Cornwall Football Forum

FA Cup Action at Priory Park Bodmin tonight (Wed 12th Sept)

After their 2-2 draw at Bideford last Saturday, when the home side grabbed an equaliser with the last kick of the game, Bodmin Town now host Bideford of the Southern League Premier Division tonight in a 1st qualifying round replay with a 7.45pm kick-off.

The winner of the tie will be away to Gosport Borough after they won their replay last night against Bashley.

Hardly the same scenario,exeter lost the replay comfortably,whereas bodmin were seconds away from winning on saturday and only lost to a last minute goal last night after playing for an hour with 10 men.personally think bodmin could hold ther own in a number of the leages above swpl.

I went up to Bodmin last night to watch the FA Cup replay with Bideford, and like RAPPO said I thought myself there were probably between 250 and 300 there but I see on today's entry by Bodmin on the FA website the crowd is listed as a meagre 189 it looks as if the gate staff must need new glasses.

189 could have been the paying figure . There would probably have been a lot of officials,committee members,squad members not playing and media etc.etc. Am I right in saying that as Priory Park is a public park you can stroll in from nothing from the non-club entrance side .

Priory park is indeed a public park.The football club only count the honest paying public,in fairness a lot of these non-paying people do spend money in the clubhouse...Its unfortunate for the club to lose out on the extra money the club do what they can at the time to get people to pay but it is a public area on three sides..although have to say its still one of the best places in cornwall to watch a game.. Good luck to gilby and the lads for the season,looking forward to seeing my hometown winning some more silverware.

Priory park is indeed a public park.The football club only count the honest paying public,in fairness a lot of these non-paying people do spend money in the clubhouse...Its unfortunate for the club to lose out on the extra money the club do what they can at the time to get people to pay but it is a public area on three sides..although have to say its still one of the best places in cornwall to watch a game.. Good luck to gilby and the lads for the season,looking forward to seeing my hometown winning some more silverware.

I can't see anyone else but Bodmin winning anything, they are twice as good as the next best team in the league now that Buckland are gone, bit like Man City winning Division 2 year in year out, but as the song says, "Thats just the way it is".