Cornwall Football Forum

New Porthleven Manager??

Wow! Did not see that coming. Obviously Sy has played at Port before so can see that link, but that appointment has come from nowhere. I don't know Dennis personally, I know he is quite vocal on the sideline which I witnessed when we played Penryn this year. But certainly a well known past player who I remember being immense as Blazey keeper all those years ago. Steve Allen playing as well? What about Winno? Dennis' son played in goal for Penryn combo and looks decent too so maybe that move could happen?

Anyway, hope it helps turn my home club around, and at the leats gives it some stability.

Feel a bit for Phil Kellow at Penryn Res but I am sure he wished Dennis all th best. But he has also lost a top centre half in Steve.

Good luck all,

Deano

Sy and Dennis appointment can help porthleven push on back up the table, new players and managers always give a club a massive boost and both sides at port need it, good luck to both of them and all the boys they bring with them

Dont really see why the need to feel sorry for Phil, he left fal athletic without a manager just as the season starts, he will be ok at penryn with or without them

Daryl who I don,t know, is probably a very loyal member of port FC,and has held the ship together recently. However he may be needed again before long as some people don,t stay too long at one club and then move on to another and another and another think St Darren got the same thoughts.

As for watching results it takes time to build a side,each season you try to add a player or two to your squad untill you have a team that can compete for the league title.Behind that team you need a patient manager who is going to stick around when things are not always rosie.Take a look at a few teams that are always there or there abouts in their respective leagues St Agnes,Perranwell,St Just they got something in common Long Term managment.can those named above hang in there and bring Port back to their former glory. hopefully yes but track records say no we will all have to wait and see

Kevin u need a life mate u really do!!

I'm not even the manager if you look Dennis Annear is I'm helping him has much as I physically can so y ur downer on myself it's very very boring indeed!!! Dennis is keen as mustard and knowing him like I do he's gonna be a massive success in management so get off the case please and let us get on with it

Cheers

Winno

Yep dead right about the chips mate.

But I post what people want to hear just what my personal opinions are and the track record of those involved.

Newquay,Helston St Day Penryn now port they nust realize that it is a short term solution

Big statement !!! " I post what people want to hear " Voice of the people - really! could have fooled me. Them there chips been on there a long time.

Kevin u need a life mate u really do!!

I'm not even the manager if you look Dennis Annear is I'm helping him has much as I physically can so y ur downer on myself it's very very boring indeed!!! Dennis is keen as mustard and knowing him like I do he's gonna be a massive success in management so get off the case please and let us get on with it

Cheers

Winno

maybe he is jealous of you winno!