Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results & Tables - Tues 11 Sept 2012

Wadebridge entertained a high flying hayle team at bodieve park this evening.

Wadebridge 4 - 1 Hayle

Scoters: Paul Menhinick 3 Paul Cox 1

A much improved performance by the Bridgers this evening.

Hayle showed glimpses but never really troubled the wadebridge defence thought with exception of the goal.

A poor headed back pass resulted with Menhinick rounding the keeper for his first of the night.

Gyles Reynolds hitting the bar and Sam Gerken close with headers from set pieces.

Bridge lead 1-0 half time.

Second half much the same with the exception of some clinical finishing from Menhinick. Most notably completing his hat trick with a sublime side footed volley into the top corner from a well worked Paul cox cross from the right.

Hayle capitalised on some sloppy bridge defending where a long throw was allowed to bounce in the area and consequently buried (player name unknown).

Paul cox then took advantage of a loose ball at the other end to make it 4-1.

All in all a good result for the bridge, 3 wins from 3 now.

Alex A''hearn was solid in the bridge defence tonight.

Good luck to hayle for the rest of the season

shocked at that results.with the goals.hayle have been.scoring thought they would win.comfortably.not sure about the rumour of danny ford.going bk to hayle.but by the sounds of it they could have done with him.one thing i.have been wondering about hayle..where chris.wolstencroft havent seen.his name on the score sheet yet

CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION

Launceston 3 - 1 Falmouth

Liskeard 3 - 0 Penzance

1 Tavistock 6 5 0 1 21 10 11 15

2 Launceston 6 4 1 1 17 6 11 13

3 St Blazey 7 3 3 1 21 9 12 12

4 Elburton 6 4 0 2 16 10 6 12

5 St Austell 6 4 0 2 8 7 1 12

6 Witheridge 6 3 2 1 16 8 8 11

7 Liverton 5 3 2 0 13 5 8 11

8 Saltash 5 3 1 1 18 5 13 10

9 Bodmin 4 3 1 0 14 5 9 10

10 Bovey 6 3 0 3 7 16 -9 9

11 Falmouth 7 2 2 3 11 11 0 8

12 Camelford 8 2 2 4 9 10 -1 8

13 Newquay 7 2 1 4 10 12 -2 7

14 Liskeard 8 2 1 5 12 16 -4 7

15 Cullompton 7 2 0 5 5 18 -13 6

16 Parkway 2 1 1 0 7 6 1 4

17 Ivybridge 5 1 1 3 11 11 0 4

18 Torpoint 6 0 2 4 3 10 -7 2

19 Penzance 7 0 0 7 2 46 -44 0

CSWPL DIVISION ONE WEST

Wadebridge 4 - 1 Hayle

1 Godolphin 6 6 0 0 28 6 22 18

2 Helston 6 4 1 1 29 11 18 13

3 Hayle 7 4 1 2 15 9 6 13

4 Dobwalls 5 4 0 1 19 10 9 12

5 Penryn 6 3 1 2 16 12 4 10

6 Wadebridge 3 3 0 0 8 1 7 9

7 Perranporth 5 3 0 2 14 9 5 9

8 VospersOV 5 2 1 2 7 5 2 7

9 Callington 5 2 1 2 5 6 -1 7

10 Sticker 4 2 0 2 8 8 0 6

11 Porthleven 6 2 0 4 8 17 -9 6

12 St Dennis 4 1 0 3 7 16 -9 3

13 Mousehole 5 1 0 4 5 18 -13 3

14 Holsworthy 4 0 0 4 3 13 -10 0

15 Foxhole 6 0 0 6 8 37 -29 0

16 Truro City 3 0 1 2 3 5 -2 -9

---------------------------------------------------------------

A seven and the rest probably eights like i said it was a very good performance against a fancied top 4 side with quite a few big names and i think falmouth will be there or there abouts at the end of the season, in all fairness to them we could have been dead and buried if they had taken there chances but they didn,t and we fortunately did on another day it might go the opposite .....thats football

A seven and the rest probably eights like i said it was a very good performance against a fancied top 4 side with quite a few big names and i think falmouth will be there or there abouts at the end of the season, in all fairness to them we could have been dead and buried if they had taken there chances but they didn,t and we fortunately did on another day it might go the opposite .....thats football

Fair enough, Falmouth rely heavily on Vercesi, take him out not much left.

Not having a go at you, but I get pee'd off with the continual snipes at refs in general. To give the ref two is a pretty poor assesment on the fella. That sort of mark means he did pretty much no more than turn up, and in my book no-ones that bad. In my world the only way you could mark him that low was if he turned up with dark glasses and a white stick!!!!

When people post this sort of stuff, and generally a lot worse than you have, just think what he thinks. Is it any wonder there's a shortage of these guys, their heart must sink a little every time, death by a thousand cuts until their gone, Think about it. Cheers.

Menhenick for wadebridge is by far the best forward in the league

Top player

Is he the lad that played up front for Camelford? I always thought him and his strike partner there were just about the best front pair Newquay used to play against in the west division, a real handful.

Bridge were very good last night and on that form must be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

Mark and Parks have put a very balanced organised side together. great to see Dowly and his midfielder partner pulling the strings, just wish it hadn't been against Hayle. Paul was class and it must be fantastic for Mark to have his lad scoring fantastic goals like his 3rd strike. Have to agree with other posters on here he has to be up there as top forward in the league along with Ross Duncan who on his day is as good as any shame injury hampered him a bit last night.

Bridges young full back deserves a mention fantastic game last night and surely has a bright future ahead.

The only problem for Bridge will be that no one will get the ball in training this week with johnny May coming on but not touching it he won't be giving it away.

Well done Wadebridge and see you at Hayle later in the season.

LAUNCESTON 3 FALMOUTH 1 GREAT ALL-ROUND PERFORMANCE FROM THE CLARETS AFTER GOING A GOAL BEHIND (REF 2/10)

Ah! the old ref bashing again, wonder if you are a Falmouth supporter??? they generally blame the man in the middle when they get dicked. If you are a claret - then my apologies.

HaHaHa! Not a Famouth supporter, just someone that knows a crap ref when they see one!

Not having a go at you, but I get pee'd off with the continual snipes at refs in general. To give the ref two is a pretty poor assesment on the fella. That sort of mark means he did pretty much no more than turn up, and in my book no-ones that bad. In my world the only way you could mark him that low was if he turned up with dark glasses and a white stick!!!!

When people post this sort of stuff, and generally a lot worse than you have, just think what he thinks. Is it any wonder there's a shortage of these guys, their heart must sink a little every time, death by a thousand cuts until their gone, Think about it. Cheers.

I have alot of respect for refs .I'd not do it, not even for a top footballers wages! But when a ref gives a really bad performance it should be said. Yes they are human (so I'm told haha) and make mistakes but when players from BOTH teams think they are poor it says alot!

btw saying that Falmouth have "not much left" without Vercesi sort of shows you dont have a clue about football. I really hope that you aren't a ref!!!!!

LAUNCESTON 3 FALMOUTH 1 GREAT ALL-ROUND PERFORMANCE FROM THE CLARETS AFTER GOING A GOAL BEHIND (REF 2/10)

Ah! the old ref bashing again, wonder if you are a Falmouth supporter??? they generally blame the man in the middle when they get dicked. If you are a claret - then my apologies.

HaHaHa! Not a Famouth supporter, just someone that knows a crap ref when they see one!

I could say you're a crap mother, but I won't, because its not nice is it. It would affect you would it not?

This forum is full of ref bashers and its so easy is'nt it to deride some-one who cannot in truth answer back.

I have alot of respect for refs .I'd not do it, not even for a top footballers wages! But when a ref gives a really bad performance it should be said. Yes they are human (so I'm told haha) and make mistakes but when players from BOTH teams think they are poor it says alot!

btw saying that Falmouth have "not much left" without Vercesi sort of shows you dont have a clue about football. I really hope that you aren't a ref!!!!!

TheolderIgetthebetterIwas : On a previous thread where you commented on the state of Bickland Park you mentioned that you played there in the 70's,I was wondering who you might have played for,because like most of us who have been supporting Falmouth for over 30 years,we don't remember much about the opposition teams who graced our pitch back then,as we were too busy watching them getting stuffed 7 or 8,9 (even 10 ) nil,on a regular basis !!

As for your expert critique of the current team being a one man side,for your benefit I'll go through the team for you and pick out some other very good players who you failed to mention.

Jason Chapman (Goalkeeper) : Apart from maybe Miller at Bodmin and only due to being ex-pro,I would say that Chapman is in

the top 3 keepers in the premier division.

Jamie Devine (Left-Back) : Very solid,very reliable,tactically aware (admirable qualities any manager would have in a player)

Wayne Quinn (Central Defender) : Ex-pro premier league,admittedly not got the speed anymore but the old brain more than

makes up for that.

Ross Pope (Central Midfielder) : One of the best ball winners in the league,solid does the job,gives it to the playmakers,

again a must for every successful team.

Matt Drummond (Striker) : Lethal finisher with a record to match.

Not forgetting Mark Vercesi ,that makes six players,a lot more than your one ! half a team in fact.

PS: Interested to know which team you support locally.

If as you say you have lot of respect for refs then simples - show it.

I know nothing about football and everything in the same breath! Thats a big statement coming from a girl/woman anyway, every-one knows woman/girls do not even understand the offside rule.

Falmouth certainly do not have much left after Vercesi and with the loss of Drummo just keep an eye on your results, its going to be painful. As your own manager has said his brief is to finish mid table, consolidate, YEAH!!! We made a conscious decision to target local talent, YEAH! the money's gone. Falmouth back to what they always do when they are in the doggy doo grab what they can locally, yer havin a laff if you think people don't know the game being played.

TheolderIgetthebetterIwas : On a previous thread where you commented on the state of Bickland Park you mentioned that you played there in the 70's,I was wondering who you might have played for,because like most of us who have been supporting Falmouth for over 30 years,we don't remember much about the opposition teams who graced our pitch back then,as we were too busy watching them getting stuffed 7 or 8,9 (even 10 ) nil,on a regular basis !!

As for your expert critique of the current team being a one man side,for your benefit I'll go through the team for you and pick out some other very good players who you failed to mention.

Jason Chapman (Goalkeeper) : Apart from maybe Miller at Bodmin and only due to being ex-pro,I would say that Chapman is in

Jamie Devine (Left-Back) : Very solid,very reliable,tactically aware (admirable qualities any manager would have in a player)

Wayne Quinn (Central Defender) : Ex-pro premier league,admittedly not got the speed anymore but the old brain more than

makes up for that.

Ross Pope (Central Midfielder) : One of the best ball winners in the league,solid does the job,gives it to the playmakers,

Not forgetting Mark Vercesi ,that makes six players,a lot more than your one ! half a team in fact.

I take it as read that you do not know the rest of your team! or they are not good enough to warrant a mention, that will make them happy will it not.

Back in the 70s when other teams were allowed to grace (really) Bickland park, you mean when Falmouth had the means to buy the league every year.

Have you ever played on that surface, its poor now and always has been. You spend all your money (whats left) on players. The only thing Bickland has is the setting.

makes up for that.

I take it as read that you do not know the rest of your team! or they are not good enough to warrant a mention, that will make them happy will it not.

Back in the 70s when other teams were allowed to grace (really) Bickland park, you mean when Falmouth had the means to buy the league every year.

Have you ever played on that surface, its poor now and always has been. You spend all your money (whats left) on players. The only thing Bickland has is the setting.

Let me know when your plane gets back to realityville I'll meet you at the airport !

The reason I didn't mention the rest of the team is that they are all young players who unlike the others that were mentioned have yet to establish themselves in the grand scheme of things.

You still haven't said what team you support,sounds like sour grapes ,even suggesting that the team of the 70's bought the league shows how little you know !

Beginning to think you don't even support a team,probably get your rocks off slagging everyone else in sight.

Oh and to say that just because 'Fal Lady' is a woman means that she knows nothing.............really ,really !

We're living in the 21st century believe it or not there are women who can show men a thing or too about football.

You owe her a big apology,but I guess it wouldn't be in her best interests to hold her breath !

makes up for that.

Let me know when your plane gets back to realityville I'll meet you at the airport !

The reason I didn't mention the rest of the team is that they are all young players who unlike the others that were mentioned have yet to establish themselves in the grand scheme of things.

You still haven't said what team you support,sounds like sour grapes ,even suggesting that the team of the 70's bought the league shows how little you know !

Beginning to think you don't even support a team,probably get your rocks off slagging everyone else in sight.

Oh and to say that just because 'Fal Lady' is a woman means that she knows nothing.............really ,really !

We're living in the 21st century believe it or not there are women who can show men a thing or too about football.

You owe her a big apology,but I guess it wouldn't be in her best interests to hold her breath !

What grand scheme would that be then! Ho ho.

Now you have all the ladies on your team with that statement - what ever rocks your boat bud. Must be your feminine side.Ho ho.

Nearly fell off my barstool with that one. You really are not up to speed are you.

If Falmouth could afford it they would not entertain even a reserve side let alone the other teams they have. THATS what they used to do back then, but you would not know, you've only supported them for 30 years.

As a club who has its purse strings severely cut, I think that Falmouth are doing very well considering, and yes, I have aways supported the town through thick and thin over the past 40 years or so, so have seen the best and worst of my club.

We will continue to do well, and will remain competitive in this league.

Roll on local derbys agains Truro City, probably next season.

Kernowman

I know nothing about football and everything in the same breath! Thats a big statement coming from a girl/woman anyway, every-one knows woman/girls do not even understand the offside rule.

Women/girls are referees and referee assistants. Maybe you are the one that needs to show respect !

(btw everyone knows what a wind up merchant looks like)

makes up for that.

What grand scheme would that be then! Ho ho.

Now you have all the ladies on your team with that statement - what ever rocks your boat bud. Must be your feminine side.Ho ho.

Nearly fell off my barstool with that one. You really are not up to speed are you.

If Falmouth could afford it they would not entertain even a reserve side let alone the other teams they have. THATS what they used to do back then, but you would not know, you've only supported them for 30 years.

'TheolderIgetthebetterIwas' is a wind up merchant. I could call him/her worse but I respect the elderly and so wont. Bless 'em :)

Falmouth certainly do not have much left after Vercesi and with the loss of Drummo just keep an eye on your results, its going to be painful. As your own manager has said his brief is to finish mid table, consolidate, YEAH!!! We made a conscious decision to target local talent, YEAH! the money's gone. Falmouth back to what they always do when they are in the doggy doo grab what they can locally, yer havin a laff if you think people don't know the game being played.

Oh please...... Offside rule..... Really???? Everyone knows there are no rules in football just laws..... Even us women, who know nothing about football. :-)

WHY DO SO MANY POSTERS ON THIS FORUM HAVE TO QUOTE THE WHOLE OF PREVIOUS POSTS IN THEIR REPLIES? :SM_carton:Just the relevant sentence would do. Surely we are all capable of following the thread without the whole of previous posts being

quoted :excl: Does anyone else find this very annoying?

I'm on my phone so its all or nothing :-) .:.......hmmm maybe I should stick to nothing :-P

Fal lady/anita - of course you missed the point of the post, I would have expected as much from a girlie, its a worldwide standard joke among men! Ho ho ho. When you understand that you will understand football a bit more.

Woman referees and woman lino's' well I've seen them, I've seen womans football as well. Ah well.

Yes you should respect your elders.

Men are from Mars - woman are from Venus, do you understand that.

Fal lady/anita - of course you missed the point of the post, I would have expected as much from a girlie, its a worldwide standard joke among men! Ho ho ho. When you understand that you will understand football a bit more.

Woman referees and woman lino's' well I've seen them, I've seen womans football as well. Ah well.

Good book. Have you read it as well?

I'm bored of your witterings now though.

I wish your team whoever they may be, a good season.

Good book. Have you read it as well?

I'm bored of your witterings now though.

I wish your team whoever they may be, a good season.

Thankyou Fal lady for that, the same good fortune to you - be happy!

I'll never understand men, just like men will never understand women. But just because I don't have ball's doesn't mean I don't understand football. I have respect for my elders just like I'd hope they would have respect for me.

Have a good evening :-)

Oh and one last thing.......... I am a referee :-)

Posted · Hidden by Richard Chown, September 16, 2012 - Complaints of sexsism by member
Hidden by Richard Chown, September 16, 2012 - Complaints of sexsism by member

I'll never understand men, just like men will never understand women. But just because I don't have ball's doesn't mean I don't understand football. I have respect for my elders just like I'd hope they would have respect for me.

Have a good evening :-)

Oh and one last thing.......... I am a referee :-)

A girlie, a referee and an Arsenal supporter - BLOODY HELL !!!!! Think about out. You don't understand men, you support Arsenal but you understand football, now there's a contradiction. You referee netball ??? hockey ??? no no no don't say football YE GODS were doomed.

Well well another post removed when replying to the girls!!!!! If woman want to play in a mans world/game then they have to take it on the chin with everyone else. Its only banter in the football world after all.

Looks like protectionism to me, c,mon boys lets have some fun.

Anita, I respect all referees, including the girly ones. Whether I agree with it is another matter. Like woman boxers, rugby players and all the other sports they like to muscle in on - not in my world I'm afraid.

Men are from Mars women are from Venus.

Well well another post removed when replying to the girls!!!!! If woman want to play in a mans world/game then they have to take it on the chin with everyone else. Its only banter in the football world after all.

Anita, I respect all referees, including the girly ones. Whether I agree with it is another matter. Like woman boxers, rugby players and all the other sports they like to muscle in on - not in my world I'm afraid.

You seem to be stuck in a time warp with your sexist diatribe.

Come down from cloud cuckoo and join the rest of us in 21st century Britain.

You seem to be stuck in a time warp with your sexist diatribe.

Come down from cloud cuckoo and join the rest of us in 21st century Britain.

Another modern man with all the emotions on show, led up the garden path by equality, go and shed a tear if you like.

Me, I like my time warp up here in cloud cuckoo land - go and watch some netball you'll like that and all the girlies will love you.

Be happy.

Men are from Mars (some of us still) woman are from Venus. Ho ho ho.

Posted · Hidden by cornishteddyboy, September 18, 2012 - Sexist comment
Hidden by cornishteddyboy, September 18, 2012 - Sexist comment

As a former Equal Opportunities Officer, I would never generalise prejudicially about women and football, even in Cornwall. However, the presence on the same forum of the words "Anita", "laws of the game" and "understand" provokes a huge LOL !

As for "I am a referee", she is clearly unaware of the observations of referees' appointments officers which might explain her shortage of significant fixtures,,,,,

Some of us have seen Anita in action at Mount Wise, after all. Bless !

As a former Equal Opportunities Officer, I would never generalise prejudicially about women and football, even in Cornwall. However, the presence on the same forum of the words "Anita", "laws of the game" and "understand" provokes a huge LOL !

As for "I am a referee", she is clearly unaware of the observations of referees' appointments officers which might explain her shortage of significant fixtures,,,,,

Some of us have seen Anita in action at Mount Wise, after all. Bless !

Now now isaac, thats not nice. My apologies Anita, baiting over - sorry.