Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - Sat Sept 15th 2012

RE: Cancellation of GULVAL RESERVES v TROON RESERVES..

Loving the conspiracy theorists above, keep up the good work!!

I've spent the last 2+ years avoiding this shit, but it's worthy of a Gulval opinion that is not clouded by any 'in house' posturing.

As of 12.45pm on Saturday afternoon, both of Gulval 1st team, and Gulval Reserve team, had 10 players each, and that was assuming all confirmed players showed up for the scheduled fixtures. So after the club secretary had conversed with the manager of Gulval 1st team, and was informed that there would be no way that the 1st team would be leaving with 10 players, and then after taking into account that it's not guaranteed that all players will show up, the decision was made to cancel/postpone the reserve fixture. This was so that, as league rules state, the priority 1st team fixture could go ahead as fixtured & scheduled.

It's all well and good saying "they had a team there & I don't understand why it was cancelled", but there was certainly no full team there when the 1st team had to leave to travel to their fixture at Gwinear. What was the club supposed to do, make the 1st team hang around until 2.15pm to see that a full team had shown up for the reserves?? Sounds extremely practical doesn't it??

Perhaps the questions you should be asking are 1- How long should a club leave it before coming to the conclusion that there are not going to be enough players to fulfill both scheduled fixtures? And 2- How did both teams have a maximum of 10 players each at 12.45pm, then the 1st team take the goalkeeper from the reserve team after the game was cancelled, yet the reserve team still somehow had a full team to choose from?

I would also like to point out that, until 9.30pm on Friday night, I too was playing for the Reserve team on Saturday afternoon, but due to players becoming unavailable for the 1st team, I was asked if I'd play for the 1st team, and obviously said "yes".

YES the secretary could have phoned the manager of the reserve team to see if he wanted the game cancelled/postponed, but he (the club secretary) only had a 10 minute break at work, in which he had to find the time to talk thoroughly with the manager of the 1st team about what he had available, and who he'll need to take from the reserves, and then he had to also contact the league to notify them that AT THE TIME, the reserves were unable to field a full team.

The decision was NOT a hastily made one, and hindsight is a wonderful thing to possess, a thing that is unachievable at 12.45pm on a Saturday afternoon. So, with that said, please stop with the odd conspiracy theories about cancelling the game with a view to having a better chance of getting a result at a later date in the season, that's just total nonsense.

You only need to ask the many knowledgeable members on here about whether Gulval AFC are quick to cancel fixtures, especially on a whim, as some of you have suggested above. Our club has an excellent relationship, and reputation, with pretty much every club associated with junior football. It may have seemed "odd" to you guys, but rest assured that circumstances can't often be helped, as was the case on this occasion.

I hope this has gone some way to clearing up your doubts, and gone even closer to clearing up your thoughts? There is no reason whatsoever for you to think negatively of our little club, and we look forward to welcoming you down to our pitch later in the season when we can hopefully enjoy a good game of football with some great banter before, during, and after the game.

All the best for your season up until that point.

Coopsie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Coopsie, may I put this from a slightly different angle, in fact with two teams of 10 men you still had sufficient players to fulfil the fixtures, even if the fist team was made up to the 11 then at 9 for the second team this was still enough players for it to classed as a game of football, not ideal from your point of view but within the LOAF still playable.

Hi Coopsie, may I put this from a slightly different angle, in fact with two teams of 10 men you still had sufficient players to fulfil the fixtures, even if the fist team was made up to the 11 then at 9 for the second team this was still enough players for it to classed as a game of football, not ideal from your point of view but within the LOAF still playable.

And that is a rule of which I'm fully aware, as is the club. However, at the time that our club secretary made his decision, a decision based upon information that he was given, there most certainly were not 10 reserve team players at the club. Too often in the past we've been told by players that they are available for Saturday afternoon, only for 2.30pm to come around, and some of these players are nowhere to be seen. As I said, hindsight is a wonderful thing!!

At the point where the game was eventually cancelled, both managers of each Gulval team were frantically phoning around for players. This would be an odd thing to do if numbers were aplenty, wouldn't it?? As I asked earlier, how can both teams be short, then the 1st team take a player, and then get told after we'd finished our match that the reserves had a full team to choose from? Where is the sense in that?

All I was pointing out to those posters above, is that their thoughts as to why the game was cancelled, were very wide of the mark. As you said, with 9 available players, the game 'can' be played. However, that doesn't mean it 'should' or 'must' be played. Each club has it's own discretion to work from, Gulval AFC is no different. Our secretary acted in a manner that he felt was best for the club at the time. We are not a big club, we don't have finances to burn, so cancelling fixtures & racking up fines is most certainly not in our best interests.

Our club would understand, and has understood on many occasions before, that teams cancel fixtures due to not being able to field a full team. So I hardly think it's an absurd notion for me to expect others to understand it too? Football is a 'sport', so by sheer word association, it's mainly about being able to compete on a level playing field. This was not the case on Saturday, and, as I've just stated, has often not been the case when other teams have cancelled our matches in the past. In actual fact, our Reserve team has already had at least one team cancel their game against us this season for the very same reason as we had on Saturday. I'm not on here often, if at all anymore, but I'll be willing to bet that there was no inquest from Gulval AFC about the motives of the team that cancelled??

I also think you'll find that our club secretary was VERY CLEAR when he informed the necessary parties that the "reserve game was cancelled due to lack of playing personnel".

I think the players should take responsibility for the game being off! I as a player am available for any side at the club every week and can give the manager plenty of notice if im not available! It annoys me when teams struggle because ppl drop out on a friday night for no reason other than not being bothered! If you sign for a team you are making a commitment to a club and your team mates, if you cant be bothered then dont sign on because your letting your team mates down and damaging reputations of good clubs! I've played gulval on many occasions and although they can be a little rough theyre a good bunch of lads on and off the pitch!

I think the players should take responsibility for the game being off! I as a player am available for any side at the club every week and can give the manager plenty of notice if im not available! It annoys me when teams struggle because ppl drop out on a friday night for no reason other than not being bothered! If you sign for a team you are making a commitment to a club and your team mates, if you cant be bothered then dont sign on because your letting your team mates down and damaging reputations of good clubs! I've played gulval on many occasions and although they can be a little rough theyre a good bunch of lads on and off the pitch!

Couldn't agree more, well apart from the "they can be a little rough", that's just mean :SM_carton_y: :D

And that is a rule of which I'm fully aware, as is the club. However, at the time that our club secretary made his decision, a decision based upon information that he was given, there most certainly were not 10 reserve team players at the club. Too often in the past we've been told by players that they are available for Saturday afternoon, only for 2.30pm to come around, and some of these players are nowhere to be seen. As I said, hindsight is a wonderful thing!!

At the point where the game was eventually cancelled, both managers of each Gulval team were frantically phoning around for players. This would be an odd thing to do if numbers were aplenty, wouldn't it?? As I asked earlier, how can both teams be short, then the 1st team take a player, and then get told after we'd finished our match that the reserves had a full team to choose from? Where is the sense in that?

All I was pointing out to those posters above, is that their thoughts as to why the game was cancelled, were very wide of the mark. As you said, with 9 available players, the game 'can' be played. However, that doesn't mean it 'should' or 'must' be played. Each club has it's own discretion to work from, Gulval AFC is no different. Our secretary acted in a manner that he felt was best for the club at the time. We are not a big club, we don't have finances to burn, so cancelling fixtures & racking up fines is most certainly not in our best interests.

Our club would understand, and has understood on many occasions before, that teams cancel fixtures due to not being able to field a full team. So I hardly think it's an absurd notion for me to expect others to understand it too? Football is a 'sport', so by sheer word association, it's mainly about being able to compete on a level playing field. This was not the case on Saturday, and, as I've just stated, has often not been the case when other teams have cancelled our matches in the past. In actual fact, our Reserve team has already had at least one team cancel their game against us this season for the very same reason as we had on Saturday. I'm not on here often, if at all anymore, but I'll be willing to bet that there was no inquest from Gulval AFC about the motives of the team that cancelled??

I also think you'll find that our club secretary was VERY CLEAR when he informed the necessary parties that the "reserve game was cancelled due to lack of playing personnel".

If any team calls a game off at 12.45 you should not only loose the points but be fined as well !!! We all have mobiles so how come you did not know if players were going to turn up ?? Our 2nd team players were all pissed rite off on sat they had turned up to travel to your ground only to be given your poor excuse !!

Guest BenTheYeti

Agree with Coopsie and Kash 110%.. coming up to the Frogpool game for our reserves last week, we had 8 available players on the Thursday, with the first team taking a squad of (I think) 12.. this is despite us having 33 players signed on for the club at the time. Yet come Saturday afternoon, the first team had 12, and the reserves actually had 11 on the field, with 3 on the bench, and another 2 who could have played :wacko:

Small clubs with two teams in junior football (Ourselves, Gulval, Gwinear, Frogpool etc) play roulette on nearly a weekly basis to balance out the teams, not so that it favours one team or the other, but so that come 2.30pm on a Saturday afternoon, all 4 teams involved in the two fixtures, enjoy a Saturday afternoon of competitive football.

On the odd occasion the numbers just won't add up, games get cancelled, which infuriates the other team 9 times out of 10.. but also think of those lads who were available, maybe themselves had cancelled other arrangements to play on that particular day, and got let down by team mates who couldn't be bothered

If any team calls a game off at 12.45 you should not only loose the points but be fined as well !!! We all have mobiles so how come you did not know if players were going to turn up ?? Our 2nd team players were all pissed rite off on sat they had turned up to travel to your ground only to be given your poor excuse !!

Look, you're clearly spoiling for an argument, and you're looking in the wrong place. I understand that your reserve team players were pissed off, as were the few Gulval reserve players that were there when the 1st team had to leave on Saturday afternoon. However, as one of those reserve team players, and as a reserve team player who has suffered MANY times in the past with having our game cancelled because the 1st team have had to take our players so they can play their game, as is priority, I'm able to understand that this is just how it is.

"poor excuse"?? Well sunshine, I'm afraid this speaks volumes about you as an individual when you call the truth a "poor excuse". I answered the queries of your players in a polite & honest manner, and respected what they had to say too. It's a crying shame that you weren't able to return the favour!.

As far as I'm aware, your team has been given the points? And I believe we will also incur a fine too. So your opening sentence holds literally no relevance in this case, I believe?

So, once more, I'll bid you all the best of wishes for the rest of your season, and we look forward to welcoming you to our pitch later this season. By the sounds of it you'll have plenty of frustration to get out of your collective systems!!

Agree with Coopsie and Kash 110%.. coming up to the Frogpool game for our reserves last week, we had 8 available players on the Thursday, with the first team taking a squad of (I think) 12.. this is despite us having 33 players signed on for the club at the time. Yet come Saturday afternoon, the first team had 12, and the reserves actually had 11 on the field, with 3 on the bench, and another 2 who could have played :wacko:

Small clubs with two teams in junior football (Ourselves, Gulval, Gwinear, Frogpool etc) play roulette on nearly a weekly basis to balance out the teams, not so that it favours one team or the other, but so that come 2.30pm on a Saturday afternoon, all 4 teams involved in the two fixtures, enjoy a Saturday afternoon of competitive football.

On the odd occasion the numbers just won't add up, games get cancelled, which infuriates the other team 9 times out of 10.. but also think of those lads who were available, maybe themselves had cancelled other arrangements to play on that particular day, and got let down by team mates who couldn't be bothered

Thanks Ben, nice to see a bit of understanding & common sense. It's appreciated fella :(

Look, you're clearly spoiling for an argument, and you're looking in the wrong place. I understand that your reserve team players were pissed off, as were the few Gulval reserve players that were there when the 1st team had to leave on Saturday afternoon. However, as one of those reserve team players, and as a reserve team player who has suffered MANY times in the past with having our game cancelled because the 1st team have had to take our players so they can play their game, as is priority, I'm able to understand that this is just how it is.

"poor excuse"?? Well sunshine, I'm afraid this speaks volumes about you as an individual when you call the truth a "poor excuse". I answered the queries of your players in a polite & honest manner, and respected what they had to say too. It's a crying shame that you weren't able to return the favour!.

As far as I'm aware, your team has been given the points? And I believe we will also incur a fine too. So your opening sentence holds literally no relevance in this case, I believe?

So, once more, I'll bid you all the best of wishes for the rest of your season, and we look forward to welcoming you to our pitch later this season. By the sounds of it you'll have plenty of frustration to get out of your collective systems!!

Look i dont even play for our 2nds so looking for argument is not what im on here for !! I cant believe you are trying to defend yourself and having a go at me !! We at Troon have 3 sides and i know our managers text like mad to get the players for a saturday !! Truth or not at 12.45 on a saturday to call a game off is not on people have given up there saturday afternoon to play footie and poss given up work !!

As for being given the points and you being fined i did not know this so you wont be seeing the Troon army at your place

Good posting Ben and you "hit the nail on the head"

Mooner, your comment on everyone having mobiles is poor, if ppl dont want to play they dont usually answer their phones! I finished work early one saturday last season and 15mins later the game was called off, this was after 12o'clock and I wasnt best pleased! You cant blame managers (who are unpaid volunteers) if players let them down, if you send a group text out and get few replies what do you do? If you ring and have no answer you just have to wait till saturday and hope for the best, unfortunately the players let the team and manager down! If you dont play for the team who were let down why shout about it unless you got benched because they came and played for the 3rds?

Look i dont even play for our 2nds so looking for argument is not what im on here for !! I cant believe you are trying to defend yourself and having a go at me !! We at Troon have 3 sides and i know our managers text like mad to get the players for a saturday !! Truth or not at 12.45 on a saturday to call a game off is not on people have given up there saturday afternoon to play footie and poss given up work !!

Why would I need to defend myself? I was simply a club player who responded to being asked to play for the 1st team, how does that equate to me having to defend myself? As for your fixation with 12.45pm on a Saturday, perhaps you'd do well to read the responses that weren't made by yourself.

Good posting Ben and you "hit the nail on the head"

Indeed he did. And hello Nigel, hope all is well with you Sir. This is just a brief visit that was served as nothing more than an opportunity to hopefully clear up a few possibly damaging opinions about the club that I've proudly represented for over 15 years now. Seems words have fallen upon deaf ears though, so what a waste of time that was lol.. Stay safe young man, and all the best to everyone at Chacewater AFC :thumbsup:

Mooner, your comment on everyone having mobiles is poor, if ppl dont want to play they dont usually answer their phones! I finished work early one saturday last season and 15mins later the game was called off, this was after 12o'clock and I wasnt best pleased! You cant blame managers (who are unpaid volunteers) if players let them down, if you send a group text out and get few replies what do you do? If you ring and have no answer you just have to wait till saturday and hope for the best, unfortunately the players let the team and manager down! If you dont play for the team who were let down why shout about it unless you got benched because they came and played for the 3rds?

Quality post Kash, well said.

I can understand your frustration and possibly anger at the situation Coopsie but as you have intimated the blame lies squarely at your players' door and maybe they should be the ones who pay any subsequent fines and if you lose the points then ultimately it will be them who suffers. Got to agree with Mr Manning that 10 for each team should have been the way to go and perhaps your secretary was ill-advised. No one likes to see this kind of situation but there was a solution but you chose another option - and before you start ranting at me, perhaps this is a learning curve however painful - like i have said previously - the rules are there and we must make the best of them and take our medicine as appropriate.

I can understand your frustration and possibly anger at the situation Coopsie but as you have intimated the blame lies squarely at your players' door and maybe they should be the ones who pay any subsequent fines and if you lose the points then ultimately it will be them who suffers. Got to agree with Mr Manning that 10 for each team should have been the way to go and perhaps your secretary was ill-advised. No one likes to see this kind of situation but there was a solution but you chose another option - and before you start ranting at me, perhaps this is a learning curve however painful - like i have said previously - the rules are there and we must make the best of them and take our medicine as appropriate.

I've got no anger at the situation Le Boss, none whatsoever. I've merely explained why our club secretary made the decision he did, and I've clearly intimated that it's players who are to blame, via my requests to explain how the reserve had 10 players at one point, then one was taken by the 1st team, but somehow there was a full team of reserves waiting to play a game that was cancelled an hour & 45 minutes before the game was scheduled to kick off.

I've also not questioned any punishment that has or may come after our cancellation on Saturday. I've been perfectly clear in everything I've said, I've not questioned a single aspect of anything to do with Saturday (other than magically appearing players for the reserve team), I've merely explained the reasoning behind everything, in hope of stopping the talk about cancelling the fixture in hope of having a better chance of a result later on in the season.

Hope that's finally cleared up my reasoning for appearing on the site once more?

Think it would have been a good game as not only were gulval short but Troon were coming down with only 11 players.......the lads just want to play and if means turning out with 10 or 9 players then so be it just to get a game and for fill the fixture. I know how hard it is and appreciate the nightmares of management especially on Saturday mornings. Think lads were not so much annoyed about game being cancelled but more about how late it was cancelled. Anyway it's all behind us now, and weather we have to replay or not we shall see you at ours and hope the season goes well for gulval.

Think it would have been a good game as not only were gulval short but Troon were coming down with only 11 players.......the lads just want to play and if means turning out with 10 or 9 players then so be it just to get a game and for fill the fixture. I know how hard it is and appreciate the nightmares of management especially on Saturday mornings. Think lads were not so much annoyed about game being cancelled but more about how late it was cancelled. Anyway it's all behind us now, and weather we have to replay or not we shall see you at ours and hope the season goes well for gulval.

Thankyou Glanners, that post was/is really appreciated. As I said earlier, I DO understand the players frustration, because I've been in the situation myself enough times. One thing that is a bit of a comfort for your guys, hopefully, is that you were at least saved the journey down before the game was cancelled. Been on the end of too many journeys where we've arrived & found out the game won't be going ahead. That sucks big time!!

Again, I appreciate that response Glanners :thumbsup:

Trying to answer a few of comments above about the gulval saga Saturday I was the 2nd team manager and as of 12.45 I had 9 players definatly turnin up 5 of which were there ready 4 others due at 2 and 1 who was on his way home from Portsmouth who was within an hour of turnin up, we were prepared to start and play wiv 7 or 11 we just wanted to play football on a perfect afternoon to do so, I was not in anyway shape or form aware of any problems and was as annoyed as anyone the game was cancelled, so much so I ended my 16 years of service wiv the club, I'm sorry to any troon players etc we wanted to play ya but it was out of my hands

Annoyed at the fact that most of the lads have families and work during the week....lucky that they have partners that are understanding and let them play every Saturday. To have a Saturday off is rare, so to have this cancelled at just after 1, or this being the time it finally got through to us, is very annoying. Too late in the day to plan or do much with the family, so a day wasted.

Think most people would feel the same?

D3 08/09/12 Wendron United 3rds H - W Pendeen Rovers Reserves Pendeen unable to raise a side.

just took this from the full time website...........but i didnt see Troon reserves result from sat 15th Sept.......should read more or less the same as this shouldnt it or am i missing something here....??! lol why havent the league already awarded the points to troon, harsh as it may seem its the rules......a bit of consistancy wouldnt go a miss this season....!!!!!

Trying to answer a few of comments above about the gulval saga Saturday I was the 2nd team manager and as of 12.45 I had 9 players definatly turnin up 5 of which were there ready 4 others due at 2 and 1 who was on his way home from Portsmouth who was within an hour of turnin up, we were prepared to start and play wiv 7 or 11 we just wanted to play football on a perfect afternoon to do so, I was not in anyway shape or form aware of any problems and was as annoyed as anyone the game was cancelled, so much so I ended my 16 years of service wiv the club, I'm sorry to any troon players etc we wanted to play ya but it was out of my hands

Well minty thats another long serving volunteer who bites the dust due to players attitudes. Local football - dieing on its feet.

No younster will ever do what the older generation have done to keep this level of football alive. R.I.P. local football.

D3 08/09/12 Wendron United 3rds H - W Pendeen Rovers Reserves Pendeen unable to raise a side.

just took this from the full time website...........but i didnt see Troon reserves result from sat 15th Sept.......should read more or less the same as this shouldnt it or am i missing something here....??! lol why havent the league already awarded the points to troon, harsh as it may seem its the rules......a bit of consistancy wouldnt go a miss this season....!!!!!

The league committee only meet once a month, so you'll just have to wait a little while.

I've always found gulval to be a very friendly well run club in all our dealings with them over the years. It is frustrating to a team if another can't fulfil a fixture but as quite a few people have stated previously sometimes managers text players and recieve no reply and then come Saturday are leaving it in the lap of the gods if 11 players will be available and turn up.....maybe we should all go back to the good old days and put the squad lists up in the clubhouse for players to check themselves who they are with...or not with and been dropped :). Could be an interesting rule change to get the trelawny league to ban all use of mobile phones!!!

I'm sure if any club had sufficient players they would fulfil the fixture it's clearly apparent gulval didn't have enough between the two sides so had to fulfil the fixture of their senior side. I'm sure Troon would have been even more upset if gulvals 1st team had turned up to play them!!! Speaking unfortunately from experience it is very embarrassing as a club secretary to have to phone another club to inform them you are unable to raise enough players to compete and 9 times out of 10 it's the very last minute because as a club you are trying to avoid the embarrassment and ringing round every known player and not so well known in your phone book and finally resorting to kidnapping people off the street in an attempt to cobble a team together until eventually after the pre match meeting time when it's clear you only have enough for a 5-a side kick about and your forced to make the dreaded call!

More clubs will have to do it this season maybe even my club which i really hope fingers crossed doesnt happen because it is without doubt the worst feeling in the world to let another side down but reading many posts on this forum a lot of clubs are struggling to have sufficient players which begs the question that maybe following the merger of Fhfl and mining when a player could be registered for two junior clubs but now following the merger only one does the trelawny league contain maybe too many clubs for the amount of players available to play week in week out?

Guest BenTheYeti

Pitty, as always, a fountain of footballing wisdom to which us mere Yeti's can only aspire.. However, maybe the problem is not so much too many teams, more that too many clubs overstretch themselves..

It happened to us a few years ago, going all out and having 3 sides.. 2 in Mining and 1 on a Sunday.. and the result was the loss of both the reserve team and the Sunday team as one couldn't sustain the other and so it became a vicious circle.

I am far from suggesting that this is the case here, and I think it is great that more clubs are trying to give more and more people the chance to play football locally, and on a side note, I think it's great that we travel slightly further afield these days to play teams we'd never met before (though not being a car driver, it's easy for me to say that!), but 6 divisions hosting 16 teams in each, is quite frankly, a lot. Unfortunately, there will be teams, probably at levels as high as division 3, that will face the prospect of dropping out of the league this season, and that surely is the problem the league really want to be addressing. It's all well and good having 8 new teams and a reshuffled league structure to give every team more games, but if teams keep dropping out at the numbers they have been doing, pretty soon there will be no new teams to replace them.

Perhaps at the next AGM, more time is given to preserving the status of long standing, small town teams, rather than looking to have 48 games played every Saturday

Jamie, i think you may just have to wait for the result to be ratified at the next appropriate League Management meeting.You missed one by a few days i believe.

Kash to your dumb response about me being benched we played our 3rd team with no 2nd team players starting and i played 90mins !! Poor comment on mobile phones ?? If players dont answer there phones then are they the sort of players that a club needs ??? You say on your post that you were pissed off when a team did this to you last season so surley you should be backing me and not coops ??

I know your a redruth man but come on kash use a little thought when you respond on here !!

I can't fault any of the players attitudes I had the pleasure of managing this instance was out of theirs and my hands I am lookin for another club to play for as are 3/4 who followed me out the door so I'm not gone from local football just yet

Before making any hasty decisions on leaving (obviously I am writing this without knowing what has gone on behind closed doors), is it not worth reconsidering and trying to actually meet with the rest of the committee of the club to find a way forward in the future where you can avoid a repeat of this situation. Its obviously upset you enough to want to leave, but surely Gulval (or any club for that matter) can't afford to lose a significant number of players from their squad this early in the season.

From an outsiders point of view it seems that a simple breakdown in communication between the 2 teams has led to this, which can easily happen when the club finds itself in the position it did on Saturday.

I'm casting no judgments here, merely I can empathise with the position Gulvals secretary was in. It certainly wouldn't have been in his interests to postpone a game leading to the teams manager and 3/4 of the players leaving the club as a result.

It looks like you club im trying to think or the saying oh yes couldnt organise a piss up in the brewery !!! Your 2nd team manager has quit because of no one telling you called the game off !!

Quality post as you put it by your 2nd team manager shame he has quit !!!

Trelawny Div 4 : Redruth Athletic 3 (1) - (1) 3 Carharrack Res

Redruth Goalscorers: Max Thompson 2, Chris Dower

Carharrack Goalscorers: Aaron Brokenshire 2, Jamie Onslow

This game was a big game in the league for both sides with mates and ex players playing for Redruth it was kinda a mini derby game. The game started and Carharrack took and early dominance passing the ball around with Redruth limited to clearing long on most occassions. The game finally got something to get it going when Brokenshire was inside the box and a clumsy barge in the box by former player Beesley gave the ref no choice but to point to the spot. Brokenshire stepped up to the spot himself and tucked the ball away past Ben James. Carharrack created chancesas normal but were unable to convert a few in the first half with James in the redruth goal keeping the score at 1-0 and at the other end, Redruth got thermselves level through centre back Chris Dower taking the ball far to many metres for Visiting manager Chown to be happy about with a 20 yard finish into the bottom corner.

The 2nd half was the far more entertaining of the game. Carharrack started brightly again but redruth had also come out a different side ready to pass the ball around and attempt to get themselved the 3 points. It was Carharrack who got the goal in the 2nd half with great link play upfront between Brokenshire and Hutchens, Brokenshire then shoot which was going on target but it was lobbed over his keeper by Dower to make the score 2-1. As rules state if its on target its his goal.

Then the crazy spell of the game came, Visiting Manager Chown had asked the ref how long to go. 12 minutes. A moment of failing to track your player occured and Beesley made upfor his earlier error and smashed a shot at goal which was well saved by Price but Thompson was on hand to slot the ball into the net. 2-2. Redruth now with there tails up pushed hard and created another chance when they worked a ball down the line and Thompson again broke clear of the defense and slotted the ball away 3-2 Redruth, surely its over now u felt. NOOOO was the shouts from carharrack as Chillman worked his way into the box and Onslow decided to take his legs from underhim to give Redruth a penalty, Thompson stepped up after shouts from the sideline to not let the captain take it , but for the young lad to get his hattrick. however Thompson could only see his penalty saved by Price. Thompson was only able to hit the side netting from the rebound. 4 MINUTES TO GO. Chown decided to make a change and brought himself on Upfront! (HES A KEEPER) His introduction somewhat pushed his side. Chown won a throwin and managed to work it down the line to create a corner. ....

The ball was floated in beautifully like a butterfly gliding into the box of players pushing for an equaliser. the ball came down after a header off the line. THEN.... Dawes goes in to the ball AND Bang 2 Redruth players slide into him . The lads stop after shouts from the floor from dawes. The ref standing over the players. Redruth thinking its there freekick? Carharrack a penalty? The ref explains his decision, Carharrack joy, Redruth anger . Onslow who earlier gave away the penalty then steps up. I actually coudlnt tell u where it went or how due to i wasnt looking. But it went IN. 3-3 FULL TIME.

Redruth Motm: Max Thompson

Carharrack Motm: Jason Price

Great game between 2 local sides. Draw was the fair result in the end.

Good luck to Redruth in there next games.

Carharrack will be hosting Helston 3rds in the cup this weekend.

It looks like you club im trying to think or the saying oh yes couldnt organise a piss up in the brewery !!! Your 2nd team manager has quit because of no one telling you called the game off !!

Quality post as you put it by your 2nd team manager shame he has quit !!!

My word you're a rude so & so aren't you? I'd have thought it was blatantly obvious that the statement of "quality post" was due to Kash's understanding of the situation, as has been the case with more than a few other members of the site. Continue with the insults & the putting down of Gulval AFC if it makes you feel better about yourself..

As a side note, I'll happily admit we'd struggle to organise a piss-up in a brewery, don't you realise how extremely difficult that would be?

First off we'd have to wait for the stainless steel & copper cladded vessels to be chemically cleaned.

After that we'd have to wait for the brewing room to be heated via the pressurised steaming process that they use to heat the rooms to the correct temperature.

Then we'd have to wait for the cooling jackets on the tanks to get said tanks to the correct temperature.

Then there's the myriad analysis on the beer for quality control.

After that there's the analysis of ingredients for correct variations in flavour.

Then at every step of that analysis, samples are pulled to be tested for oxygen content, unwanted microbial infections, and other beer aging compounds.

Then of course there's the actual brewing process which is divided into 9 steps, Malting, Milling, Mashing, Lautering, Boiling, Fermenting, Conditioning, Filtering and Filling..

I can only hold my hands up & apologise that my sham of a club wouldn't be able to organise a piss-up in such an easy environment :rolleyes:

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Minty - Well done for coming on & explaining the situation from a reserve team representatives point of view :c:

Trelawny Div 4 : Redruth Athletic 3 (1) - (1) 3 Carharrack Res

Redruth Goalscorers: Max Thompson 2, Chris Dower

Carharrack Goalscorers: Aaron Brokenshire 2, Jamie Onslow

This game was a big game in the league for both sides with mates and ex players playing for Redruth it was kinda a mini derby game. The game started and Carharrack took and early dominance passing the ball around with Redruth limited to clearing long on most occassions. The game finally got something to get it going when Brokenshire was inside the box and a clumsy barge in the box by former player Beesley gave the ref no choice but to point to the spot. Brokenshire stepped up to the spot himself and tucked the ball away past Ben James. Carharrack created chancesas normal but were unable to convert a few in the first half with James in the redruth goal keeping the score at 1-0 and at the other end, Redruth got thermselves level through centre back Chris Dower taking the ball far to many metres for Visiting manager Chown to be happy about with a 20 yard finish into the bottom corner.

The 2nd half was the far more entertaining of the game. Carharrack started brightly again but redruth had also come out a different side ready to pass the ball around and attempt to get themselved the 3 points. It was Carharrack who got the goal in the 2nd half with great link play upfront between Brokenshire and Hutchens, Brokenshire then shoot which was going on target but it was lobbed over his keeper by Dower to make the score 2-1. As rules state if its on target its his goal.

Then the crazy spell of the game came, Visiting Manager Chown had asked the ref how long to go. 12 minutes. A moment of failing to track your player occured and Beesley made upfor his earlier error and smashed a shot at goal which was well saved by Price but Thompson was on hand to slot the ball into the net. 2-2. Redruth now with there tails up pushed hard and created another chance when they worked a ball down the line and Thompson again broke clear of the defense and slotted the ball away 3-2 Redruth, surely its over now u felt. NOOOO was the shouts from carharrack as Chillman worked his way into the box and Onslow decided to take his legs from underhim to give Redruth a penalty, Thompson stepped up after shouts from the sideline to not let the captain take it , but for the young lad to get his hattrick. however Thompson could only see his penalty saved by Price. Thompson was only able to hit the side netting from the rebound. 4 MINUTES TO GO. Chown decided to make a change and brought himself on Upfront! (HES A KEEPER) His introduction somewhat pushed his side. Chown won a throwin and managed to work it down the line to create a corner. ....

The ball was floated in beautifully like a butterfly gliding into the box of players pushing for an equaliser. the ball came down after a header off the line. THEN.... Dawes goes in to the ball AND Bang 2 Redruth players slide into him . The lads stop after shouts from the floor from dawes. The ref standing over the players. Redruth thinking its there freekick? Carharrack a penalty? The ref explains his decision, Carharrack joy, Redruth anger . Onslow who earlier gave away the penalty then steps up. I actually coudlnt tell u where it went or how due to i wasnt looking. But it went IN. 3-3 FULL TIME.

Redruth Motm: Max Thompson

Carharrack Motm: Jason Price

Great game between 2 local sides. Draw was the fair result in the end.

Good luck to Redruth in there next games.

Carharrack will be hosting Helston 3rds in the cup this weekend.

Great report .. Sounds like a great game !

Kash to your dumb response about me being benched we played our 3rd team with no 2nd team players starting and i played 90mins !! Poor comment on mobile phones ?? If players dont answer there phones then are they the sort of players that a club needs ??? You say on your post that you were pissed off when a team did this to you last season so surley you should be backing me and not coops ??

I know your a redruth man but come on kash use a little thought when you respond on here !!

Club man mate :c:

I am a clubman too. Reliable. The last season I "played" for Gulval, turned up every week when I could, which was most weeks, even texted that I would be unavailable when my daughter was born on a Friday, and the 2 following weeks when she was kept in hospital. Let everyone know when I was and was not available. Spent most of the year running the line, many-a-time for 90 mins, and was the only player in the last game of the season down at Mousehole, the cup final, for both teams, that did not get on the pitch.

Regarding you being benched, if you know me you'd know that was abit of banter! I thawt the person who put the explaination as to why the game was off got alot of stick, didnt have to explain it and could have let everyone slag his club off! I feel sorry for the managers being let down by the players and to top it off someone then has to ring the other team and let them down as it was said earlier, its embarrasing to have to do it! I think there are alot of clubs playing with just enough in a squad to cover 2teams and if ppl dont bother showing up then called off games could be a comnon thing this season, shall we slag off every let down manager everytime a side cant be raised?

I am a clubman too. Reliable. The last season I "played" for Gulval, turned up every week when I could, which was most weeks, even texted that I would be unavailable when my daughter was born on a Friday, and the 2 following weeks when she was kept in hospital. Let everyone know when I was and was not available. Spent most of the year running the line, many-a-time for 90 mins, and was the only player in the last game of the season down at Mousehole, the cup final, for both teams, that did not get on the pitch.

LOL I hear you loud & clear Mangle mate, and You're only too aware that I too have had my moments of being harshly treated at Gulval aswell mate. I was just responding to Mr Adams (Postman Pat) after the wise cracking OLD bugger commented on me being a "speedy winger" lol.. He knows I was implying that I, like you did, will play anywhere I'm asked to play, and for whichever team wants me play. You know I love this little club though Mangle mate, and I've not been there for 15 years for some jumped up little so & so to come on here to criticise it and belittle it. You're aware that Gulval most certainly don't just cancel games for the sake of it, and it's an extreme last resort, afterall, you played with us for many a year and how many games do you remember us cancelling for anything other than a VERY waterlogged pitch?

That aside mate, hope you're well, and the family is keeping well too. Nice to see you were happy with your result at the weekend too mate. Are you getting game time?

LOL I hear you loud & clear Mangle mate, and You're only too aware that I too have had my moments of being harshly treated at Gulval aswell mate. I was just responding to Mr Adams (Postman Pat) after the wise cracking OLD bugger commented on me being a "speedy winger" lol.. He knows I was implying that I, like you did, will play anywhere I'm asked to play, and for whichever team wants me play. You know I love this little club though Mangle mate, and I've not been there for 15 years for some jumped up little so & so to come on here to criticise it and belittle it. You're aware that Gulval most certainly don't just cancel games for the sake of it, and it's an extreme last resort, afterall, you played with us for many a year and how many games do you remember us cancelling for anything other than a VERY waterlogged pitch?

That aside mate, hope you're well, and the family is keeping well too. Nice to see you were happy with your result at the weekend too mate. Are you getting game time?

Are you calling me a jumped up little so & so ?

The manager aint gonna please everyone!

Coopsie mate according to ccfa rules your club got it spot on.

ie Your first team must come first,and so they had to take from your reserves that is why they are called "reserves" reserves to the first team.

Secondly if your first team played with only ten men as sugested in previous posts you actually would have broke another rule ie "that a club must field it's strongest side" playing with ten men when another player was available would have contravened this too.

At approx 13.00 the first team had 10 a second teamer stood up and went first team and only the 1 went then they had 12 on the fa web site whilst the 2nds had 9 players wiv one on route but unsure of arrival time but would be there at some point, like I have said before I had no idea of it being called off nor was I worried for the team to take on troon wiv 9 players that privilege was ripped away from us,