Trevenson United Reserves 0 - 7 Gwinear Churchtown Reserves

Troon 3rds 0 - 2 Stithians Reserves

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trelawney 1

Rosudgeon 6-1 Perrnanporth Res (HT 1-1)

After a poor performance down at Sennen last week. Rosudgeon bounced back with a good win this week.

Rosudgeon started well and took the lead through a header off a set piece. Should have had more first half with 3 one on ones being missed through good goalkeeping and poor finishing.

Perranporth came bk into the game and probably got a deserved equaliser after a decent 20 minute spell before half time.

The next goal was crucial and we got it on the break from another header, Bryan Palmer with the goal, Perrans heads began to drop and some good football from Rosudgeon meant we were able to finish the game off.

After a text from Jamie Cree and being told my post is a disgrace after not mentioning his hat trick, ive since edited........ So here u go Cree..........

A special mention to central midfielder Jamie Cree scoring his first hat trick with a combined total of about 4 yards for all 3 goals.

MOM display from him today well played bud

Trelawny Div 1:

Stithians 3-2 St Just

Stithians scorers b.cox, s.Harris, og

1st half dominated by Stithians, St Just got back into the game in the second half, but I don't think I'm wrong in stating that if Stithians had taken their chances they would have scored a hatful. Good game played in the right spirit. All the best to St Just

Div 5:

Troon 0-2 Stithians

Stithians scorers p.blight and a.blizzard

Good day all round for Stithians!

Threemilestone 1 Titans 5

Sloppy performance from titans first half missed 3 one on ones and a hatful of chances and then conceded a sloppy free kick which resulted in a goal. Second half we were better composed and scored some cracking goals. Better mention a young ref who handled himself very well. And I see the post above reference the ref. Oh dear ?

Trelawney 2 - penryn ath (3rds?) 5 - RNAS Culdrose reserves 1.

Penryn were 4-0 up by half time and out bullied Culdrose to every ball. This isn't a moan, penryn do what they do and do it very well! After Culdrose got themselves up to speed with the game (after about 40 mins!) and started making challenges back, they manages to stop penryn from playing there 40 yard pass and got into the game. After 1/2 time Culdrose made themselves a few opportunities, on that was gladly taken by 'Greg bats' after a good save by last seasons athletic ( in both senses of the word!) keeper! Culdrose had a few more chances but these were kept to only pinpoint free kicks from the centre half that weren't converted by multiple Feds from

Culdrose. Penryn second half goal dribbled pay our keeper who watched it nestle in the corner!

Not a good day at the office for Culdrose but once again we managed to field 11 players! Who said the Olympics were good for this country!!

Well reffed by Mr Bennetts, let the game flow and never dishes out any cards for challenges that were tasty but fair, the way we all enjoy it!

Also thanks to the penryn manager for running the line for us second half, very fair and sporting!

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

Falmouth Athletic Reserves 8 - 3 Halsetown Reserves..

It'll be hard to make this jovial but I'll give it a shot..

There has been a buzz round St Ives this week.. not cos the weather has been good, or that the pitch at the Rugby Club has finally been cut.. no, there has been excitement in the air from the reserve team lads due to the fact we all got to travel out of TR26 territory today all the way to the South Coast.. of Cornwall.

Unfortunately, the excitement was clearly too much for some, who forgot to renew their passports in time for the journey, so we turned up with a meagre 12 players to host last season's Division 3 winners.

As mentioned above by Richard, the pitch conditions at Dracaena Park were a bit long, so much so that at times we looked as though we were playing with 9 men as Steve's Hall and Stone kept vanishing between blades of grass.

And in truth, we started the game as though we had 9 men. The pre-match mantra of keeping it tight at the back against a team known for their scoring abilities lasted all of 86 seconds. 1-0 soon became 2-0 and a long afternoon ahead looked very much on the cards. Even with Halsetown getting the ball on the floor for a few minutes and scoring through Scouse again, and Jeff "I'm quicker than I think I am (actual quote)" Robinson having a goal correctly ruled out for offside, the blue tide kept marching forward and goals 3 and 4 duly arrived.

HT 4-1

An extended half time break, with the Ref seemingly nipping down the road to McDonald's, seemed to aid the Halsetown XI, and having shuffled the playing positions around more than a blackjack dealer shuffles cards in Vegas, started the half with some impetus.. which this time lasted a whole 8.6 minutes before Falmouth got bored of having to defend a bit and promptly added number 5. Not to be deterred, Halsetown tried their hardest to register something from the afternoon, and despite a missed penalty from Scouse, they duly got a second goal some of their attacking play deserved, Jeff with a pin point corner onto Joseph Binney's bonce, with his hippy-esque hair providing a perfect cushion to get the ball in under the bar. The goal seemed to spur the tiring legs (at a combined age that would make Moses look like a teenager) forward, and a few moments of penalty box pinball ensued (I believe the Falmouth keeper may have also made a great save, but I was somewhat busy discussing Quantum Physics and such like with our lino.. honest).

Unfortunately, Falmouth with a few rockets being fired up them from their captain and the sidelines, decided enough was enough and ploughed forward and really could have made it double figures but for a few near misses and the little toe of that lanky sod in goal. A consolation penalty (one of the worst decisions I've seen given I may add) for Halsetown seemed to give us a slight high note to end the game, only to concede our customary own goal with a minute remaining.

All in all, we turned up short on numbers, and probably short in confidence, and credit to Falmouth for playing a solid and fluid game, especially Ben Kellow who bagged a hat trick and could have had more in the one game than I'll score in my playing career.

Thought the ref (and to be fair, by his own admission some of the time) missed some rather obvious decisions, but that £2.76 I gave him at half time to try and abandon the match due to heat exhaustion obviously paid the way for our two penalties!

Hopefully back to full strength from next week now that the tourists have finally started to disappear back to Mordor or wherever they come from..

Trelawny 5

Mabe 2-3 Newquay 4ths

My Newquay side were played off the park in the 1st half, we weren't in the game at all, Mabe passed the ball supremely, great movement, just couldnt force a break through. 0-0 at half time, I gave my lads a rocket in the half time interval and they responded well with a goal from Tom Barnett, cooly slotting home after agreat defensive header from the gaffer! Barnett added his 2nd soon after. Dean Vince added the 3rd Newquay goal with a well taken finish. Mabe never gave up and finally got their break through after the Newquay defence didn't deal with a bouncing ball, and their pressure was rewarded again with a 2nd goal, but Newquay held firm for a well fought victory.

Trelawny 5

Mabe 2-3 Newquay 4ths

My Newquay side were played off the park in the 1st half, we weren't in the game at all, Mabe passed the ball supremely, great movement, just couldnt force a break through. 0-0 at half time, I gave my lads a rocket in the half time interval and they responded well with a goal from Tom Barnett, cooly slotting home after agreat defensive header from the gaffer! Barnett added his 2nd soon after. Dean Vince added the 3rd Newquay goal with a well taken finish. Mabe never gave up and finally got their break through after the Newquay defence didn't deal with a bouncing ball, and their pressure was rewarded again with a 2nd goal, but Newquay held firm for a well fought victory.

The proverbial game of two halves Meats.Mabe were first to most ball in the first half but half time arrived scoreless.Two quick goals in the first seven minutes put Newquay in the ascendancy but back came Mabe with a cracking shot.Newquay extend their lead before Mabe notch a second in the closing stages.

Pleasure to referee these two footballing teams,all decisions were accepted and the game moved on.All the best for the season guys.

Trelawny 2, Storm 1 (Mike Price) St Ives Town Reserves 4

One day soon we will realise that conceding the early goal is doing us no favours whatsoever. Went 1-0 within about 2mins, and from then were on the back foot and chasing the game. St Ives over-ran our defence for much of the 1st half and in all honestly we were lucky to go in to the break at only 2-0 down. Completely different story in the 2nd half as we dominated the majority of the play and Mike Price struck a well deserved goal early on to make it 2-1. A cracking turn and shot from the St Ives striker made it 3-1 and we pushed in search of gaols. We were (maybe biased, but I don't think so) largely unlucky in front of goal with several chances spurned, just put wide and a couple of top draw saves from the Saint's keeper. The game was sealed as the ball was played from the back and amid convincing claims for a handball, the covering fullback going down with cramp and an (optimistic) claim for offside the ball was squeezed to the free man at the far stick who calmly finished.

Still very much a "work in progress" but the IS definite progress,

MoM - Mike Price

Trelawny 5 Storm Res 1 (Le Grange) St Erme 5

Gulval res v Troon 2nd's postponed at 1 o'clock, we were on the way down there.........gulval unable to raise a side. What happens there?

Don't worry your not the only one confused, Gulval were able to raise a side!!! but we have no idea why it was called off?! we want to know why it was! all the players were ready to play.

Redruth utd 2 - 1 st Agnes 3rds

Good contested game with st Agnes taking the lead after a great strike from 25 yards keeper no chance.

Redruth dominated possession and tried very well to play football from the back got caught a few times but carried on trying to p,ah the right type of football. Half time 1-0 st Agnes.

Second half same as first Redruth had most possession with a few good stacks from aggie the equaliser came from good pressure from Kevin Mitchell who slotted a defensive mistake into the net, the second came quickly after from a cross from Kevin I rose at the back post and headed it against the post for Martin to head home the rebound. Game became quite open then with attacks from both sides and smal chances for both teams. Good game played in good spirits I wish aggie all the best well done to all.

Trelawny 5 Storm reserves 1 st erme 5

Thawt the scoreline was alittle harsh on a spirited young and positive storm team who played some good stuff at times! I was the much harder worked of the 2keepers but thawt 1st half we did match st erme, was a good game refereed superbly by a young ref (didnt catch his name) played in good spirits and dont think there was a bad tackle!

Best of luck to st erme and nice to see a few familiar faces

Division 4

St Ives Mariners 1-1 Madron 2nds

A good competitive game with not a bad challenge to be seen but the Mariners keeper got sent off???

Mariners took the lead with 10 minutes or so left to play with a deflected cross but we got ourselves back into it with a penalty not long after.

Good luck to Mariners for the season,a great bunch of lads.

Redruth utd 2 - 1 st Agnes 3rds

Good contested game with st Agnes taking the lead after a great strike from 25 yards keeper no chance.

Redruth dominated possession and tried very well to play football from the back got caught a few times but carried on trying to p,ah the right type of football. Half time 1-0 st Agnes.

Second half same as first Redruth had most possession with a few good stacks from aggie the equaliser came from good pressure from Kevin Mitchell who slotted a defensive mistake into the net, the second came quickly after from a cross from Kevin I rose at the back post and headed it against the post for Martin to head home the rebound. Game became quite open then with attacks from both sides and smal chances for both teams. Good game played in good spirits I wish aggie all the best well done to all.

Some1 from gulval club must have cancelled it??? Or is this a way of not conceding 3 points and getting re-match!!!!?????

Gulval res v Troon 2nd's postponed at 1 o'clock, we were on the way down there.........gulval unable to raise a side. What happens there?

Don't worry your not the only one confused, Gulval were able to raise a side!!! but we have no idea why it was called off?! we want to know why it was! all the players were ready to play.

Some1 from gulval must have cancelled? Or is this a wy of not conceding 3 points and trying to get re-match!!?? Strange if u ask me.

Trelawny 5

Mabe 2-3 Newquay 4ths

The proverbial game of two halves Meats.Mabe were first to most ball in the first half but half time arrived scoreless.Two quick goals in the first seven minutes put Newquay in the ascendancy but back came Mabe with a cracking shot.Newquay extend their lead before Mabe notch a second in the closing stages.

Pleasure to referee these two footballing teams,all decisions were accepted and the game moved on.All the best for the season guys.

sorry i didnt add in my report, but the game was well refereed and made the right decisions and let the game flow as and when he could, more refs like this needed!

Trelawney 2.

Frogpool 2-1 Madron.

Madron scorer: Andy Haughton

A much better display from us today and a decent frogpool team on a very nice pitch.

I feel we should have won but if u cant put your chances away then you wont score.

Frogpools keeper made a couple of good saves and also there defenders put some great last ditch tackles in.

H/t 1-1

Frogpool started the 2nd half well and made me (keeper) make a couple of good saves. Once frogpool scored the winner we tried to get a goal back but run out of ideas.

F/t 2-1.

Well done to frogpool!!!

Trelawney 4.

St Ives Mariners 1-1 Madron Res

Madron scorer: Fran Moran (pen)

Some1 from gulval must have cancelled? Or is this a wy of not conceding 3 points and trying to get re-match!!?? Strange if u ask me.

What if we did want a re-match then you can try and earn he 3 points instead of just having them. I don't care i'm just saying im not happy with who ever called it off because there was no need weather was perfect and both teams had a side

DIV 5

Clipper Bar 1 - 12 Marazion Res

Pre match team talk was to keep the ball, quick passing and clinical in front of goal. We started off as planned and scored early on and dominated possession. We had several chances but seemed to try and do too much when a simple would do. Came in half time 8-1 up with Clipper scoring probably the best goal of the half. From our corner, their centre back cleared with a big header, their best player then ran the length of the touch line, beat a couple of challenges and squared to an unmarked forward to slot it home. Second half was much the same as the first with us having lots of possession but not being as clinical as we have been in the past. We scored 4 more in the second half but should have been double that. To be fair to Clipper they are a good bunch who battled for every ball and didn't stop running til the final whistle. The only negative was one of their players walking off in the first half saying that his side were crap.....to be fair mate you were the worst player they had and they played better when u went off. Enjoyable game which was well reffed and played in the right spirit of the game.

Marazion team

Eric Sleeman

Jamie Mooney

Ali Birch

Adam Martin

Scott James

Mark Hampton

Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus

Marty Thomas 1

Danny Ford 5

Liam Mooney 6

Mom : Liam Mooney

DIV 5

STORM (1) 1 33,

ST.ERME (3) 5 Rapsey 1, 39, 66, Hill 24, Jolly 75,

First of all a quick word for the ref young Jordan Myatt, absolute superb!! Best young ref i've seen for a few seasons, full of common sense, easy to talk to, pleasant manner with the players and made quick decisions. Predict a good future in the game for him. :thumbsup: Storm were definately better than the scoreline suggests, pretty even first half on possession, lot of six footers in their team, enjoyed my battle with big Stu at centre half, top bloke, hard and fair and we managed to have a good laugh in between the tackles and headers! Nice to get off to a good start and score after 25 seconds as well!!! Great finish for young Dean Hill and a well deserved goal for Elliott after having two headers disallowed in the first half. Well worked goal for Storm as well to bring it back to 2-1 and well deserved at the time. Thought we got on top second half and Kash made some great saves to restrict us to only two more goals. Nice game to play in and the best i've seen Clijah Croft look for awhile. :c:

Denis Fallowfield

Steve Brown (Dave Hill 25,)

Steve Mitchell (Ian McDonnell 45,)

Chris Spencer

Ben Parr

Jon James

Paul Bellamy

Carl Jolly©

Elliott Jolly

Mark Rapsey

Dean Hill

MOM: Chris Spencer

REF: Jordan Myatt 10/10*

Div 5

Camborne Park 6 Helston 3rds 2

Peter Norfolk 3

Marcus Grasso 2

Keith Green 1

Would also like to wish the Helston keeper all the best after a nasty collision in the first half, hope for speedy recovery.

Will see you again in two weeks time

Div 5

Peter Norfolk 3

Marcus Grasso 2

Keith Green 1

Would also like to wish the Helston keeper all the best after a nasty collision in the first half, hope for speedy recovery.

Thanks mate, he is a bit bashed up but heard he is out on the beer tonight so must be ok!!

Div 5

Peter Norfolk 3

Marcus Grasso 2

Keith Green 1

Div 5

Peter Norfolk 3

Marcus Grasso 2

Keith Green 1

Thanks mate, he is a bit bashed up but heard he is out on the beer tonight so must be ok!!

In fairness I think alcohol always helps at time but might be different story when he wakes up this morning

They say that miracles dont happen but Jamie Cree scoring a hat-trick yesterday at Rosudgeon must be up there with parting the sea and water being turned into wine :D Good stuff mate :thumbsup: As for us we had a well contested enjoyable game down at Frogpool which ended with us on the end of a 2-1 defeat.A game that could of gone either way with both teams creating chances and both keepers playing well,Well reffed and some good football played and a good set of lads down at frogpool.Best of luck for the rest of the season and look forward to seeing you at our place.

Div 5

Peter Norfolk 3

Marcus Grasso 2

Keith Green 1

Div 5

Peter Norfolk 3

Marcus Grasso 2

Keith Green 1

In fairness I think alcohol always helps at time but might be different story when he wakes up this morning

unless his hangover is worse than his injury!!

Trelawney 1

Rosudgeon 6-1 Perrnanporth Res (HT 1-1)

After a poor performance down at Sennen last week. Rosudgeon bounced back with a good win this week.

Rosudgeon started well and took the lead through a header off a set piece. Should have had more first half with 3 one on ones being missed through good goalkeeping and poor finishing.

Perranporth came bk into the game and probably got a deserved equaliser after a decent 20 minute spell before half time.

The next goal was crucial and we got it on the break from another header, Bryan Palmer with the goal, Perrans heads began to drop and some good football from Rosudgeon meant we were able to finish the game off.

After a text from Jamie Cree and being told my post is a disgrace after not mentioning his hat trick, ive since edited........ So here u go Cree..........

A special mention to central midfielder Jamie Cree scoring his first hat trick with a combined total of about 4 yards for all 3 goals.

MOM display from him today well played bud

well done guys you bested us.Apologies for not coming for a drink after we had a club social going on and no-one wanted to miss it....perran played some good football for 65 mins but when you got your second you took the wind out of our sails and after three heavy losses it easy to get your heads down......positives are we now have a quality goalie, we now have player avaliability after the tourist season and we hope to get our season on track from here on in.I personally helped your centre midfielder get his hattrick so next game at our place i expect a pint :drink:

One sided match at Mawnan yesterday.

Don't know the scorers but the goals went in at regular intervals during the 90mins. I was hoping Mawnan would start time wasting to keep the score down. The grass on the pitch is/was the best I've seen for a long time. I reckon they must walk over it picking out individual weeds. A really good set-up down there.

Goals were scored in the following minutes: 7, 15, 34, 38, 47, 51, 69, 71, 77, 80, 87.

Final score: Mawnan 11-0 Penzance Reserves

As you can tell by the score Penzance are urgently seeking players to bolster our squad so if anyone is interested contact John Mead on 07952312906

divison 5: camborne park 6 - helston 2

really good game played in good manner by both teams also both teams tried playing football was very enjoyable looking forward playing them again in 2 weeks at there place, also best wishes to there goalkeeper whon went off injured yesterday wishing you a speedy recovery!

Pendeen Rovers Res 3 v 1 Perranwell Res

Magnificent display from the lads yesterday, Perranwell started the game brighter and were playing some nice football with the team defending well. But once we got to grip with the Perranwell formation we actually started to get a foothold in the game & playing some nice football....and around 30mins Burty :) put us one up which we held on to up to half time.

In the second half Perranwell caught us napping and scored, there after the game was pretty even until we got are second wind !! and started to play some nice one touch football ...are second goal came from a sweetly taken free kick from are own little "Tom Thumb Magic Man". :thumbsup: ...from here Perranwell pressed but never really looked like scoring and with 15 mins left a superb through ball by "The old one in Middle" was brought under his spell by the Impressive Burt machine who rounded a defender and slotted home from a acute angle.......

Big shout out to Steve Walsh who was superb in goal :thumbsup: ...(the "Ginger Tom Cat" must be worried for his position)..& TJ who made his debut for the seconds showed some classy touches.............

MOM No's 1-12 :yahoo:

Troon 2nds 0 v 2 Stithians 2nds

We battled well but to be honest the best team won !! In the second half i thought we played better with out ever really looking like scoring .

Man of the match for me was the tall ginger boy for stithians top player !! Donkey of the match has to be greg for getting in the way of our goalkeeper !!

Really looking forward to sat cup match at home to div2 halestown res so nothing to loose

Guest BenTheYeti

Troon 2nds 0 v 2 Stithians 2nds

We battled well but to be honest the best team won !! In the second half i thought we played better with out ever really looking like scoring .

Man of the match for me was the tall ginger boy for stithians top player !! Donkey of the match has to be greg for getting in the way of our goalkeeper !!

Really looking forward to sat cup match at home to div2 halestown res so nothing to loose

Oh bugger