Cornwall Football Forum

Heard yesterday that Glyn has indeed moved back to Parkway . Speaking to the guys that I stand with at the ground , we all seem to have mixed feelings about this and what it will do for the team dynamic of the club . Hoping that we get the man who was virtually unplayable at the start of last season , and not the man that I saw playing for Tavvy at the end of the season who looked unfit and uninterested .

Fairly safe to say that he needs to win a few people over .Lots of talent,but lots of questions as well .

Seems to all be a big game to this guy. No loyalty whatsoever!

Not sure why a team would want someone like this at their club?

Turn up half cut, decide whether he wants to put a shift in and play well or not, pick up his packet, and goes home...

I suppose the only thing he is good for is the fact that he does score goals when he wants to (like the 3 unstoppable screamers he put past st.austell at the end of last season!)

Just seems like his head is a long way from being in the right place

From the outside looking in I think this is a strange one on all fronts - Bodmin's & Glynn's.

Maybe he's going Bodmin cos someone else is on their way out !? Maybe Newquay will try and encourage Chris Luxton back.

All I know is Carter, O'Hagan, Hobbs & Luxton is an outstanding strike force but 4 into 2 doesn't go so most weeks 1 or 2 of thos big big names will be suffering splinter syndrome . . . .

For what it's worth my opinion would be staying at Parkway would have been Glynn's best option - on the doorstep, manager that he knows inside out and who knows him and probably more chance of playing each week to help with his fitness issues. Can't imagine there would be much difference in the contents of his brown envelope either . . . . but hey ho what do I know!!

Perhaps Bodmin are readying themselves for Promotion next year up the pyramid with a strong squad with depth in numbers?!

Best of luck to all concerned I say and remember it's only a game.

Blakey

• 2 weeks later...

No sign at Bodmin of Hobbs, from reading earlier posts i guess he has decided to stay and play for Plymouth Parkway, i was quite looking forward to seeing him play in a Bodmin shirt, a very good player who can change a game in a heart beat. It must have been just another rumour.

If Bodmin do manage the capture of Hobbs I think it will undoubtedly add to their already freightening firepower. And if Gilbert does manage to strip 2 stone off him, he'll have the most naturally gifted player iv seen playing local football in the last decade at his disposal. Bad news for the already inferior chasing pack if you ask me.

If Bodmin do manage the capture of Hobbs I think it will undoubtedly add to their already freightening firepower. And if Gilbert does manage to strip 2 stone off him, he'll have the most naturally gifted player iv seen playing local football in the last decade at his disposal. Bad news for the already inferior chasing pack if you ask me.

He is the most naturally talented footballer I have seen playing South Western/Peninsula League football in the past 10 years . I would even go as far as comparing him to Bradley Swiggs in terms of football ability . Should be at the peak of his abilities now and playing a much higher level .

glyn hobbs is indeed one of the best footballers in the peninsula and has time for any football be it park, training with his buddies at p and d level, youth, nurtuing his very capable nephew, or playing at western league standard as he presented for the plymouth cup tie

for glyn to be fully utilised and appreciated , forgetting the financial aspect he needs a good manager and coach to bring him to a team and implement him professionally

glynns ability is without doubt up with the best and with good team and tactics he can prove consistent worth

bodmin seems an ideal platform with doely and kraccy to work with so i look forward to seeing him in action, hope bodmin benefit from his presence and fans appreciate his talent before history or naivety

Tweeted this morning that signed for Bodmin in time for their game today v Tavistock!

Thus joining Shane White and Tom Barwell in the "three clubs before the end of September " club .

Who will be the first to four clubs ? :(

think you will find shane white has had two tavi/ torpoint