Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Table - Saturday Sept 15th 2012

Can you please post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread or if possible text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks.

I'll be late getting home, as I will be following Pz Reserves at Mawnan and afterwards my daughter is going shopping, so tomorrows text results service will be a little late.

Cornwall Combination League

15th September 2012

Goonhavern Athletic (Joe Carlyon) 1-2 Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen, Ian Cullingham)

Att - 32

Hayle Reserves (Kane Williams) 1-1 RNAS Culdrose (Jack Valentine)

Att - 35

Holman SC (Rikki Smith,Tarik Kalkan) 2-4 St Day (Ryan Trathen 2, Gavin Boon, Shane Richards)

Att - 20

Ludgvan (Jack Ramsey 2, Tom Patrick) 3-3 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ryan Reeve 2, Chris Mulroy)

Att - 64

Mullion (Sam Harry) 1-5 Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Murray 2, Dave Rawlings, Bobby Bryant, Jason Roberts)

Att - 31

Perranwell (Matt Rose 2, Luke Brabyn, Jimmy Thompson, OG) 5-1 Newquay Reserves (Sam Trudgian)

Att - 43

St Ives Town (Jowan May 6, Joel McWilliams 2, Martyn Moon, Ian Hodges) 10-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 35

St Just (Darren Steadman) 1-6 St Agnes (Mike Burn 3, Duane Britton 2, Luke Osborne)

Att - 30

Troon (Ollie Perkins 3, Ashley Smeeth) 4-1 Falmouth Athletic (Ollie Clarke)

Att - 47

Wendron United (Ryan Tresidder 2, Justin Searle, Dean Batch) 4-3 Pendeen Rovers (Jack Willis 2, Jamie Payne)

Att - 20

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 8 6 1 1 21 9 12 19

2 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 7 6 0 1 27 9 18 18

3 ST IVES TOWN 8 5 3 0 28 11 17 18

4 PENDEEN ROVERS 8 5 2 1 17 11 6 17

5 ST AGNES 7 5 0 2 29 15 14 15

6 WENDRON UNITED 8 5 0 3 21 17 4 15

7 ST DAY 8 4 2 2 18 13 5 14

8 GOONHARVEN ATHLETIC 7 4 1 2 19 11 8 13

9 MULLION 8 4 1 3 20 20 0 13

10 PERRANWELL 8 3 2 3 17 13 4 11

11 TROON 7 3 0 4 19 14 5 9

12 RNAS CULDROSE 4 2 2 0 8 4 4 8

13 HAYLE RESERVES 7 2 2 3 12 15 -3 8

14 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 8 2 2 4 13 17 -4 8

15 LUDGVAN 8 2 1 5 17 22 -5 7

16 ST JUST 8 2 0 6 12 20 -8 6

17 NEWQUAY RESERVES 8 1 1 6 8 27 -19 4

18 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 6 1 0 5 9 26 -17 3

19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 8 1 0 7 11 31 -20 3

20 HOLMAN SC 7 1 0 6 8 29 -21 3

Guest smashing pumpkin

Wendron 4-3 pendeen

Pendeen scorers jack willis x2 jamie payne.

Approx 20 attendance

Ref (2nd choice) was lovely ;-) even helped wendron fill in holes n shovel poops off pitch. Knew all the wendron lads by first names even when reprimanding. ....

poops on the wendron pitch? iv never seen any poops on any of wendrons pitches before

Perranwell 5 Newquay 1 Newquay goalscorer Sam Trudgian(not goalkeeper). Newquay played the game with only 10 players and only 9 players for last 20 minutes, not ideal situation for youngsters of Newquay to be put into but all credit to all the players for putting in a great effort.

The cat will be pushing the average age, weight and waistline of he Newquay rezzies up when he joins them this week,,

Wendron 4-3 pendeen

Approx 20 attendance

Ref (2nd choice) was lovely ;-) even helped wendron fill in holes n shovel poops off pitch. Knew all the wendron lads by first names even when reprimanding. ....

poops on the wendron pitch? iv never seen any poops on any of wendrons pitches before

Word on the wendron grapevine was, it was a badgers arse that made the mess.

Feel compelled to mention that although it looks like Wendron won 4-3 and had 3 pens that we actually missed two. Our fourth goal was a rebound from the keepers penalty save however! Pendeen were awarded a very soft penalty in the first 5 minutes themselves, and we're later denied a more blatant appeal, shouldn't be the case but that did even itself out! All of wendrons penalties were fouls as the two centre backs decided to try and kick our forward as much as possible. The longer the game went on the tireder and more frustrated those two got! And as for the ref being on first name terms, when sorting out an issue he used our captains name,and his only, as he had asked for it at the beginning of the game which I think all referees do for situations such as this! So the ref, got very little wrong today, he gave a few soft decisions but was consistent for both sides! Pendeen made it very difficult in the second half and will be there or there abouts come the end of the season!

Guest smashing pumpkin

Wendron 4-3 pendeen

Approx 20 attendance

Word on the wendron grapevine was, it was a badgers arse that made the mess.

we need a dam badger cull

Feel compelled to mention that although it looks like Wendron won 4-3 and had 3 pens that we actually missed two. Our fourth goal was a rebound from the keepers penalty save however! Pendeen were awarded a very soft penalty in the first 5 minutes themselves, and we're later denied a more blatant appeal, shouldn't be the case but that did even itself out! All of wendrons penalties were fouls as the two centre backs decided to try and kick our forward as much as possible. The longer the game went on the tireder and more frustrated those two got! And as for the ref being on first name terms, when sorting out an issue he used our captains name,and his only, as he had asked for it at the beginning of the game which I think all referees do for situations such as this! So the ref, got very little wrong today, he gave a few soft decisions but was consistent for both sides! Pendeen made it very difficult in the second half and will be there or there abouts come the end of the season!

Who missed drons pens??? Cant be that Dunne bloke isn't he playing cb for tcfc reserves??? Dunno how he's getting games there from what I've seen of him

Holman sports club 2-4 st day

Att 20

Holman goalscorers

Rikki smith

Tarik Kalkan

Sorry about the delay in posting but I was over a friends house playing poker last night which I did very well at winning 250.....pasta twirls!! (no poker chips) I asked what the exchange rate was and they made me a spaghetti Bol!!!....everyone's a winner :)

Anyway on to the game. Nice sunny day at blaythorne for our very first home game of the season due to some blokes in white outfits chucking balls at wooden sticks all over the summer. Being at home meant billings couldnt get lost and Ray had finally bought some petrol for the mower so managed to get the grass down below dracena avenue levels and Holmans welcomed the return of Turkish international Tarik Kalkan who is now in his 10th season at the club and still owes about 9 and a half years in subs. We were also joined by groundhopper rob hornby who had travelled all the way from mansfield, personally i sometimes wish i hadnt travelled all the way from camborne fire station for some of our games so a big welcome to him and he managed to take 112 photos of the match. Im especially impressed with the 112th one showing me expertly controlling the ball in a bit of a camp pose.......im even more happy that their wasnt a 113th photo showing the ball bounce off my shinpad and go into touch!!! Anyway rob was a very nice bloke with and extremely brave one if you read his blog so is always welcome at blaythorne.

So a local derby to begin the home campaign with against holmans manager andy taskers former club st day who were looking to bounce back following a surprise defeat against Porthleven mid week. Matt harris had a few words of wisdom in the changing room before the match followed by a bit of chanting and cuddles according to an unsubstantiated report. Holmans kicked off attacking towards the massive home support (3...Chinner,mark & Dave) at the "scoreboard end" Phil Greenlaw was looking lively on his debut and had an early chance following a mazy run but decided to pass the ball across the mouth of the goal about two yards out. Very unselfish which should ba applauded just a bit rubbish on the trying to get it in the back of the net front. Jase tried a very acrobatic "Wayne Rooney" overhead kick which not only heaped pain on his fragile hamstring but also nearly decapitated Matt witts. At the other end wade brown & Gavin boon had managed to get in around the back of the holmans defence but goalie Ben Minns was in a combined acrobatic defensive sweeper mode to keep them at bay. Our best chance probably unfortunately fell to me with unsurprisingly a header from a set piece which was just wide. St day opened the scoring when Tom Hogarth in his last game before heading off to Kenya with the army next week....I hope toms geography is up to scratch and he hasn't got Kenya & the other place the army go to muddled up or he's in for a nasty shock!! Tom ran after what looked like a lost cause of the ball going to the corner flag. Well it looked lost to me because I was to knackered to run after it. Tom miraculously kept it in as the whole of the ball hadn't crossed the line (we are buying a new thinner line marker next week) toms cross found the head of Shane Richards who headed the ball past Ben to take st day 0-1 up

Ht 0-1

2nd half holmans started well and were rewarded when rikki smith found the back of the net. St day were then reduced to 10 men when wade brown who had just been booked before tried emulating NASA and put Sam Eva into orbit with a bit of a rash challenge (I'm exaggerating that a bit....sorry wade) Holmans at this point probably felt they could go on and win the game but things got a little 'feisty'!! And st day scored 2 quick goals through Gavin boon and Ryan trathen. Shane and I had got the English dictionary looking up words to exchange pleasantries with (we kissed and made up in the clubhouse after) until Shane was taken off with a real look of joy on his face over that decision! Rikki started to get a bit frustrated and began to attempt on a number of occasions to emulate diego marradonas 2nd goal against england in mexico 86 and surprise surprise jase got injured....again! Luckily weve pulled off a bit of a masterstoke signing phil as hes a paramedic so jase has now got medical assistance for all the games he gets injured....which is every one.

Holmans got 1 goal back through Tarik to take the score to 2-3 and were pushing for the equaliser when with 5 min to go trathen raced through to score the 4th and seal the win for St Day. So a loss for us keeping us at the foot of the table but a long way to go yet and it seems we might not be the only team struggling for points so it looks like theirs going to be some massive '6 pointers' down the bottom half of the table. No league action next week as its senior cup and holmans are off to pendeen for the 2nd time in a month it was lovely down there 4 weeks ago so I'm going to predict rain and fog next week but theirs no match report as I'm off to Cardiff to watch John bishop.

Perranwell 5 Newquay 1 Newquay goalscorer Sam Trudgian(not goalkeeper). Newquay played the game with only 10 players and only 9 players for last 20 minutes, not ideal situation for youngsters of Newquay to be put into but all credit to all the players for putting in a great effort.

What's happening with Newquay reserves? The club have 4 teams, surely other players could've been drafted in.

I've noticed Yendell hasn't been at their last couple of games?? Somethings not right.

A result from St Agnes that i'm sure will make people reconsider their thoughts on Aggies title chances!

Yes, St Just were missing a few players but St Agnes played some very nice football for virtually the entire 90 minutes at a ground where not many teams will go and win at, especially by that margin!

Despite losing a few players now because of university the young side will still be in contention come the remaining weeks of the season!

That is all

Well done to Aggie

Wendron outplayed Pendeen in the first half after conceding two early goals. One was probably offside, the other from a penalty that could have gone either way. See why the ref gave it but looked very soft.

Wendron pulled one back through Justin Searle after some good football and levelled through a pen of our own, won and taken by Ryan Tresidder. Completed the comeback through Dean Blatch after he poked home a corner.

Second half Pendeen were stronger but we always looked dangerous on the break. Pendeen levelled from a shot that was diverted on its way through, but we won our second pen after a blatent push in the back from their centre back who is probably moaning about it to the ref still now - but was stone waller and the Pendeen bench agreed. Tresidder missed the pen, only for us to win another penalty for exactly the same thing by the same player. Whether or not he thought the first was a pen or not - he should have known better to do exactly the same thing again. The penalty was saved again only for the ball to fall straight to Tressider's feet again for him to stick it home. Could have extended our lead through a one on one and open goal, but failed to convert both.

On another note, I was lino for Wendron on Saturday, and second half was right infront of the Pendeen bench. For the most part the banter between the bench and myself was fun and light hearted - which I am all for. But as the game went on it got more personal and I was accused of cheating - something that is not in my nature and that I would never contemplate. I probably don't need to justify myself or post on the forum but I was offended. As passionate as I am about football and Wendron, I would never bring the game into disripute or seek to gain an advantage through 'cheating'. Perhaps instead of blaming the linesman, you should look at your centre forward. I know I made a mistake giving a throw in when the ball probably hadn't crossed the line completely, but from my angle it looked as if it did - and I gave your first goal when he was probably offside (your welcome for that). In the second half however, as Pendeen looked to play the ball over the top, there was countless offsides, all of which were approved by some spectators behind me which I assume were neutrals or Pendeen fans as I hadn't recognised them from Wendron (not that that really matters).

After the game one fan called me a disgrace, which I found insulting and offensive. It is not like I enjoy running the line, I did it as a favour. I was then interrogated by a lady I presume is Pendeen's secretary about my name, why I was running the line, and was then told that she was going to check 'the sheet'???

Anyway, sorry to rant and be negative - as most of the Pendeen lot seemed a fair and good bunch, but that really got to me. Am sure it happens all over the county and country every saturday - but no wonder we struggle for officials if they are going to be accused or treated like that for doing a favour and to do a honest job.

All the best to Pendeen.

Wendron outplayed Pendeen in the first half after conceding two early goals. One was probably offside, the other from a penalty that could have gone either way. See why the ref gave it but looked very soft.

Wendron pulled one back through Justin Searle after some good football and levelled through a pen of our own, won and taken by Ryan Tresidder. Completed the comeback through Dean Blatch after he poked home a corner.

Second half Pendeen were stronger but we always looked dangerous on the break. Pendeen levelled from a shot that was diverted on its way through, but we won our second pen after a blatent push in the back from their centre back who is probably moaning about it to the ref still now - but was stone waller and the Pendeen bench agreed. Tresidder missed the pen, only for us to win another penalty for exactly the same thing by the same player. Whether or not he thought the first was a pen or not - he should have known better to do exactly the same thing again. The penalty was saved again only for the ball to fall straight to Tressider's feet again for him to stick it home. Could have extended our lead through a one on one and open goal, but failed to convert both.

On another note, I was lino for Wendron on Saturday, and second half was right infront of the Pendeen bench. For the most part the banter between the bench and myself was fun and light hearted - which I am all for. But as the game went on it got more personal and I was accused of cheating - something that is not in my nature and that I would never contemplate. I probably don't need to justify myself or post on the forum but I was offended. As passionate as I am about football and Wendron, I would never bring the game into disripute or seek to gain an advantage through 'cheating'. Perhaps instead of blaming the linesman, you should look at your centre forward. I know I made a mistake giving a throw in when the ball probably hadn't crossed the line completely, but from my angle it looked as if it did - and I gave your first goal when he was probably offside (your welcome for that). In the second half however, as Pendeen looked to play the ball over the top, there was countless offsides, all of which were approved by some spectators behind me which I assume were neutrals or Pendeen fans as I hadn't recognised them from Wendron (not that that really matters).

After the game one fan called me a disgrace, which I found insulting and offensive. It is not like I enjoy running the line, I did it as a favour. I was then interrogated by a lady I presume is Pendeen's secretary about my name, why I was running the line, and was then told that she was going to check 'the sheet'???

Anyway, sorry to rant and be negative - as most of the Pendeen lot seemed a fair and good bunch, but that really got to me. Am sure it happens all over the county and country every saturday - but no wonder we struggle for officials if they are going to be accused or treated like that for doing a favour and to do a honest job.

All the best to Pendeen.

Interrogated!! lmao......I haven't laughed so much for a long time! lol. I merely asked you if you were a qualified linesman and you said you weren't so I then asked you why you were running the line for Wendron when there was a perfectly good QUALIFIED linesmen sat watching the game! I admit running the line is not easy and I did ask for your name, it was heat of the moment however I do have a right to ask for your name to see if it's been put on the team sheet, not that I will be checking! In heinsight you were pretty fair and whilst I'm not condoning it everyone knows that linespeople take a battering.

I apologize if my asking for your name offended you, could have been worse though I could have asked for your number!!! lol :P

Have you ever thought or said the ref had a bad game, got something wrong etc - well now you know how they feel. Not very nice is it. Never mind you don't have to do it every week like they do, and listen to all the c--p. Better fit a few more players had a go at it, in fact had a go at doing anything would be a miracle today.

They do clubs a favour by playing for you today - so they seem to think. All to easy today.

All the best to Pendeen.

I apologize if my asking for your name offended you, could have been worse though I could have asked for your number!!! lol :P

Now there's a girlie who has an understanding of the mans game, an apology followed with a cracking p--s take well done that girl.

Totally agree pal, I like every player have given the ref lip. But will learn from it a think twice from now on. Although not nice at the time - I do think it is a good experience and helps players see the game differently and from a different view.

Crystal - felt like it was an interrogation! ha. True...it did cross my mind for a second if that was the next question!ha. Yes, I had no problem giving my name, just wondered what for? Trust me, our qualified lino isnt 'perfectly good'! ha.

Probably shouldn't have taken it so personally - realise things are said in heat of moment - i do my fair share of that.

Just felt what some people said after wasn't neccessary.

That been said - certainly good following for Pendeen and in fairness they seem a decent bunch.

All the best

Yes, in fairness the ref did say alert him to anything. However, it was near the end and I didn't want to make a deal of it at the time - which is probably what I've done anyway. I just felt that it was a bit unsettling - if it were a youngster running the line it could put them off completely. Lets leave it at that.

All the best