Helston Athletic 3rds 19 - 0 Clipper Bar Inn

Mabe 1 - 5 Stithians Reserves

Penwith Exiles 4 - 14 Newquay 4ths

Trevenson United Reserves 1 - 4 Ludgvan Reserves

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Just Reserves 1 Gulval 2 (Percy Stephens) St Just 1 up from a neat near post header end of first half. Gulval responded with 2 second half strikes. Decent game with Gulval having the best of the chances.

Well done Matt Williams, going a decent job. Was impressed with more than a few of the latest crop at Gulval.

Nice to be back in the thick of it.

chacewater 2 praze 2.

praze contolled most of the 1st half and went 1-0 up , chacewater had a man sent off for calling 1 of his own supporters a bitch. no-one wanted him to be sent off but thats what the ref did. the second half chacewater played with more fight and scored twice only for praze to get back to 2-2.

good game. best of luck to chacewater.

Trelawny League Div. 1

Pool Utd 1 .v. Trevenson 0

First home game of the season and another 3 points chalked up. We were made to work for it though as Trevenson were up for the game and got numbers behind the ball from the off. We dominated the first half but couldn't find the opening goal despite forcing umpteen corners. The visiting 'keeper pulled off 2 top drawer saves to keep the score level at half time. Much the same in the second half, Trevenson defending resolutely and chances going begging. Rob Penfold switched to left wing and his ball into the box found his brother Barry who scored an overhead kick and cost me a pint! We'll have to have our 'if you score, I'll buy you a pint' bet every week! Solid performances from everyone in a Pool Utd shirt, Ben Jones was our man of the match who didn't give visiting striker Luke Rosevear an inch today.

Sincerely, all the best to Trevenson FC for the season.

Div 2 - Culdrose res 3 - Storm 1

First game of the season for Culdrose, which they won by playing football on the ground on a very tidy surface. Storm are a decent side who never gave up and played some good football when Culdrose were tiring. Thanks to the player in the first half helping us out too doing us the line, very honest! Well referee'd too.

trelawney div 1

wendron 3 - threemilestone 2

Div 2 - Geachy :)

A tough game today for Wendron. Wendron started well, and edged the possession in the first 15 minutes, with a couple of half chances created. However, TMS then started winning all the tackles and headers and got on top in the game. 2 goals in the first half gave TMS a deserved lead and left Wendron a hard task but a goal on the stroke of half time gave Wendron something to build on.

The second half was a much better performance from Wendron, and once they got the equaliser pressed for the win and got the winner with 15 minutes to go.

TMS had chance to equalise but in the end Wendron showed character to come back from 2 goals down to seal the win.

Goals for Josh Davis (2) and Adam Keenan. MOTM as voted by players - Marc Blackmore.

Div 2 - Culdrose res 3 - Storm 1

First game of the season for Culdrose, which they won by playing football on the ground on a very tidy surface. Storm are a decent side who never gave up and played some good football when Culdrose were tiring. Thanks to the player in the first half helping us out too doing us the line, very honest! Well referee'd too.

Really enjoyed today's game and we at storm always felt like we were in it. Just shows u can't give away sloppy goals and we gave 2. The game was played in good spirits and great hospitality shown by the culdrose boys after one of the most enjoyable Saturday afternoons I've had in a while and we will hope to show you boys the same hospitality when you come to us

Newlyn non athletico 4 madron reserves 3...A goal two minutes from time settled this well battled enjoyable game,1-1 at half time with a penalty for newlyn and a top corner free kick from madron,The heat and fitness levels with madron playing their 1st game of the season certainly played it's part.Newlyn as always are a decent side at home and best of luck for the rest of the season because their a good set of lads.

Trelawney Division 4

Newlyn Non Athletico 4-3 Madron 2nds

Madron goals from Fran Moran,Lewis Thomas and Tristan Hunter

Good performance from our lads in our first game of the season, 3-3 with a few minutes left only to concede from a good back post header.

Decent bunch of lads at Newlyn and best of luck to them for the season.

Guest smashing pumpkin

trelawney div 1

wendron 3 - threemilestone 2

Div 2 - Geachy :)

A tough game today for Wendron. Wendron started well, and edged the possession in the first 15 minutes, with a couple of half chances created. However, TMS then started winning all the tackles and headers and got on top in the game. 2 goals in the first half gave TMS a deserved lead and left Wendron a hard task but a goal on the stroke of half time gave Wendron something to build on.

The second half was a much better performance from Wendron, and once they got the equaliser pressed for the win and got the winner with 15 minutes to go.

TMS had chance to equalise but in the end Wendron showed character to come back from 2 goals down to seal the win.

Goals for Josh Davis (2) and Adam Keenan. MOTM as voted by players - Marc Blackmore.

oh yeh div 2 not div 1 . lol

Trelawny 5

Penwith Exiles 4-14 Newquay 4ths

Newquay 4ths played very well, dominanted the game, conceded 4 sloppy goals but never really in danger of losing the game, we controlled the ball for the majority of the game, couple dodgy penalties given, 1 for each side, Penwith didn't help themselves, but credit to them as they took their chances well and tried to play football the right way, with a couple new players and players that aren't looking to start a fight every time they get tackled (fairly) they would have a fairly decent side, thanks very much for the food after the game too. Good luck for rest of the season

Titans 2-1 Falmouth Athletic Res Div 2

don't come on here ranting about refs that's what the refs say well I cannot believe the ref today, the guy turns up apparently from London on holiday. first question was would you like the subs names ref . Answer was if you want them to play? Fair enough you may say apart from his cocky attitude he then asked for the captains name and called him over and preceded to tell him he won't take no crap from any one

swearing or there off and they can appeal but I

won't listen. He then asks for our Lino and tells him he will run the line for falmouths back line and give offsides on our players and there Lino will do the same. Adding that he will give the offside decisions ??? What? He sent one off for Falmouth could of been yellow and two yellow for us which one was and the other one was for a player who's played years and never gets booked. All in all he thought in his black bandana he would make it his day and not the 22 on the field. apparently he was a level 5 ref, I'm sorry he was shocking . rant over!

Guest smashing pumpkin

don't come on here ranting about refs that's what the refs say well I cannot believe the ref today, the guy turns up apparently from London on holiday. first question was would you like the subs names ref . Answer was if you want them to play? Fair enough you may say apart from his cocky attitude he then asked for the captains name and called him over and preceded to tell him he won't take no crap from any one

won't listen. He then asks for our Lino and tells him he will run the line for falmouths back line and give offsides on our players and there Lino will do the same. Adding that he will give the offside decisions ??? What? He sent one off for Falmouth could of been yellow and two yellow for us which one was and the other one was for a player who's played years and never gets booked. All in all he thought in his black bandana he would make it his day and not the 22 on the field. apparently he was a level 5 ref, I'm sorry he was shocking . rant over!

was he wearing a bandana?

don't come on here ranting about refs that's what the refs say well I cannot believe the ref today, the guy turns up apparently from London on holiday. first question was would y

ou like the subs names ref . Answer was if you want them to play? Fair enough you may say apart from his cocky attitude he then asked for the captains name and called him over and preceded to tell him he won't take no crap from any one

won't listen. He then asks for our Lino and tells him he will run the line for falmouths back line and give offsides on our players and there Lino will do the same. Adding that he will give the offside decisions ??? What? He sent one off for Falmouth could of been

yellow and two yellow for us which one was and the other one was for a player who's played years and never gets booked. All in all

he thought in his black bandana he would make it his day and not the 22 on the field. apparently he was a level 5 ref, I'm sorry he was shocking . rant over!

Marksy,

Might appreciate us Cornish refs a bit more ?

chacewater 2 praze 2.

praze contolled most of the 1st half and went 1-0 up , chacewater had a man sent off for calling 1 of his own supporters a bitch. no-one wanted him to be sent off but thats what the ref did. the second half chacewater played with more fight and scored twice only for praze to get back to 2-2.

good game. best of luck to chacewater.

Great support for chacewater today, gutted not to get 3 points tho, we didn't make the extra man count, both teams had chances to win the game, Helston next week nice!!

Gwinear and Camborne Park not playing today. My opinion... Camborne park have lost their manager from last year... I don't know their current manager but I know that they won't be the same as last year. Players seem to have remained the same, but will the way they played last year reflect on how they do this year? I know that dave last year put a lot of time and dedication into that side despite his time serving the country abroad... I think gwinear would have won today. Ties at the top depend on manager capability and dedication. After playing under dave he starts from throw ins all the way to how you play in the final third... It will be an exciting season

sorry but dave spencer is our current manager and is top draw and think you may have been misleaded on daves help last year alll time when dave was away and still when he was back, everyone who played for park last season in such successful treble will agree that it was even playing field with both daves, dave spencer as manager has the full backing of all the players and everyone invovled in our football club and everyone has the upmost respect for what he has done for this club since it began and we are all willing to listen and workhard for him and the club, bartlam did good job when returned no doubt but it was joint effort as everyone will agree with also with pete norfolk bringing in key players it took combined effort and the game itself was meant to be played today i had no idea of the result guess we may find out next time and definitely an exciting season ahead

Marksy, Falmouth athletic moaning about ref's, could be worse eh!, any excuse! I'm sure if you appeal and your not happy and keep appealing it'll go your way eventually! Cheers Robson. )

Bluevan man whatever your gripe may be albeit from last season. If that's the case let me put you straight, so you don't look daft I'm the TItans manager. Falmouth ath have said nothing about the ref.

Gwinear and Camborne Park not playing today. My opinion... Camborne park have lost their manager from last year... I don't know their current manager but I know that they won't be the same as last year. Players seem to have remained the same, but will the way they played last year reflect on how they do this year? I know that dave last year put a lot of time and dedication into that side despite his time serving the country abroad... I think gwinear would have won today. Ties at the top depend on manager capability and dedication. After playing under dave he starts from throw ins all the way to how you play in the final third... It will be an exciting season

Can't personally see why u would even say this tbh, as its a RESULTS THREAD. Dave Bartlam did a lot for the club over last couple of years but Dave Spencer has been at the helm since the club has started and got us to div 1 before, playing football as it should be, so I'd concentrate more on your own team

Oh yeah and,,,,,,

Gwinear churchrown vs camborne park off due to no ref

The ref for the titan vs atletic game was a bit of a loon like opposite lineman's, water break ( which i needed), but i don't think he was a bad ref he wasn't one sided so thats the main thing. titans worked together better than us and played the ball around to feet more than us. If it wasn't for our keeper we would of been humiliated and we didn't create enough chances for our lone striker but I personally think it was a hard game and I enjoyed it.

Hope titans all the best for the season even though they may not need it...

Guest smashing pumpkin

Thought the Smashing Pumpkin was trying to keep the ball out of the onion bag down at Perran? Did I miss something?

you must have mangle, because im back at wendron again.

Guest smashing pumpkin

Still in goal are you? What happened at Perran, big falling out? It was a positive pre- season.

I only played a couple of pre season games for them, I went back to wendron as I like the club, yes I am in goal for the 2nds, but I played outfield for the 4th team on monday.

Trelawney 2

Mullion Res 8-1 Madron.

Madron scorer: Ving

We were missing 6 players due to cricket but mullion played some really good football at times and they scored a couple of really good goals. We knew it was going to be tough but we created 5 or 6 real good chances and if we could have put 1 or 2 away a bit earlier then we might have got something out of the game.

There was some good displays from some of the madron players, gavin hall at full back played well so did tom sleeman (both played for the 2nds last year). I was the keeper and i made a couple of good saves (saving a penalty lol)

Well done to Mullion as they fully deserved to win and i thought the ref did a decent job

Appreciate the comments one2many, agree he was not biased to either side just felt there was no need to come out with the way he wanted it played, ie linesman drinks break first half and not second, ignoring players for time left etc overall disappointing not many players would comment about other sides chances we did have quite a few one on ones and shots but as your manager said before ko he has a great goalkeeper and he certainly proved that, he was outstanding. Good luck to athletic for rest of season

div 3

ruan minor 2-1 troon

ruan took the lead in the first half i should of squared things up when cutting inside with just the keeper to beat but fired wide (happy to take the donkey off the day award!!) claypitt then scored to level things up 1-1 at the break.we played much better in the 2nd half having alot more of the ball and with time running out we were having alot of corners and pot shots from outside the box ruan scored the winner in the 90th minute when they threw everyone in our box for a free kick we didnt clear our lines and one of there lads smashed the ball into the roof of the net.goodluck to ruan for rest of season very big side with some tidy players...

i know a few of our lads were down in the dumps but keep your head up lads we defended very well.our finishing notably mine was shocking the last thing i finished was a peperami!!!

Marksy

I understand you get a little pissed off at times, but even though in your opinion your referee had a bad day and you won, do you not think that ranting about the referee actually does anything ohter than piss referee's off so they quit?

What happens then, you have no referee for your game and don't play........... in two years there is gonna be a major shortage of referee's (in my opnion being good or bad in your opinion) so get used to shopping.....

As a manager of a good local team, should you not be leading by example?

Why are clipper bar conceeding so many goals? 48 goals in 3 games is tough for any team to take, some teams don't conceed that in a season. As you say Rappo they may have played two of the three potential best sides in the league but why are they so poor conceeding that many goals this early. Certainly not good for their morale for the games ahead. Just hope they don't end up like Madron conceeding 35 goals in one game!

They are a brand new side that have never payed before. They're obviously the whipping boys but I have much more respect for them than I have the teams that are beating them, simply because they are still fielding a squad each game and fulfilling the fixtures. I think they'll be okay, obviously just need a bit of guidance and leadership

Bluevanman still living in the past i see, time to let it go mate i think, no one from athletic was moaning about the ref, the boys lost and that was it, didnt come on here moaning like a child who had his sweets stolen, time to pick your dummy up and act like a man and just let your feet do the talking and try and win the league