had the lions share of posession but created few clear cut chances.

Deserved win for Camborne Park and shows Division 5 is gonna be a tough one this year.

thanks totally agree with all said game of two halves difference being creation of chances, good luck for your league campaign juding by league result you,ll be there or there abouts so best of luck :)

Titans 1-1 penryn 3rds

Very competitive game, titans scoring early and penryn scoring with a penalty 5 mins from time though Chris page. Titans very good side who work really hard, not many will get a result out there. So chuffed to get a result. Bet of luck titans good bunch of lads

• hecter hecter . no need to blame the pitch theres a lot worse around ,the ref had a good game as for the showers that cant be helped,next time dont turn up stay at home and play with yourself . aggie played well and deserved the win,bad work man and tools come to mind. a lot of hard work goes in to getting pitches ready at every club,take it you must just turn up play and then go again .

Titans 1 Penryn 1

Can't believe how many chances again we missed first half. you cannot win games when you don't score as we should be . We had at least 6 one on ones and to many chances went begging. Full credit to Penryn they never gave up and second half pushed us back and deserved there penalty ( soft but right ) thought the ref was superb let the game flow 10/10 . If we are going to compete for this league I need to find a striker, that can put the ball in the net .

Percy Stephens Cup

Scorers

Grasso x2

Knuckey x1

thanks totally agree with all said game of two halves difference being creation of chances, good luck for your league campaign juding by league result you,ll be there or there abouts so best of luck :)

We were much better second half after I made a good managerial decision - subbed myself :) . Keep trying to retire but just not enough players around.

So - anyone looking to play for Wendron this season - contact me on 07989 132110

Percy Stephens Cup

Scorers

Grasso x2

Knuckey x1

We were much better second half after I made a good managerial decision - subbed myself :) . Keep trying to retire but just not enough players around.

So - anyone looking to play for Wendron this season - contact me on 07989 132110

Or Stithians FC David on 07563494925 :-)

Percy Stephens Cup

Scorers

Grasso x2

Knuckey x1

Or Stithians FC David on 07563494925 :-)

Hijacked!!!

Guest BenTheYeti

Arthur Pearce Cup

Troon 3rd's 1 - 1 Halsetown Reserves (a.e.t - Halsetown win 4-3 on penalties)

I have been told, that I'm not allowed to write an essay about my own personal performance today (which as I'm sure you know, I'd never do anyway.. unless I actually scored 17 goals in a match), so we'll see how this goes..

On a blustery mid-January day, Halsetown paid their first visit to Grouter Park in several years. Luckily for us this week, the manager had found a Men In Black memory wipe device and used it on anyone associated with Halsetown, so last weeks mauling was gone from the minds and we managed to convince a squad of 14 to show up. A cup game against a team from three divisions below our own had some dreaming of how many they would score against so-called lowly opposition.. unfortunately Lawrence "The Cat" Kennedy decided to drink one of his remaining lives away last night so we only had one functioning striker until the penalty shootout.

Any thoughts some may have had about a comfortable stroll into the next round were soon vanquished with Troon charging down the slope in the first half, and seemingly wanting to be first to every ball a lot more than us, When Halsetown did get the ball and play it around, they were met with tackling harder than Chuck Norris' steel toe capped boot, all of which were ball winning challenges and served to add more belief to the Red and Whites.

A goal duly arrived, with a shot from range giving <insert name of GK> a chance to add to his repertoire of "how not to save an oncoming football" by diving past it. A second goal almost arrived shortly afterwards, only for new signing Charlie Shields to get a toe on a goal bound shot after the Troon striker had rounded <insert name>

HT 1-0

With the Halsetown manager at his most frustrated (he even almost swore), and the reality of another early cup exit to lower league opposition (see Constantine 2011), Halsetown were determined to get something from the game (apart from The Cat who was still unsure of what day it was, or even why he was wearing football boots). We poured forward time and again, with plenty of good work from the midfield four (Jeff "jumps like a salmon on springs" Robinson, Richard "shoot from everywhere" Thompson, Regi "will you all stop shooting from everywhere" Price and Joseph "catapult throw-in" Binney) leading to a number of chances that were either very well defended, just missed or well saved.

After a succession of corners around the 80th minute led to nothing, it seemed like being one of those days again for us. However, lady luck has clearly been on holiday in St Ives this week, and in the 85th minute, a free kick well inside the Troon half led to <insert name> running 60 yards to take it, and, with all 10 Black and White shirts looking to score, the ball found its way onto Gareth Clifton-Dey's golden/greying mane, and it nestled in the far corner.

FT 1-1

With Halsetown now sensing a victory, they started the first half of extra time still attacking down the slope, and but for a great stop from the Troon keeper and excellent defensive work yet again, maybe we'd have sneaked a goal ahead. That would have been extremely harsh on Troon, who to a man played very well throughout, so a draw the fairest result.

With penalties came memories of last year's cup loss once again, and after Troon had gone 1-0, Alex Price saw his penalty brilliantly saved and the omens weren't good. Luckily <insert name> closed his eyes for the next 4 penalties, saving 2 in the process, and with Halsetown scoring penalties 2,3 and 4, it was left to <insert name> to step up, pray to every God known to man, and put the ball in the net.

All in all, a very good cup game, which became more enjoyable and more entertaining as a game of football as it progressed, Unfortunately, a team has to lose and all the best to Troon for the season, I'm sure it'll be a good one at a very good set up at Grouter Park.

Thought the ref had a very good game, kept it straight forward and let the game flow.

A week off for the reserves next week, so we're all off to a shooting range in Texas to improve our aiming.. and to shoot The Cat in the knee for going out on the ale on a Friday

Division 1

Halsetown 3 - 2 St Day Reserves

A very good win as I understand it for the first team.. coming back to win after going a goal down after about 15 seconds apparently.. good day all round for 'Town

Cup

Newlyn NA Res 3 v 4 Mawnan Res (AET)

0-1 (awful defending - good low finish to corner of net inside the box)

1-1 (Dion Star - back post header from good cross)

2-1 (Adam Strowger - 30 yard bullet freekick)

3-1 (Adam Strowger benefits from defensive mix up, close finish into unguarded net) (HT)

3-2 (can't remember what happened - was it my fault and I've blanked it?)

3-3 (good header from freekick) (FT)

3-4 (First period penalty - saved, hit in on rebound by penalty taker) Final score.

Great game. Well reffed. No bad tackles. Both teams tried playing football, although Mawnan were the only team that played football in the second period of normal time. Newlyn resorted to long ball just to stay in the match. We did come back into it, could easily have scored in extra time, but well done to the visitors, no complaints from us and good luck in the next round.

Arthur Pearce Cup

Carharrack Res 0 (0) - (3) 3 Helston 3rds

Well heres my report of the game for yesterdays cup encounter. Carharrack entered the stage knowing this was going to be a tough tie against a good side. Things started well for Carharrack with good team passing and Stevens carving out a shot that went inches wide. Helston then started to dominate the game with lots of movement and passing between the side. Helston were looking dangerous with there fast counter attacking football when Carharrack lost possession. Helston thought they took the lead but the goal was ruled out for offside. Then moments later the same happened again the flag went up however after nearly every player stopped and turned round the ref said play on over-ruling an offside decision leaving helston an easy chance and it was converted 1-0. Helston then doubled there lead stealing the ball off Carharrack and they broke the offside trap to convert yet again 2-0. Then a few minutes later Helston made it 3 with Carharrack at a state of disarray and heads down.

The 2nd half wasnt much to report on to be honest with both sides keeping the ball but creating little chances. Carharrack did create a few with Stevens heading over a couple of times and Jolly having a header with his 50p head cleared off the line. Helston handled themselves well in the 2nd half not needing to push forward just keeping the ball as much as they could and got the tie sorted in the 10 minute spell during the first half.

I would like to Thank Helston of which everyone came back to the club for some grub and a few beers. Great bunch and im sure we will be playing you in a league game soon enough with the quality they possess. I would like to add that we lost the football but kept our heads up winning the Motm downing contest.

Helston Motm: Cant member his name im sorry. Think it may of been Tom.

Carharrack Motm: Paul Michael John Jolly.

Best of Luck to Helston,

Next for Carharrack a Trip to Newquay in the league.

Div 2

Frogpool & Cusgarne 9 - 1 Cury (1-0 HT)

A good game of football that was quite close up until about 55 minutes in, when the home side started to dominate and put away the chances that were created.

The first half saw Frogpool create many goal scoring opportunities, but we thought it was going to be another one of those days as several chances flew harmlessly over the bar and a great run from the wing left James Reburn looking skyward in disbelief as his 25yard strike hit the upright and went harmlessly wide. Finally, the pressure paid off and some good harrying from Marc "10 Legs" Taylor led to Brett Hocking picking up the ball just outside the area. He was able to drive into the box and slot home low to the keepers right from 12 yards out. Cury continued to show great energy in the middle of the pitch and never let us settle, but i think they were happy to come off the pitch only 1 goal behind at half time.

The second half saw a refreshed Cury come out of the blocks determined and after a few forays into the Frogpool defensive lines, that were soundly rebuffed, Cury's no. 10 made a snaking, breakaway, solo run into the Frogpool defence and went down under what seemed like a fair challenge in the area, only for the referee to signal for a penalty. Following the mandatory protests from the Frogpool defence (myself included), the Cury player (sorry no name or number) put away a very good penalty, leaving our keeper no chance. 1 - 1 and game very much on!

Thankfully, that proved to be the kick up the backside that we obviously needed and from that point on the home side created chance after chance... Shortly after going level, a (soft) free kick was given to Frogpool 25 yards out and Nick Lasseter scored with a finely placed free kick to the top left corner. The following 30 minutes became a bit of a blur, but ultimately Brett Hocking completed his hat trick with a couple of right footed efforts (shocked us too), 10 Legs got his deserved goal shortly afterwards, followed by James Reburn's accurate low drive (just inside the left post this time) and a textbook face-slapping header from Neil Carter 6 yards out after that. Substitutes Shaun "peggy" Smith and Kevin Goodland completed the scorers to make it a comfortably victory in the end. I should mention that defensively we were able to limit the visitors to very few glimpses of the goal, although a couple of openings were brilliantly dealt with by Lee Booker in between the home sticks.

A good day at the office all round for us and although things went sour for them in the end, i must compliment the Cury boys on good spirited game - hard fought without any nasty challenges or aggro.

I can't lie and say that i agreed with every decision the referee made during the game, but it's a difficult job to do and, if nothing else, i respect the way in which he gave his decisions - no nonsense put up and shut up.

I wish the Cury boys all the best for the rest of the season (apart from the return fixture obviously), see you boys at your manor in a couple of months.

Penzance 0-6 Illogan

Simon Carter 3

Allan Buckley

Jay Smith

Og

Just wanted the 3 points and a cleen sheet.. Which is what we got so get on !! Should of been a lot more but at stages we were **** aint that right Shauny Carter ?? ha

Fairplay to Pz .. was trying to play football getting the ball down. I reckon a few results could come there way soon.

div 3

Redruth res 3 Goonhavern res 0

first half Redruth played with the wind and played well but just couldnt make the breakthrough until Kevin Mitchell tried a speculative effort which eluded the visiting goalkeeper . one nil at half time and was thinking if it would be enough . but Redruth went out second half and dominated . hit the post a couple of times and forced there keeper into a couple of saves ,finally with ten minutes left good play by subs Zac Letcher and John Pascoe led to Andy Osbourne tucking away a close range effort . then five minutes later good work by captain Tony Barber and Letcher set up Pascoe to wrap up the points . ref had a good game which was made easier by two teams who played football and dont remember a bad challenge . great squad performance from Redruth with all three subs playing superbly when brought on . good luck to Goonhavern for the rest of the season

Arthur Pearce Cup

Carharrack Res 0 (0) - (3) 3 Helston 3rds

Well heres my report of the game for yesterdays cup encounter. Carharrack entered the stage knowing this was going to be a tough tie against a good side. Things started well for Carharrack with good team passing and Stevens carving out a shot that went inches wide. Helston then started to dominate the game with lots of movement and passing between the side. Helston were looking dangerous with there fast counter attacking football when Carharrack lost possession. Helston thought they took the lead but the goal was ruled out for offside. Then moments later the same happened again the flag went up however after nearly every player stopped and turned round the ref said play on over-ruling an offside decision leaving helston an easy chance and it was converted 1-0. Helston then doubled there lead stealing the ball off Carharrack and they broke the offside trap to convert yet again 2-0. Then a few minutes later Helston made it 3 with Carharrack at a state of disarray and heads down.

The 2nd half wasnt much to report on to be honest with both sides keeping the ball but creating little chances. Carharrack did create a few with Stevens heading over a couple of times and Jolly having a header with his 50p head cleared off the line. Helston handled themselves well in the 2nd half not needing to push forward just keeping the ball as much as they could and got the tie sorted in the 10 minute spell during the first half.

I would like to Thank Helston of which everyone came back to the club for some grub and a few beers. Great bunch and im sure we will be playing you in a league game soon enough with the quality they possess. I would like to add that we lost the football but kept our heads up winning the Motm downing contest.

Helston Motm: Cant member his name im sorry. Think it may of been Tom.

Carharrack Motm: Paul Michael John Jolly.

Best of Luck to Helston,

Next for Carharrack a Trip to Newquay in the league.

Honest report jamie, thanks for your hospitality after the game good bunch of lads. It was Tom who was our MOTM......will have to pick a drinker next time!! good luck for the rest of the season and hope our paths cross again soon

No problem dobbie. funny thing is jolly isnt one of are good drinkers :yahoo: . I think the arthur pearce cup is teams res teams in the leagues. so 3rd teams 4th teams and res teams of those that have more than one team in the league of which it is the lowest team in the leagues i believe but i could be wrong. so teams such as helston 3rds st.day 3rds hayle 4ths and so on. but im welcome to someone saying otherwise or making it alot clearer then i can.

No problem dobbie. funny thing is jolly isnt one of are good drinkers :yahoo: . I think the arthur pearce cup is teams res teams in the leagues. so 3rd teams 4th teams and res teams of those that have more than one team in the league of which it is the lowest team in the leagues i believe but i could be wrong. so teams such as helston 3rds st.day 3rds hayle 4ths and so on. but im welcome to someone saying otherwise or making it alot clearer then i can.

well he drank very well yesterday! he was pretty quick. your comments about the arthur pearce cup makes sense and saves me asking my next question!!

Question..... is the arthur pearce cup div 3,4, and 5??

i think its for for teams who have a higher team in the percy stephens cup so next team the club competes in the arthur pearce example helston reserves compete in percy stephens and 3rds in arthur pearce, if only have one team at the club go straight in to percy stephens doesnt matter what division your in

Lanner 2 vs 5 Pendeen Rovers Res

Again another slow start from us on Saturday it really did seem that we were waiting for Lanner to do something before we took are proverbial fingers out of are *** , & Lanner were more than happy to take us up on are lackluster-ed opening by scoring !!!!!!

Once we had realized we had to actually pass the ball and tackle there players we actually started to play some nice football and dominate the game, must tip my hat to my center mid partner for the day Kyle "smiler" well after he scored he couldn't stop smiling who was top drawer & controlled the game.........

Another fine display from Burty up front weighing in with two goals either side of Kyle's 1-2 toe poke!!! ....also on the goal sheet was Luke "I must shoot with my Left" Gallagher and Wadey......

Overall things are looking up for the Res with a new signing on the way...and with the Dre's boys seeming to be strengthening all the time hopefully we will get a few more players :thumbsup:

Div 1

West Cornwall 0-2 Newlyn NA

Dreadful performance from WC, never got going at any point. First half was poor, WC looking comfortable against the long ball, without ever threatening at the other end. Newlyn much the same, no real threat from us or going forward themselves. Forgettable.

2nd half was the same again, looked like a very bad 0-0 all day, until WC decided to switch off from a quick throw which led to their striker to run through almost unopposed, and neatly volley his shot in from 12 yards. 2nd goal WC didn't fancy clearing a corner, their player hit a shot that must of hit everyone in front of him before deflecting past the keeper! Newlyn had a couple more chances late on as WC pushed players forward but came to nothing. WC should of played in Red and White, as we constantly passed the ball to Newlyn all day, horrible to have to watch! Credit to Newlyn though, they thoroughly deserved the win.

Well reffed, considering he didn't move from the centre circle until full time!! Perhaps we could do with a pair of his glasses, might help us see who we're passing too! Need to pick ourselves up for next week, and raise our performance levels by about 300%

Arthur Pearce Cup

Troon 3rd's 1 - 1 Halsetown Reserves (a.e.t - Halsetown win 4-3 on penalties)

I have been told, that I'm not allowed to write an essay about my own personal performance today (which as I'm sure you know, I'd never do anyway.. unless I actually scored 17 goals in a match), so we'll see how this goes..

On a blustery mid-January day, Halsetown paid their first visit to Grouter Park in several years. Luckily for us this week, the manager had found a Men In Black memory wipe device and used it on anyone associated with Halsetown, so last weeks mauling was gone from the minds and we managed to convince a squad of 14 to show up. A cup game against a team from three divisions below our own had some dreaming of how many they would score against so-called lowly opposition.. unfortunately Lawrence "The Cat" Kennedy decided to drink one of his remaining lives away last night so we only had one functioning striker until the penalty shootout.

Any thoughts some may have had about a comfortable stroll into the next round were soon vanquished with Troon charging down the slope in the first half, and seemingly wanting to be first to every ball a lot more than us, When Halsetown did get the ball and play it around, they were met with tackling harder than Chuck Norris' steel toe capped boot, all of which were ball winning challenges and served to add more belief to the Red and Whites.

A goal duly arrived, with a shot from range giving <insert name of GK> a chance to add to his repertoire of "how not to save an oncoming football" by diving past it. A second goal almost arrived shortly afterwards, only for new signing Charlie Shields to get a toe on a goal bound shot after the Troon striker had rounded <insert name>

HT 1-0

With the Halsetown manager at his most frustrated (he even almost swore), and the reality of another early cup exit to lower league opposition (see Constantine 2011), Halsetown were determined to get something from the game (apart from The Cat who was still unsure of what day it was, or even why he was wearing football boots). We poured forward time and again, with plenty of good work from the midfield four (Jeff "jumps like a salmon on springs" Robinson, Richard "shoot from everywhere" Thompson, Regi "will you all stop shooting from everywhere" Price and Joseph "catapult throw-in" Binney) leading to a number of chances that were either very well defended, just missed or well saved.

After a succession of corners around the 80th minute led to nothing, it seemed like being one of those days again for us. However, lady luck has clearly been on holiday in St Ives this week, and in the 85th minute, a free kick well inside the Troon half led to <insert name> running 60 yards to take it, and, with all 10 Black and White shirts looking to score, the ball found its way onto Gareth Clifton-Dey's golden/greying mane, and it nestled in the far corner.

FT 1-1

With Halsetown now sensing a victory, they started the first half of extra time still attacking down the slope, and but for a great stop from the Troon keeper and excellent defensive work yet again, maybe we'd have sneaked a goal ahead. That would have been extremely harsh on Troon, who to a man played very well throughout, so a draw the fairest result.

With penalties came memories of last year's cup loss once again, and after Troon had gone 1-0, Alex Price saw his penalty brilliantly saved and the omens weren't good. Luckily <insert name> closed his eyes for the next 4 penalties, saving 2 in the process, and with Halsetown scoring penalties 2,3 and 4, it was left to <insert name> to step up, pray to every God known to man, and put the ball in the net.

All in all, a very good cup game, which became more enjoyable and more entertaining as a game of football as it progressed, Unfortunately, a team has to lose and all the best to Troon for the season, I'm sure it'll be a good one at a very good set up at Grouter Park.

Thought the ref had a very good game, kept it straight forward and let the game flow.

A week off for the reserves next week, so we're all off to a shooting range in Texas to improve our aiming.. and to shoot The Cat in the knee for going out on the ale on a Friday

Division 1

Halsetown 3 - 2 St Day Reserves

A very good win as I understand it for the first team.. coming back to win after going a goal down after about 15 seconds apparently.. good day all round for 'Town

Very honest and a quality report !! Still gutted cant believe you scored in the 90th min with a soft goal !! Your goal scorer told me he closed his eyes and the ball hit his head !! To be honest we were hanging on and in extra time you were by far the better team .

As fot he pens a great safe by greg to make up for his donkey of the day moment in the 2nd half when he let the ball go for a corner when he thought it was a goal kick !!!

Guest BenTheYeti

Very honest and a quality report !! Still gutted cant believe you scored in the 90th min with a soft goal !! Your goal scorer told me he closed his eyes and the ball hit his head !! To be honest we were hanging on and in extra time you were by far the better team .

As fot he pens a great safe by greg to make up for his donkey of the day moment in the 2nd half when he let the ball go for a corner when he thought it was a goal kick !!!

I think you'll find the quality in our equaliser all came from the delivery :D :P

div 3

Redruth res 3 Goonhavern res 0

first half Redruth played with the wind and played well but just couldnt make the breakthrough until Kevin Mitchell tried a speculative effort which eluded the visiting goalkeeper . one nil at half time and was thinking if it would be enough . but Redruth went out second half and dominated . hit the post a couple of times and forced there keeper into a couple of saves ,finally with ten minutes left good play by subs Zac Letcher and John Pascoe led to Andy Osbourne tucking away a close range effort . then five minutes later good work by captain Tony Barber and Letcher set up Pascoe to wrap up the points . ref had a good game which was made easier by two teams who played football and dont remember a bad challenge . great squad performance from Redruth with all three subs playing superbly when brought on . good luck to Goonhavern for the rest of the season

Agree with you sammo good all round team performance, we are trying to play the right way and we are draining the legs of the opposition. Keep playing the same way Redruth and we will be there or there a outs at the end of the season. Cup game this week relax and enjoy lads and I will see you soon.... Make sure you win.

A bit late but someone might be interested

22nd September 2012

Penzance Reserves 0-6 Illogan RBL Reserves

This game was much closer than the scoreline suggests and league leaders Illogan were frustrated for long periods due to firm and good defending. A hat-trick of goals mid-way through the first half, an own goal and two late strikes were the Magpies undoing. Most of the play was in the Penzance half as once again they could seem to mount a serious challenge upfront and for the third game in a row never managed to win a corner.

Illogan break down their right, which seemed to be their strongest side, square the ball before a dipping 25yd volley hits the top of the cross-bar and goes behind. Penzance then cope until the 20th minute when strong pressure around the box sees the ball quickly flicked right, crossed in immediately for a low 6yd shot to pop into the net to make it 0-1.

2mins later while attacking, Penzance lose the ball whilst pushing forward. A long through ball over the defence has Illogan beating the off-side. The keeper has to come out to cut the angle but is chipped for the ball to go in at the near post.

The score becomes 0-3 on 28mins almost the same thing happens again when Illogan punt the ball up-field from the back again forcing the keeper out but this time he is volleyed from 12yds. Nothing he could do about those goals.

Penzance then come more into the game but can't force any clear-cut chances on the Illogan goal whilst resolutely defending their own.

H-T

Early in the second half Illogan win a corner on their left. The ball is knocked in for a dipping free header at point blank range which the keeper makes a great grab on the line to prevent another goal.

Again Illogan are frustrated by good defending until the 65min when the break on their left. They square the ball across to the middle of the Magpies half, look up and try to volley from 30yds. The ball hits a defender on the edge of the box and goes up and over the keeper and drops into the net to make it 0-4.

Once again Penzance lock the door and it isn't until the 81st and 83rd minutes that the league top scorers and favourites get on the score-sheet again. Illogan come down their left, square the ball, shoot, the keeper blocks but the ball rebound for Illogan to have a simple tap-in from 3yds into an empty net. The final goal follows from a through ball into the box, a clever side-step to fool everyone before firing in a rising volley from 12yds.

Illogan almost increase their lead in the final minute but the keeper makes a great save from point-blank range.

F-T

Match Facts

Corners: Penzance 0-8 Illogan

Fouls conceded: Penzance 3-7 Illogan

Attendance - 16