Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Falmouth Town Wed. kick off 7.30pm

St Blazey 5v1 Falmouth.

On a perfect evening for football on what is now a quality surface again at Blaize Park, St Blazey smashed Falmouth for 5 and it could have been many more. Revenge you could say for last seasons 1v8 hammering. After Bloomfield opened with a great low shot from a tight angle, St Blazey never looked back. Coombes added a second and could have had another when a free header went wide. Simms then forced Chapman in goal to make two fine saves. Falmouth pulled a goal back with a scrappy own goal just before half time.

The second half started perfectly for St Blazey with Coombes controlling well, turning the defender and scoring from a tight angle to make it 3v1. Falmouth then had their best spell and could have pulled a goal back with some good play leaving St Blazey to defend deep. But they weathered the storm and Simms broke away and smashed home a great slow effort to make it 4v1 before Bloomfield added a 5th late on with another well placed low drive.

St Blazey now head to Hayle for saturdays league cup match.

Decent crowd tonight. Must have been around 150. The word must be spreading fast that the football is worth watching!! :D

Decent following for Falmouth to. They are not a poor side by some of the football they played. This was a very good win.

Good to see Mike from Falmouth tonight.

And also good to meet Midlandsman. Down on holiday and taking Blaize Park in for the first time. Hope you enjoyed your evening. :thumbsup:

Paul. I don't WANT anything. Just interested to see how a side that had to spend a lot of money at the back end of last season in a (unnecessary) panic to stay up has managed to turn things around so convincingly. After the slagging the committee got last season, I wonder who the credit will be given to this year if the form continues? Always ready to praise sides that turn things around, just not sure how this has come about so spectacularly (so far).

Some good points there Baldy.

If im honest, alot of people have pulled together. Its not down to just one person. I think the whole club have had to pull together to achieve this.

But fair play, at the moment, things are looking good. And when things are good, people are happy and players want to wear the green shirt.

A lovely welcome shown to me and my family at St Blazey last night, thankyou to all.

.St Blazey played some really good football and fully deserved their win, but credit to Falmouth who never gave up but was always second best on the night.

For my Charity Blog Report & Photos please click on the link

http://aroundthegrounds2012-13.blogspot.co.uk/

Off to Wendron on Saturday and Wadebridge next Wednesday..Remember you can follow me on twitter as the goals go in on

https://twitter.com/robhornby

Falmouth had no answer to the rejuvinated Blazey whose pace especially down the flanks was their undoing.

Early in the game the departure of influencial skipper Mark Vercesi and then the non second half appearance from Glen Squires made it an uphill task.

i didn't think Falmouth were overwhelmed but their possession came to nothing in front of goal and St. Blazey were devastating with their speed and fininishing.

This was Falmouth's biggest defeat since last November when going down 1-5 at Bodmin and such a turnaround from Town's last season visit to Blaise Park (1-8)

Can some one confirm the Falmouth scorer (Rob Wearne -I dont like own goals?) so as to have upto date record for Saturday's match programme.

How friendly everyone was at Blaise Park last evening- a far cry from the battles of yesterday

Thanks to mr Saunders ? on the gate for giving me a prime touchline parking space and the half time hospitality and refreshments from Amos Putt.

Mike it was definitely Rob Wearne who scored for Town (not an own goal) as from the cross it deflected off a Blazey defender into his path and think he was a bit surprised as it bounced off his body and in the back of the net.No complaints about the result last night Blazey deserved their win and like you said Vercesi going off early didn't help.

Hello Mike. Glad you enjoyed your evening despite the result. Looked out for you as we walked down the far end but must have walked right past you.

I didnt notice Vercesi going off. A big blow for sure.

We meet again very soon on Tuesday 19th October. Always a good atmosphere watching football under lights at Bickland Park .

We now have quite a few away trips at Hayle on saturday, Pz on wednesday and Elburton sat week.