Cornwall Football Forum

Marazion Reserves...

That got your attention... :ph34r:

I think it's about time people stopped talking about the whole situation at Marazion. Get over it! There's been a few individuals on here that don't seem to talk about anything but that team! Who cares who they have? Who cares where they have played before? Who cares... Seriously? Get over it

I play for Gwinear, we're due to meet Marazion Reserves in this league and all I can say is.... Well, that's all I can say. We will field 11, they will field 11... That's football! I say good on them if that club has a strong reserve squad... With all due respect, if it was like Clipper last night, would you rather win 17-0 with no challenge whatsoever or lose 3-0 and walking off the pitch knowing you had a bloody good hard game?

My point being, just give them a break. If people are really that jealous of that squad where they feel the need to talk about the and their "superstars, first team/second team/senior players" then well... You really need to get a girlfriend because it's rather boring now.

I posted this here as I didnt know on which of the other 7 threads relationg to Marazion to pick!!!

All the best to them I say, I know for a fact I'll look forward to playing them, as will alot of teams :)

:D

That got your attention... :ph34r:

I think it's about time people stopped talking about the whole situation at Marazion. Get over it! There's been a few individuals on here that don't seem to talk about anything but that team! Who cares who they have? Who cares where they have played before? Who cares... Seriously? Get over it

I play for Gwinear, we're due to meet Marazion Reserves in this league and all I can say is.... Well, that's all I can say. We will field 11, they will field 11... That's football! I say good on them if that club has a strong reserve squad... With all due respect, if it was like Clipper last night, would you rather win 17-0 with no challenge whatsoever or lose 3-0 and walking off the pitch knowing you had a bloody good hard game?

My point being, just give them a break. If people are really that jealous of that squad where they feel the need to talk about the and their "superstars, first team/second team/senior players" then well... You really need to get a girlfriend because it's rather boring now.

I posted this here as I didnt know on which of the other 7 threads relationg to Marazion to pick!!!

All the best to them I say, I know for a fact I'll look forward to playing them, as will alot of teams :)

:D

Love it...!!!! Best thread on here yet......and thank you Dange'rous although I have a feeling that this wont be the last of it...!!!

Guest BenTheYeti

Fully in agreement with you lad, I've played in a team that was full of so called players that were playing 2 or 3 divisions lower than they should have been, (apart from me of course.. I just turned up and put me boots on) and every team we came up against as the season wore on wanted to play harder, tougher, stronger, and most importantly, better against us. Any team that came off the field with something from their respective game against us, felt like they'd really earned it.

On the flip slide, I've also played in games where we've expected to be walloped, and yet managed to get something from the game (a last minute equaliser that was celebrated like a cup final winning goal against Culdrose Reserves last season comes first to mind) and the feeling in the changing room afterwards is that you've all pulled together and achieved something as a group of mates

And that, at the end of the day, is what football is about at this level. It doesn't matter who plays for who in what division.. they're doing it cos they're enjoying kicking a football around a park.

you cud ask any players from storm or penwith exiles.they probably wuldnt have a bad word to say about us.as its been pointed out were just mates that wanna play football together.win lose or draw our attitudes to the game and opposition team will remain the same.we play for our love of the game..

This Marazion bashing is getting really boring..

I think StokeFan has an obsession with them! Seems that hes worried about abit of competition!

heard on the grapevine marazion reserves have put in 7 days for stokefan as he likes them that much,

dont know what your problem is i expressed an opinion like others did thanks

I think StokeFan has an obsession with them! Seems that hes worried about abit of competition!

heard on the grapevine marazion reserves have put in 7 days for stokefan as he likes them that much,

just making a point that if you chuck something out there someone will bite, yours was just the first name i cam across stokefan, no malice meant mate.

if people dont like the way leagues and teams are organised and arranged then go play in a different league or for a different team

all this whining wont mean that a certain team is going to be moved out of your league or not have certain players in their line up,

football is all about having a laugh whether you win 10-0 lose 10-0 or draw 5-5

id sign for marazion rezzies but i dont think they would fit mine and danny fords egos in the dug out together, let alone my waistline on its own!

just making a point that if you chuck something out there someone will bite, yours was just the first name i cam across stokefan, no malice meant mate.

if people dont like the way leagues and teams are organised and arranged then go play in a different league or for a different team

all this whining wont mean that a certain team is going to be moved out of your league or not have certain players in their line up,

id sign for marazion rezzies but i dont think they would fit mine and danny fords egos in the dug out together, let alone my waistline on its own!

thats fair enough, yh i agree im looking forward to playing them tbh big games are why we play and to enjoy it and have laugh and get drunk with mates

In fairness, marazion first team deserve the chance to play where they got the club too

Stoke fan was just pointing out facts that everyone else was thinking tbh

I played marazion 2nds few wks ago and can tell you they are gd bunch and you could tell they enjoyed playing footy together which is what junior football is all about.

Unfortunately our 1st team will be competing in the junior cup so we will not get a chance to go up against higher league teams, which will be a shame. As the elder statesman of the team, it is great to have players such as Matty, Liam, Craig and Fordy willing to drop down and play with their mates for the crack of it on a saturday. Must say though that the majority of the team could and have played Combo football, including myself last year, and it really aint all that its made out to be. A bit quicker thats all, but seem to get more time on the ball with fewer rash challenges. Yes, we should do well this year in Trelawney 5 but like its been said before, we've got to start somewhere being a 'new' team. If we had stayed at Hayle with Stevie, we would be playing Div 2 this season, but I can imagine we would lose the same 4/5 players to the Combo team week in week out, destroying the balance of our own team. I certainly play for the manager , a good friend for many years, and likewise with most of the boys. Thats why we decided to start a fresh at a new club, and thankful Marazion have given us the opportunity. We will surely help the 1sts out if required over the season but they have their own collective spirit and deserved promotion and to play where they are. My personal target is to get the club back playing Combo football before I have to hang my boots up as the pitch deserves a high standard of footy to be played on it. If we can keep the players together it will be a good possibility.

The reason the better players would be moved up the teams at hayle because that is how a proper football club is run! Just like any successful club . U got a lot of ambition if you want them in the combo. Trust me soon as the offer comes from another club for the reserves to play in a higher division they all will leave and take the team over. It's not about marazion it's about "Steves" team. And please don't take this personally any1 at marazion just what I can see happening

I can totally agree with wanting to play with mates but does that have to be done in div 5? I'm sure there are plenty of sides around the combo/trelawney team that would take on the players named as there quality is known by most if not all!!! Makes u question wether the enjoyment is coming through playing with mates or scoring double figures each week?

I know nothing about the Trelawney League to be honest, but what does it matter who is playing for who as long as everything is above board?? I played senior football for almost all of my career ( as such ) but have dropped down to help out a mates team in the past, although I did personally make sure I was properly reinstated to do so. I have also turned down several offers of playing in higher leagues to stay where I was because of who the manager was at my club and the fact a lot of my friends and, at the time extended family ( the soon to be ex wifes cousins to be precise ) played there.

If a bunch of mates want to play together then fair play to them, if they are playing way below their standard then so what.