University of Exeter 1 Exmouth Town 2

Vospers Oak Villa 2 Holsworthy 4

Wadebridge Town 2 St Dennis 0

Premier Division : 3pm

Bodmin Town 4 - 1 Tavistock

Camelford 3 - 0 Liskeard Athletic

Launceston 2 - 3 Plymouth Parkway

St Austell 0 - 0 Witheridge

I was at the saltash torpoint game tonight and i thought a draw was a fair outcome. No keepers had anything to do. Both sides cancelled eachother out really. Although for me i felt the ref had a poor game. He couldve sent torpoints keeper off with two yellows both similar incidents and also saltash's number 8....gav i think he was called....he was a lucky man to stay on the pitch too....it did seem as though he could do anything tonight and get away with it. All in all well worth 4 quid and only missed the 50-50 by 2 numbers!!

Hayle 2 St Blazey 0

Comfortable win for Hayle against a very poor blazey team. Hayle defended well ,can,t remember davy having to make a save, Blazey slow at the back and Hayle looked like scoring from every ball over the top.Workmanlike performance with no moaning....well done deserved result.

How blazey beat pz sorry falmouth 5-1???,must have been bad day at the office for them today :mellow:

<p>

<br />

Hayle 2   St Blazey<br />

Comfortable win for Hayle  against a very poor blazey team. Hayle defended well ,can,t remember davy having to make a save,  Blazey slow at the back and Hayle looked like scoring from every ball over the top.Workmanlike performance with no moaning....well done deserved result.<br />

How blazey beat pz sorry falmouth 5-1???,must have been bad day at the office for them today<br />

<br />

It was a dreadful performance from St Blazey today. Much more like last season than this one. I can't remember troubling the Hayle keeper once. We looked totally lost on the pitch. Well deserved victory for Hayle, but make no mistake, this was not the St Blazey we've come to expect over the last few weeks.

Wadebridge 2-0 St Dennis

Everyone back and still didn't make a difference, against what I would say Is a cracking wadebridge side, they will be very difficult to beat this year, movement on and off the ball is 2nd to none, nick Dowling running the show as always and for his age cooky looking solid at the back.

We , (st dennis) seem to be going through a bit of a rough patch lately, no imagination, we need to very our style of play up, no team spirit, we look very lefargic before and during our games, things need to drastically change else its going to be a very long season for us, when we no were so much better then our performances.

But any how, good luck to wadebridge, very good side and think the could be the dark horses for a top 3 finish this year.

After the performance on wed and away to Bodmin today was a complete shambles. No quality what so ever. Got to improve for Wednesday night. Never got to grips with the tight pitch and strong wind. Worst football ive seen in a long time.

Chips were good though.

" tight pitch " ?

I've seen it referred to as the best surface in the county. And it must be regulation size to be in the Peninsula League.

Sounds like an excuse rather than a reason.

Tight pitch have to say that is a new one to me, 110 yards x 74 yards ,which exceeds the latest FA guidelines slightly. I will accept that the grass was a little long about 30mm, but this is in consultation with the SWPL team and management. The wind sorry can't do anything about that except perhaps eat less vegetables. Just to correct Anthony it is 3 years on the bounce for the best pitch in division 1 west.

To be fair to Paul he mentioned to me how he thought the playing surface looked decent in the first half.

We both thought that the pitch was a little on the narrow side, goes to show you can't really tell measuring by the eye on the sidelines.

Truth is, we were poor and didn't play to the conditions. We played far too many long balls to the left wing that were carried out of play by the wind in the first half. Playing a high defensive line in the second half against the wind wasn't clever and Hayle took advantage by playing balls through the middle for their speedy(er) forwards. We were well beaten. Never mind, Penzance on Wednesday, hopefully we'll bounce back in style.

Looks like I upset the locals!! :ninja:

I never said it wasnt regulation size. There is a minimum requirement. It looks smaller then some. Wether it is or not dosnt really matter. The point is we were s##t and got what we desearved. We didnt play to the conditions one bit. The football was awful to watch and I was glad to get home. Id be amazed if we played as bad as that on wednesday night. We will no soon enough.

Hansome Dan.........We spent a nice little sum in the clubhouse. :thumbsup: Very friendly bunch there on saturday. A credit to your club. :smiley20:

See you on wednesday night. :drink:

Tight pitch have to say that is a new one to me, 110 yards x 74 yards ,which exceeds the latest FA guidelines slightly. I will accept that the grass was a little long about 30mm, but this is in consultation with the SWPL team and management. The wind sorry can't do anything about that except perhaps eat less vegetables. Just to correct Anthony it is 3 years on the bounce for the best pitch in division 1 west.

Never take any notice of comments on your pitch, its mickey mouse football anyway. I've seen it a few times and its good enough for this standard of football.