Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup 2012/13 Preliminary Round

These will be the first four clubs to experience the joy of rolling subs!!! Well 3 of them will holmans will be lucky to have just 11 although some of our lot have said they would still like to experience using rolling subs so during the game they may just wander off and have a breather and let the others play on with 10 men :)

Launceston College Phoenix 1-2 Grampound

This was a very comfortable win for Grampound who took a 2 goal first half lead through Martin Lloyd and a Shane Weeks penalty which might have earnred a red card for the defender as the striker was held back when clear on goal but the ref decided otherwise. Grampound then defended with few alarms and might have scored a hat-full. Grampound keeper Dan Riley had to make one good save in the second half and Grampound missed numerous gilt-edged chances to put the match safe. LC Phoenix scored a consolation in the last minute with Grampound defenders claiming a clear offside but not given.

Mabe 7 Holman SC Res 1

Trelawny Division 5 team Mabe beat a team two leagues above them but,to be fair,the away team could only muster ten players.

It was three at half time and Mabe,who are improving very quickly after a poor start to the season,kept turning the screw.It was six by the time Nigel Hambly came out of goal to drive in from 25 yards.

Good turnout back at the pub afterwards.

Good game to referee and plenty of harmless banter.Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

• Pitty, I wouldn't ask you how the new rolling subs rule went.

• I don't know about Pitty, but Grampound used it to their advantage when centre-back Jason Retallick took a painful knock just before half time and came off, but had some treatment and was able to resume 10 minutes after the break. Daley McErlain came on for him, went off and came on again up front midway through the second half.

Pitty, I wouldn't ask you how the new rolling subs rule went.

We didn't want the rolling subs to spoil our concentration rich.

I was away this weekend but obviously got a full report unfortunately both sides are struggling for numbers the 1st team went with a bare minimum 11 for their senior cup game at pendeen and after having to take a couple from the 2nds leaving them in the unfortunate position of playing with 10 Would just like to say apart from the result well done to manager Dave cooper and the 10 that fulfilled the fixture. We ended up having one of those weeks with lots of people away hopefully addressing the problem over the next few weeks

• 3 weeks later...

Despite there being 2 Preliminary Round matches, the CCFA website only lists 63 First Round games (numbers 3-65 inclusive).

Is there one missing, or has someone received a bye due to someone else pulling out, and if so who?

I just noticed this. Can't see Gulval fixtured anywhere in the Junior Cup????? Anyone know anything????