Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results and tables - Sat Sept 8th 2012

Ricks - I wasn't going to say anything on this debate and just let you get hammered but I'm fed up of no brainers coming on here giving people grief and knocking teams when they have a bad result.

For the record we beat St Dennis yesterday convincingly. We were 1 up in 1st minute and 3 up inside 15 . . . . for any team no matter how good you are or what level you're at that's a tall order to come back from!!

Helston lost by a similar margin yesterday - nobody on here saying they're a bad team !?

I rate St Dennis and believe on their day they'll match anyone in the league. They are the benchmark for any club in the region that has ambition and they should be congratulated on what they have achieved last few years not beaten with the ugly stick cos they got thumped yesterday.

The only thing I would say though is 1 you're lucky to have a 2nd team to call on when short, unlike us, and 2 we were also missing Jack Bartlett, Dan Tapper, Dan Warren, Joe Eke, all who would normally start in a tough fixture like this one.

Don't bite on here Lee and come May 2013 I bet you guys will be top half or higher . . . .

Dobwalls deserved the win and special mention to Harry Hook, our 3rd striker at the club, who scored his 1st, 2nd & 3rd goals of the season yesterday and was rightly m.o.t.m.

Blakey

Blakey, ur spot on mate, like u said it is rather annoying when u get people slating u on 1 or 2 performances, (the likes of helston etc dont) and not through out the season, we can be a good side we just have players that would rather go away then not book a holiday that isn't in the footy season. Lol as a club hopefully were on the up, with NO budget we got to just keep the local lads together and see were we end up, hopefully we will be another Godolphin, this is thier 5th year in this league and look at them now! Quality side, with local lads. Will have to see.

Thanks for your comments Blakey and well done on a quality performance yesterday.

Blakey

If I remember rightly you were gloating over Parkway Reserves losing the other week, knocking them when they had a bad result?

Does that make you a no brainer?

You seem to come on here and knock everyone for everything you mug . . . . . .

I feel like I've got a stalker with you !! It's like having a 2nd wife x

Your name says it all "PONS ON BY" . . . . Now stop being so aggresive and relax a little. Put a bottle of pinot in the fridge, run a hot bath and invite your boyfriend over to enjoy them both with ya.

Regards.

Blakey,

See you in about an hour then and don't forget to take that little blue pill again.

You're the greatest.

XXXXXXXX

you seem to come on here and always have an excuse of what st dennis were missing in a game. they aint good enough.

Silly comment in my opinion in view of the fact that every time Lee Ricks comes on the forum he always give an honest and fair appraisal of matches as he see's it. He said it was a "great performance" from Dobwalls but he is obviously feeling a bit frustrated that its difficult at the moment with so many players out, nothing wrong with that. St Dennis is always a difficult fixture for us (Godolphin), they were under strength last week and still gave us a big scare until their veterans began to tire quite early on. Keep plugging away Lee and when you are back to near full strength you will soon have your progress in this league back on track.

Wadebridge 2 - 0 Holsworthy

Wadebridge in control for first half hour without really creating any clear cut chances. Final 15 mins of 1st half holsworthy came back into the game, Matt Bullen (Wade) forced to make a fine save from a testing 25 yard strike. Holsworthy could have scored just before half time but for some relentless bridge defending.

2nd half different story, bridgers using possession much better and creating chances rewarded with 2 goals.

Linesman appeared to flag for a Wade goal at 0 - 0 only to drop his flag at the last minute. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, who knows.

2 wins from 2 games, tougher test expected from Hayle visiting on Tuesday night.

'Falmouth Town 0 Camelford 0. It wasn't as good as it sounds'

the state of the Falmouth pitch didnt help matters. It was hideous

As a groundsman I understand your disapointment of the pitch. The pitch is in need of "major refurbishment" as it is a old "tired" pitch. My Performance Quality Standard assessment of the pitch indicates a basic standard. You have three standards of quality, high- professional, standard-semi pro and below and basic.

I know that the pitch is crying out for a major top dress to restore levels and take out bumps among other things. Other operations to link in would be sand sliting e.t.c. Any starting point for a improved surface is drainage. The reality is the club are looking to relocate to create better facilities for the club and a new pitch, which I think is great for Falmouth Town!! I believe Camelford have a newish pitch constructed by Sandows? You cant beat a new fresh surface, as a heavy used surface for years gets tired and poa annua is a b@@@@@d to get rid of.

The weather has not helped either (wettest summer for 100 years). I have not known the weeds to fly up like they have and the incidence of Red Thread disease has increased. This has left died back grass leaves which does not help presentation. unfortunately also one game played in bad conditions at the start of the season has had a lasting effect on the playability of the pitch. A cut up pitch one day followed by hard dry weather can make it very bumpy indeed.

Every pitch is different in the sense of some pitches require less or more maintenance to reach the same standard. Soil based pitches are good for retaining nutrients in the soil but im afraid are also good at retaining WATER unless a good drainage system is in place and maintained.

Thank you for your feedback.

Mark Jones

Groundsman

Falmouth

Not having a go at any groundsman, the whole site is tired not just the pitch. Every club plays to many games on their pitches and that is the root problem for most clubs, no games equals no-one in the clubhouse, I understand that as well.

The newer clubs have benefited from the grants that are available these days. The older in town clubs have not as they cannot expand on their present sites. Village/country clubs with a nice bit of cheap land around them fit the grant criteria well and attract good money from the FA.

Look at Wendron, middle of nowhere who now have a nice set up, Older in town clubs have to move to attract that level of funding or move to raise the capital and pay for it themselves.

Camelford the same, out in the sticks can attract the funding, it just depends where you are and these clubs fit the criteria. No clubhouse/changing rooms or poor ones, out of town - you will get it for the community.

It does require a proactive attempt by the clubs involved and those that have that level of energy will achieve their goal.

i see after the tapping up hayle 1st team manager tried on danny ford.looks like he didnt really need him afterall.maybe was it to get one over the lowly marazion

have a word with yourself buddy....

all our manager did was answer the phone to danny ford when he asked if he

could come back to the club. what a silly unfounded accusation :wacko:

dont believe everything you hear lad....notice your a newby so i can understand

your confusion. just worry about your lowly marazion and everythings cool

'Falmouth Town 0 Camelford 0. It wasn't as good as it sounds'

the state of the Falmouth pitch didnt help matters. It was hideous

As a groundsman I understand your disapointment of the pitch. The pitch is in need of "major refurbishment" as it is a old "tired" pitch. My Performance Quality Standard assessment of the pitch indicates a basic standard. You have three standards of quality, high- professional, standard-semi pro and below and basic.

I know that the pitch is crying out for a major top dress to restore levels and take out bumps among other things. Other operations to link in would be sand sliting e.t.c. Any starting point for a improved surface is drainage. The reality is the club are looking to relocate to create better facilities for the club and a new pitch, which I think is great for Falmouth Town!! I believe Camelford have a newish pitch constructed by Sandows? You cant beat a new fresh surface, as a heavy used surface for years gets tired and poa annua is a b@@@@@d to get rid of.

The weather has not helped either (wettest summer for 100 years). I have not known the weeds to fly up like they have and the incidence of Red Thread disease has increased. This has left died back grass leaves which does not help presentation. unfortunately also one game played in bad conditions at the start of the season has had a lasting effect on the playability of the pitch. A cut up pitch one day followed by hard dry weather can make it very bumpy indeed.

Every pitch is different in the sense of some pitches require less or more maintenance to reach the same standard. Soil based pitches are good for retaining nutrients in the soil but im afraid are also good at retaining WATER unless a good drainage system is in place and maintained.

Thank you for your feedback.

Mark Jones

Groundsman

Falmouth

Regardless of the state of the pitch players at this level should still be able to pass the ball 10yds to a teamate, both Falmouth and Camelford had a bad day on Saturday, either giving the ball away or resorting to long high balls, the state of the pitch didn't have much to do with that.

I missed playing with my mates to be honest...! What you've said does have a little to do with my decision to rejoin St Dennis aswell...I couldn't see things changing with that. I thought I was doing ok at St Austell and scoring when I was playin but just felt things weren't guna work out for me there...being in and out the team even if I was playing well. St Austell are a great club and I will always be keepin an eye on their results.