Cornwall Football Forum

Mark 'Rappo' Rapsey

Rappo get yourself to Helston footie club on a Sunday afternoon where the beers are flowing and we have some stories from Nige Thwaites, Sid Taylor and on occasions George Torrance has been known to make an appearance! It would be good to hear your stories as well

blimey can we cope with more stories, its bad enough listening to sid and genuine!!

Yeh fair shout Dobbie!! It's not the lunch breaks, it's the midnight mars bars and 3am Spaghettis and lasagnes!!! Nightshifts for you! I've put on 6 stone in 16 years!! Any chance of our game being on Saturday mate? Follower, sounds like a cracking afternoon that! Had some great times with those gentlemen!!! Got to say all three fantastic players, it was a pleasure to play in the same team. Nice to hear from you Ian!!! Likewise mate, always delighted when I saw your name in the programme as ref! You knew that the game would flow and you would give as good as you got and have a laugh with the players at the same time! Always respected officials that were approachable, and you are up there with the best no doubt about it Ian. Burts, bet your legs work better than mine bud! Always laugh when I watch the champions league game stats how far the player has run in a game!! Messi 8.2 miles, Rappo 18 yards!!! :-)

Yeh fair shout Dobbie!! It's not the lunch breaks, it's the midnight mars bars and 3am Spaghettis and lasagnes!!! Nightshifts for you! I've put on 6 stone in 16 years!! Any chance of our game being on Saturday mate? Follower, sounds like a cracking afternoon that! Had some great times with those gentlemen!!! Got to say all three fantastic players, it was a pleasure to play in the same team. Nice to hear from you Ian!!! Likewise mate, always delighted when I saw your name in the programme as ref! You knew that the game would flow and you would give as good as you got and have a laugh with the players at the same time! Always respected officials that were approachable, and you are up there with the best no doubt about it Ian. Burts, bet your legs work better than mine bud! Always laugh when I watch the champions league game stats how far the player has run in a game!! Messi 8.2 miles, Rappo 18 yards!!! :-)

yeah should be on Rappo, have not looked at the pitch yet mate but been dry here since monday, will be looking at it on the way home from work tomorrow morning about 7.30am....night shifts too, know the feeling!!

Remember his first spell at Frogpool , and you could see he was a great finisher . He was also a good quick free kick taker. A nice guy who never got in a mood un like some in our team then . Don't know about the always looked to play others in comment , he would nick a goal off you from two yards lol. That's what a true goal scorer does .

Guest BenTheYeti

Remember his first spell at Frogpool , and you could see he was a great finisher . He was also a good quick free kick taker. A nice guy who never got in a mood un like some in our team then . Don't know about the always looked to play others in comment , he would nick a goal off you from two yards lol. That's what a true goal scorer does .

If memory serves me correct, I was in goal away to Frogpool last season (January perhaps..) and a great cross came in and was met with a firm thigh into the top corner.. by our central defender.. Rappo was upset with him cos he was half a yard away from getting his thigh on it!

Yep remember that Ben!! I was having a mare and your lino chalked one off me in the first half and im pretty sure you tipped my header over :thumbsup: and i thought that i was on for a tap in mate! Up popped your defender and nicked me goal!!! Not best pleased bud!! :D

Ps) Good times Droid!! Really enjoyed my first spell with the frogs mate, promotion and the final. We had a good little team that season. Lovely club, Nick and Michelle legends!!

Guest BenTheYeti

Yep remember that Ben!! I was having a mare and your lino chalked one off me in the first half and im pretty sure you tipped my header over :thumbsup: and i thought that i was on for a tap in mate! Up popped your defender and nicked me goal!!! Not best pleased bud!! :D

Ps) Good times Droid!! Really enjoyed my first spell with the frogs mate, promotion and the final. We had a good little team that season. Lovely club, Nick and Michelle legends!!

I remember it well because the team talk before the game was "well lads, we're a bit short today, but they've got some fat old lad up front who don't look up to much"... after about 17 minutes when you'd shrugged about 9 defenders out the way and smashed a half volley about 0.6 inches over the bar from about 20 yards.. kinda realised that you might be a bit of a different "old fat lad"!!

I think I dived at your feet too and saved one in a goalmouth scramble.. twas like watching the titanic coming down over me :D