Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United 4 St Austell 0

Last night was the worst performance I've seen from St.Austell for a very long time! They didn't seem to create ANYTHING going forward whatsoever, and I'm not sure the Saltash keeper had a save to make all game...?

Let's hope the lack of being able to 'score goals' doesn't come back to haunt St.Austell!

In summary for me from the stands, a very very poor performance from the away team who lacked creativity going forward, and a very strong, well organised performance by Saltash.

Away to Torpoint Saturday. Time to put last night behind them and put things right for Saturday!

Last night was the worst performance I've seen from St.Austell for a very long time! They didn't seem to create ANYTHING going forward whatsoever, and I'm not sure the Saltash keeper had a save to make all game...?

Let's hope the lack of being able to 'score goals' doesn't come back to haunt St.Austell!

In summary for me from the stands, a very very poor performance from the away team who lacked creativity going forward, and a very strong, well organised performance by Saltash.

Home to Torpoint Saturday. Time to put last night behind them and put things right for Saturday!

Away to Torpoint isn't it?

Anyway, agree about last night. 1st half a bit like early stages at Launceston and the Ashes deservedly went in 1 up. St.Austell had long periods of possession in the 2nd half but didn't create one decent chance. Saltash then kept breaking at speed and after Tom Smith unluckily turned a cross into his own net we 'fell apart' in the last few minutes allowing the home side to score 2 more with quick breaks. Didn't really see that coming - poor performance but well done Saltash who were quicker and sharper than us on the night.