Cornwall Football Forum

Tavy on the up???

That's always going to be the case, other players have to step up to the plate, some may not have the same amount of ability but that isn't everything at this level, more than likely they will be prepared to do the ugly side without the ball where as the "big time Charlie's " are not. Organisation and work ethic is just as important.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I gather the only disruptive figures that moved on were Alexander (constantly moaning and running down team mate) and Barwell (All round bad apple), Losing any of the others surely cannot be classed as a positive. I dont think theirs a Peninsula side in the league that could lose the quality of Hobbs, White, Kiely ect.... without it weakening and damaging any faint hopes of silverwear. Tavi's starting 11 is still very strong and with Rooke coming through they have unearthed a potential gem, But is their squad strong enough to mantain their great start??? I have my doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Tavvy on the down more like, out of the fa cup and the vase in the first round,5 league losses, 4 on the bounce. Have not beat a good team yet this season,an average blazey team putting 4 past them, seeing as though they have the biggest budget in the league I would predict its going to be yet another under achieving season for southy and his troops, however there still in the st lukes bowl dohnut cup so all is not lost.

Kind regards

Shaun smith (silent pheonix)

Don't think Tavistock are dead and buried quite yet. That average St Blazey side they lost to last night are sitting top of the league at the moment, with with wins against Saltash and Tavistock and draws against Elburton, Camelford, Ivybridge and Bodmin. I don't think an average side would have avoided defeat against all of those sides.

Tavistock have lost those other three games to Bodmin and Parkway, obviously two of the best sides in the league, and St Austell who are pretty handy themselves.