Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - Sat Sept 8th 2012

Well i had stopped on this , but i pretty much started the topic because of saturdays ref at our game. Its pretty much refs that our here defending themselves for whatever reason and some our always on the defensive as usual. Theolderigethebetteriwas, thats a mouthful in its self. Anyway im not sure how old you are sir but perhaps the only part you missed on your post is you forgot to mention about bringing national service back. Le Boss has made a laughable but genuine post as well in saying i judge a ref on how far from the centre circle he moves, how many times do refs turn up not move from one area of the pitch and give or not give i.e. penalty decisions from 40 yds away. Then players and managers moan and you wonder why???? Mr. Manning has spoken honestly on here and has also admitted we all make errors etc both refs players managers and so on. If there are not enough referees you cannot blame it entirely on the fact that they are abused every week ie the same one? I know they get abuse because i give it. A bold statement maybe but when warranted, you should be able to voice your opinion properly. I have had refs that will straight away say sorry missed that, at which point whats left to say? NOTHING? Then you get the ref who wont here of it, me make a mistake you must be joking. :wacko: Summing up we must be entitled to an opinion as previously stated it must be channeled in the right way of which i am attempting to get right as previously i very much haven't. We cannot in the trelawney league just have a yellow book to give 50 + out of a hundred refs should in my opinion be told at the end how they faired. :) Are refs assessed from the yellow book with reference to the marks or is that just for the awards at the end.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MARKSY, Referee`s do get assessed and any referee who constantly gets poor marks will be assessed, also up until a few years ago all referee`s received their average marks from each league at the end of the season, included in that was an average mark for all referee`s on that league so you could see where your marks fell, ie above or below average.

Thanks Mr M , as a ref you can never please all, and it is a thankless task but again as stated in a previous post there are some top notch refs out there maybe the not so good ones could get some tips off them. bit like players and managers who can also at times look to higher grounds. I of course am awaiting sir alexs call as we speak. However it is only to clean the toilets at OT

Until anyone has done the job in the middle they'll have no idea how hard it is, I always took the refs for granted as a player but now I am reffing my views have changed, as marksy rightly said, it's a thankless job but someone's got to do it, without the refs where would you be on a Saturday, home twiddling your thumbs wishing you were playing footy

Thanks Mr M , as a ref you can never please all, and it is a thankless task but again as stated in a previous post there are some top notch refs out there maybe the not so good ones could get some tips off them. bit like players and managers who can also at times look to higher grounds. I of course am awaiting sir alexs call as we speak. However it is only to clean the toilets at OT

What is it about you and toilets? Surely you gave that nasty business up after you got caught last time...... :P

What is it about you and toilets? Surely you gave that nasty business up after you got caught last time...... :P

Dont bring that up on here otherwise i will start naming names :yahoo: you forget you just came back from brighton :ph34r: xxxx

Benny559 you take a ref for granted NEVER???? Even your poor dad wasnt safe when he reffed you :yahoo: