Cornwall Football Forum

FA Vase - AFC St Austell vs Ashton & Backwell - Sat 15th Sept - 3.00pm kick off

Anybody know anything about Ashton and Backwell? What step is the Somerset Prem?

Almalgamation of Ashton Boys FC and Backwell United in 2010

Based near Bristol

Supercooper reckons it will be a cracker -I have my doubts after seeing Minehead from the same league last season

Didn't Truro beat Backwell 15-0 in their climb through the pyrimid?

Also today Minehead (same league) v Bodmin which will also be comfortable for the Cornish club

Last Saturday Minehead 0 Ashton/Backwell 2 lying 10th. & 3rd respectively

Anybody know anything about Ashton and Backwell? What step is the Somerset Prem?

Almalgamation of Ashton Boys FC and Backwell United in 2010

Based near Bristol

Supercooper reckons it will be a cracker -I have my doubts after seeing Minehead from the same league last season

Didn't Truro beat Backwell 15-0 in their climb through the pyrimid?

Also today Minehead (same league) v Bodmin which will also be comfortable for the Cornish club

Last Saturday Minehead 0 Ashton/Backwell 2 lying 10th. & 3rd respectively

You were right not a great game, but got the victory, missed a hatful of chances after Backwell were reduced to 10 men, Backwells keeper Jones was a different class, brilliant all day encouraging his team for the whole match, great banter with him behind the goal.

Tinsley's strike in the 1st half of extra time sealed the game which St Austell deserved, credit to Backwell as they never gave up and they were in good form in the club house afterwards.

Step 7 teams who finished in the top four of their league are eligible for the FA Vase if they meet all other entry requirements.

Next season things MAY be changed.

I WAS WRONG - Sorry.

The above applied to the FA CUP

I understand now that although floodlights are not required for Step 7 they are for the FA competitions, unless I got it wrong again.

Step 7 teams who finished in the top four of their league are eligible for the FA Vase if they meet all other entry requirements.

I WAS WRONG - Sorry.

I understand now that although floodlights are not required for Step 7 they are for the FA competitions, unless I got it wrong again.

I think you're still not quite right.

The top 4 from SWPL Premier (step 6) were accepted into the FA Cup.

Teams from SWPL West (step 7) are able to enter the FA Vase provided they meet the ground requirements.

There's some useful guidance here on the FA website:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/More/ClubAdmin

I WAS WRONG - Sorry.

I think you're still not quite right.

The top 4 from SWPL Premier (step 6) were accepted into the FA Cup.

Teams from SWPL West (step 7) are able to enter the FA Vase provided they meet the ground requirements.

There's some useful guidance here on the FA website:

http://www.thefa.com.../More/ClubAdmin

Damn, Sorry again, that is what I mean't to write.