Cornwall Football Forum

Buckland v Parkway

Buckland deserved their victory, far more clinical in front of goal and on the balance of play. I thought the 5-1 scoreline flattered them slightly though. 3-1 going into the last 10 mins and Parkway were having a good spell, it would have been interesting if they have got a 2nd. 3 reasonable penalty shouts but nothing. The last 5 mins and further 2 goals ( 1 the last kick ) sealed their exit from the cup. The one thing that dissapointed me was the referee who seemed to be on first name terms with the Buckland players and some of their spectators.I Would have thought an official from outside the area would have been appointed.

The one thing that dissapointed me was the referee who seemed to be on first name terms with the Buckland players and some of their spectators.I Would have thought an official from outside the area would have been appointed.

The appointment of officials has nothing to do with Buckland.

Officials get to come to Homers Heath many times over the course of the seasons and obviously get to know people especially players.

I strongly suspect that last nights ref Tony Cloak, has officiated Parkway on numerous occasions too ?

I have to agree though , that yesterday evening was not one of his best performances...He let Parkway get away with far too much..... As on Saturday so on Tuesday.."Hand Ball Ref"....."Hand Ball Ref"....."Hand Ball Ref"......"Hand Ball Ref"....."Hand Ball Ref"...Not a valid shout in the house, and not a single claim for a valid penalty. !!!!

Oh and BTW Tony Cloak hails from Barnstaple...Far enough outside the area for you ?

The one thing that dissapointed me was the referee who seemed to be on first name terms with the Buckland players and some of their spectators.I Would have thought an official from outside the area would have been appointed.

The appointment of officials has nothing to do with Buckland.

Officials get to come to Homers Heath many times over the course of the seasons and obviously get to know people especially players.

I strongly suspect that last nights ref Tony Cloak, has officiated Parkway on numerous occasions too ?

I have to agree though , that yesterday evening was not one of his best performances...He let Parkway get away with far too much..... As on Saturday so on Tuesday.."Hand Ball Ref"....."Hand Ball Ref"....."Hand Ball Ref"......"Hand Ball Ref"....."Hand Ball Ref"...Not a valid shout in the house, and not a single claim for a valid penalty. !!!!

Oh and BTW Tony Cloak hails from Barnstaple...Far enough outside the area for you ?

From my point of view I did not think Mr Cloak had a bad game . Quite liked the way he diffused some incidents with well placed comments .

There was a big shout for a Parkway penalty in the first few minutes as a result of a handball , I thought it was a sure thing myself , but there you go . There was also the small matter of both Jamie Bass and Callum Martindale having to come off after a couple of questionable challenges which went unpunished .

The Parkway bench was not alone in some of their comments , I was in a position to hear some of the comments directed towards the assistant from the Buckland bench . Some of it was a bit personal at times .

None of this influenced the end result , Buckland were simple the better side . Says a lot about them when you can leave players of the quality of both Dabby Gaze and Chris Wright on the bench .

We had our chance last Saturday . No complaints from me , and good luck against Bath City in the next round .

Still miffed about Mike Sampson getting served two eggs though .... :wacko:

Just got back from my weeks vacation and looked in on this F A Cup replay on Tuesday.

An enjoyble tie and played in a very sporting competitive manner -The Referee "Fabio Cappello with glasses" lookalike amused me alot with his banter.

Buckland clearly have adjusted to the higher level being much sharper on and off the ball from their Peninsula days and with the majority of last seasons players.

After taking a 3 goal lead it looked fearful for Parkway but with the second half appearance of Glyn Hobbs they had their best spell of the game and came close to making it 3-2.

Hobbs is very talented and made an immedate impact with some deft passing and then created the goal with a burst of speed he set up the Parkway goal.

Two very late goals by Buckland did flatter the scoreline but no denying the victors who have a big Cup tie to lookforward to with the visit of renowned giantkillers Bath City.

ps I do fear the worse for Porthleven who travel to Homers Heath for a F A Vase tie on Saturday.