Cornwall Football Forum

Referee Shortages

Le Boss - you're not wrong it what you say! Society has infact failed today where even Police do not get respect, so wearing a referee uniform doesn't warrent respect automatically.

When assistants are briefed they are given their responsibilities. Are you telling me that you haven't encountered in your time in football, club linesman who possibly bend the rules or who are substitutes that are just holding the flag because they have too?

As a referee you will never be right, from everyones perspective and are the first person to get the blame typically from the loosing team....

Believe it or not, hand on heart, I will not tolerate anybody holding the flag for my team to be biased or cheat but it does happen. Whilst i might not agree with some decisions in a game, if i need the ref to enable us to win a game then we are not good enough in the first place and it will catch up with you - but then i am perfect....lol

Every week on here you get people having a moan and groan about referee's performances - like THEIR performance was perfect or picked the PERFECT team, NEVER their fault. You ALL need to grow up and realise that it is only game and the man in the middle is hoping to enjoy hiself as well. For gods sake give them a break, we all make mistakes - its not the end of the world. Buy him a pint after the game and ask him nicely then about why or why not - he won't mind if you do ask in civil manner.

The comments you hear from players, managers and spectators is down to bad behavour and a lack of control from within, it borders on childishness most of the time - grow up!

Le Boss - you're not wrong it what you say! Society has infact failed today where even Police do not get respect, so wearing a referee uniform doesn't warrent respect automatically.

When assistants are briefed they are given their responsibilities. Are you telling me that you haven't encountered in your time in football, club linesman who possibly bend the rules or who are substitutes that are just holding the flag because they have too?

As a referee you will never be right, from everyones perspective and are the first person to get the blame typically from the loosing team....

]for the past 2 years i have been the linesman for my local junior team, and have never once showed any bias to my own club, plain and simple i give what i see, and on numerous occassions my own team have a pop at me rather than the opposition!! Le boss will confirm this!! So thats why i asked why is it hard not to be biased. yes i know we have all been at games where we dont agree with linesmans decisions, but your saying as a referee that you would not trust me or have confidence in my decisions before the game even started........ great!!!

how many refferies have dropped down because they could not do the fitness test.

on the subject of integrity,it is very difficult when you are involved with a club and have to give an important decision against them but at the end of the day you have to be honest otherwise nobody wins.

as a ref myself if i take a flag i am an assistant to the ref therefore i must do the job to the best of my ability,wether i be right or wrong.the trouble with the game today is that when we watch a game on tv we have countless replays that make us all experts.

Every week on here you get people having a moan and groan about referee's performances - like THEIR performance was perfect or picked the PERFECT team, NEVER their fault. You ALL need to grow up and realise that it is only game and the man in the middle is hoping to enjoy hiself as well. For gods sake give them a break, we all make mistakes - its not the end of the world. Buy him a pint after the game and ask him nicely then about why or why not - he won't mind if you do ask in civil manner.

The comments you hear from players, managers and spectators is down to bad behavour and a lack of control from within, it borders on childishness most of the time - grow up!

Wow now that is the most sencable thing thats been posted on here for years . well done you