Cornwall Football Forum

Marazion points deducted!

Must be true then? Is there a conspiricy of young footballing talent sneaking into the lowest echelons of west Cornwall of a saturday then leaving under cover of darkness once they have three points in the bag for mawnan smith and rosudgeon?

Id cards.....haven't you got a voice whereby you can ask who is who? Almost we very team knows every player in my local leagues

And if marizion filled out the team sheets correctly then the secretary or director of the club has a lot to answer for as it is them who are inept or maybe they just don't care about the well published rules

Pretty simple the CCFA are now onto them and other clubs will be worrying when they're caught again.....

Well said Peggy. ID cards have revalotionise youth football, and would be positive move. Also a review of jonior and senior status has to be looked at. Mistakes and errors are a very different thing to CHEATING.

Can't anyone think of another way without squeezing more mine for individuals

Id cards?.. Don't you have a passport or driving license?......or god forbid a debit/credit card?

Guest BenTheYeti

Ignoring the Marazion-baiting.. if the rules have been broken by Marazion, Penzance Res. etc., it's good the see the league acting early in the season rather than letting it run and run

I am sure the CCFA or League Committees do not enjoy deciding match results in committee rooms, but rules are rules and without the governing bodies chaos would prevail. This being said if a rule is a continuing problem for many clubs, then perhaps those in charge should review the situation.

I am sure the CCFA or League Committees do not enjoy deciding match results in committee rooms, but rules are rules and without the governing bodies chaos would prevail. This being said if a rule is a continuing problem for many clubs, then perhaps those in charge should review the situation.

Like you said rules are rules. It is madness to say that if the rule is a problem then change it. Murder is a problem but would you want to legalise it? Everyone knows before the season starts what the rules are - its not a new rule is it - and everyone else just has to get on with it. Teams have broken the rules however intentional and they must take their medicine - that's life. Deal with it, get over it and move on and in the case of Marazion, if they are the sensational world beaters everyone seems to proclaim then the loss of six points will hardly make a difference to them - they still have to play all their closest rivals twice so there is the six points back. Think most teams from last season who won their respective leagues lost more than six points during the season.

The league are doing the right thing by acting early, theyve obviously learned from last year! I think its unfair to call marazion cheats because they named the players correctly thats why theyve been punished! Think the whole reinstatement issue will be a talking point again, im assuming thats why the players were inelligable?

Guest BenTheYeti

Like you said rules are rules. It is madness to say that if the rule is a problem then change it. Murder is a problem but would you want to legalise it? Everyone knows before the season starts what the rules are - its not a new rule is it - and everyone else just has to get on with it. Teams have broken the rules however intentional and they must take their medicine - that's life. Deal with it, get over it and move on and in the case of Marazion, if they are the sensational world beaters everyone seems to proclaim then the loss of six points will hardly make a difference to them - they still have to play all their closest rivals twice so there is the six points back. Think most teams from last season who won their respective leagues lost more than six points during the season.

Even Helston dropped 10 last season :P

Even Helston dropped 10 last season :P

Gosh!! That many? Surprised I kept my job....

I have just spoken to our manager and it appears one of our players, who I will not be naming on here, signed the wrong form.....yes Jason that was you, you donut.....as rightly pointed out, we have made the error and we will take the points deduction....as well as the beer Jason will have to buy the rest of the team.

Guest BenTheYeti

I have just spoken to our manager and it appears one of our players, who I will not be naming on here, signed the wrong form.....yes Jason that was you, you donut.....as rightly pointed out, we have made the error and we will take the points deduction....as well as the beer Jason will have to buy the rest of the team.

Without wanting to sound rude.. how can you sign the wrong form.. there's only 1 type of signing on form for Trelawny League players unless you're attached to the Armed Forces

Guest BenTheYeti

Apparently he signed an old form and not a new one....I have no idea as I'm merely a lowly centre half....just going on what the manager told me....

The old forms (as in, the ones used last season) are still in use as far as I'm aware.. they have sent out new ones for this year, but there's not a great deal of change in them.. still need your name, DOB, address and signature..

I think the manager and player involved should compensate us with a night on the beer myself.....just one of those things....an yes it's hardly cheating....with the amount of attention Marazion have been getting it would be silly to cheat......but at least we have been able to occupy some peoples time.....

Guest BenTheYeti

To be fair, it's happened to nearly every team at this level.. either accidentally, or accidentally on purpose.. There always going to be times when teams are either short of numbers or playing a rival and want to "lean" the rules in their favour. And if a player, secretary or manager wants to run that risk, I think this early evidence from the CCFA shows that it will not be tolerated one bit.

On the other side, having experienced it first hand this season, it is a nightmare to get players to open their wallets and pay signing on fees sometime before February, let alone sign the right forms, register them for the right competitions, and, in the case of clubs with more than one team (which is most these days), keep abreast of which players have played which games for whom.. that problem being magnified if you have one Senior team and one Junior team I'd imagine. With all that in consideration, mistakes are easily made. But, the league have to follow their own rules, and any club that has fallen foul of a points deduction, seemingly through no fault of their own (in the case of Redruth for example), have the right to appeal.

What irks me, is that we all seem quite happy to brand a whole team as cheating, as soon as we see they have a points deduction.. at the end of the day, most of these things come down to 1 or 2 people making an honest mistake, or selfishly exploiting things for (what is essentially, as we're only talking about Junior football at levels 1-6 here) a minor gain.

Seems to me that some teams are rather afraid of Marazion! Oh well, if they cant beat u on the pitch lads, they will try and drag you through the mud on here!!

I think this post should of been deleted, in my opinion its quite slanderous. You can only be called cheats if you are trying to hide something, and it seems in this case your not.

let he who have not sinned throw the first stone........

paul birch and steve ruff have never cheated in thier lives,

to call them cheats on a public forum is total bullshit.

this thread as really p###ed me off!!!!!!!

what a terrible thing to say about people over a simple mistake.

hands up any club that aint made a simple mistake......

time to leave marazion alone now fellas and let them enjoy thier footy.

they aint murdered nobody.....

i think the administraters should delete this post as its slander!!!!!!!

The topic is a question? Hence the question mark? The next post says what everyone else was wondering in regards the points deduction.

Shall I demand to sue the man who posted about being 'jelous'? I'm not jealous of you honestly

It's now looking liege Marizion have made a small error on te paperwork. Fine....you're managers are not known, it was never mentioned anyone personally

And next time play by the rules If there are any more point deductions then you may well be accused of attempting to cheat

After managing in this league last year, this appears to be a regular occurance in my personal expierence by a lot of teams in the league playing persons under other squad players names who maybe are not so well known to other teams, maybe i.d cards are the way to go ,and maybe limit the amount of players a club is allowed to register for any one team, say to 25, and yes before anybody asks ...... maybe guilty as charged on a couple of occasions. but on a serious note how are the league going to police this matter ?????????? full credit for trying to stamp it out early if this is the case, but personally i think a impossible task, unless a more realistic process is used.

The worst part of this is that the points deductions have been applied to the teams who were being honest. The deductions are all likely to be for admin errors. The cheats are the guys who intentionally play players under other peoples names. They get away with it year after year and no punishment. Get the ID cards in and it all stops.

Unlucky Birchy, anyone who knows you will know you ain't cheated mate, we are all just jealous of your dream team!!! Bad luck with the form but I'm sure the rest of us in div 5 will get the backlash from your lads for the deducted points!! Hope you have a good season, I'm sure you will!! All the best to Steve as well bud.