Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Point Deductions

Schoolboy error from me. I manage Gwinear res and we lost points for playing 3 first team players (2 were from the bench who replaced 1 that started) To be classed as a first team player you have to have played 3 consecutive games. Doh. i thought it was 5. Just a warning to other teams with this rule, it also applies to Reserve team players moving up to the first team. My bad.

Redruth United docked points for signing a player on before the game (who had already signed on for a club on Saturday) against Falmouth Albion on Tuesday night, Player in question said he hadn't signed for anyone and the website was checked on the Monday and he hadn't, unfortunately the form was received on the Tuesday by the league from the other club.

Unfortunate error and probably one of the most honest mistakes you can make, especially when Redruth had three Club players who didn't get to go on the pitch as this player was given a run out instead and with no disrespect better players were left out.

Gutted as this ruined a fantastic comeback and result and is the first time in 20 years this has happened to Redruth apparently. :angry:

Guest BenTheYeti

There seems to be an abundance of points alterations today.. at first look this morning I only noticed a couple of clubs.. there's 4 in Prem now (assuming that's 2 with points deductions, and 2 added), and 6 in Division 5

Guest BenTheYeti

Redruth United docked points for signing a player on before the game (who had already signed on for a club on Saturday) against Falmouth Albion on Tuesday night, Player in question said he hadn't signed for anyone and the website was checked on the Monday and he hadn't, unfortunately the form was received on the Tuesday by the league from the other club.

Unfortunate error and probably one of the most honest mistakes you can make, especially when Redruth had three Club players who didn't get to go on the pitch as this player was given a run out instead and with no disrespect better players were left out.

Gutted as this ruined a fantastic comeback and result and is the first time in 20 years this has happened to Redruth apparently. :angry:

I'm assuming the player lied then when he said he hadn't signed elsewhere? If that's the case, surely Redruth can appeal

Schoolboy error from me. I manage Gwinear res and we lost points for playing 3 first team players (2 were from the bench who replaced 1 that started) To be classed as a first team player you have to have played 3 consecutive games. Doh. i thought it was 5. Just a warning to other teams with this rule, it also applies to Reserve team players moving up to the first team. My bad.

You shouldn't get points deducted if both teams play in trelawney league......if u sign for a club u can play 1st's or 2nd's if they both play trelawney league. When u sign on, ur signing trelawney forms and not for a particular side wheather it be 1st or 2nd team. Dosen't ask on form if ur playing for trelawney prem team or trelawney 5 team.

You shouldn't get points deducted if both teams play in trelawney league......if u sign for a club u can play 1st's or 2nd's if they both play trelawney league. When u sign on, ur signing trelawney forms and not for a particular side wheather it be 1st or 2nd team. Dosen't ask on form if ur playing for trelawney prem team or trelawney 5 team.

I agree 100 % and the rule may be changed next season. With evening games both our sides were mixed because of players work commitments etc. Shame as 3 games in both sides are still finding their feet and changes happen.