Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v Elburton Villa 3pm Bickland Park

Falmouth still smarting from their heavy midweek defeat at a rejuvinated St. Blazey will be all out to put things right with the visit of high flying Elburton Villa.

The visitors are enjoying their best ever start to a season lying in 4th. position and previously were Peninsula League leaders for the first time.

Injury hit Town with long term casualties Matt Drummond-Dan MaGee-Joe Lugg will be anxiously waiting for fitness reports on Mark Vercesi-Jamie Devine-Glen Squires.

Making a welcome return to Bickland Park will be for the Villa are Lee Rundle-Tom Barwell and Justin Crowley.

I'm sure Elburton Villa have topped the Peninsula League before.

I can't remember the season but Falmouth Town were the visitors to Haye Road for the first game of that season.

They had a very good start that season but I don't know how it compares to this.

Anyway, here's to a good game.

Not quite-"wupass"

You are probably referring to 2009-10 season when Falmouth lost 1-2 at Haye Road on the opening game of the season

Not the biggest score of the day to go top.

Witheridge were the early leaders winning their first three and league tables showed Elburton Villa sharing top with level points for several weeks in early September but having an inferior goal difference.

Elburton Villa

2009-10 P.7-W.2-D.4-L.1 Gd +3-Pts 10-3rd=

2012-13 P.7-W.5-D.0-L.2-Gd +7-Pts 15-4th.