Cornwall Football Forum

Top Local Derby at Priory Park Bodmin - Wednesday 5th Sept k.o. 7.30pm

Starting line ups:-

Bodmin: Miller, Reed, Morgan, Chambers, Simmonds, Brokenshire, Krac, Carter, Slateford, Doel

subs: Swiggs, Luxton, Matthews, Hodge, Gilbert

St Blazey: Painter, King, Yeoman, West, Evans, Bennett, Sleeman, Swain, Coombes, Broomfield, Sims

subs: Hoyles, D Bance, Penwill, Daw, A Bance

Bodmin 2 v 2 St Blazey.

A great advert for local football. 2 teams giving everything for the 3 points. After Coombes crossed for Broomfield to head home after 2 minutes St Blazey looked strong and knocked the ball round well. Bodmin looked more of a threat playing route one and the goal came from Miller taking a long free kick that ended with a one two and neat finsh to make it 1-1.

St Blazey held on and out of nothing made it 1v2. Coombes holding the ball up a quick one two and a quality strike first time left Miller no chance. Probably the best goal weve scored this season. Bodmin had no answer before half time. H.T 1v2.

Gilbert gave the Bodmin team a earfull at half time but it was St Blazey who looked like making it 1v3. Coombes on the end of simms low cross and the slightest deflection put it wide. Then Simms broke down the left and smashed a great low effort that made Miller stretch and push round the post.

St Blazey then looked to get pushed back and the Ref started picking on just about anything. Ball after ball put in the box and it looked like it was only time before Bodmin scored but for some poor finishing and some cracking saves from Painter in goal. Ironic then that after Painter pulled of a cracking save that hit the bar and went out that Miller said himself how did he get to that (well words to that effect) that he should spill a looking header for Bodmin to make it 2-2.

After that Bodmin had chances but St Blazey could have nicked it. Big shout for a penalty which the Ref deemed outside the box and the resulting free kick was headed just wide.

Final score 2-2. Att 150+

Bodmin look strong and will take some stopping. St Blazey look the part and they are playing some great football. Bobby must be proud of his team and Captain Paddy West driving the team forward and encouraging all the time. Great to watch the greens getting some great results. :thumbsup:

Even the vultures are sniffing round. :ninja: Players being approached but hey, lets be honest, who wants to leave for mid table obsurity!!! Stay and be part of the top of the table push. The place to be!!! :D

Keep it going St Blazey, great stuff.

Next up, Ivybridge away and then Bishop Sutton in the F.A Vase.

Quite an amazing turn around. This isnt about throwing mega money at it either. This is about getting quality players and forming a team spirit. Hearing the players after the game, they were very pleased with their nights work. So they should be. :drink:

You might want to put your ear a bit closer to the ground Paul. I remember one of your player's Dad's travelling from East of the Tamar down to my local club Porthleven quite a few years back for big bucks - don't think his son would be playing for your club if there was no money on offer, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say.

Can't believe you guys are still on about BUGETS again. Back to the game, very impressed with the Blazey squad last night. I could nt understand where the ref got 6 mins extra time in the 1st half. Oh I forgot Bodmin were trailing 2 1, but Blazey nearly scored in the last min of the first half. In the second half the linesmen missed a hand ball and was never up with play. Nice to see that sometime the luck was on the away team for once. A draw a fair result but if Blazey took their chances early in the second half could have been a very different result. Blazeys number 9 was outstanding. Looking forward to the St Austell derby shall be a great game.

Quite an amazing turn around. This isnt about throwing mega money at it either. This is about getting quality players and forming a team spirit. Hearing the players after the game, they were very pleased with their nights work. So they should be. :drink:

You might want to put your ear a bit closer to the ground Paul. I remember one of your player's Dad's travelling from East of the Tamar down to my local club Porthleven quite a few years back for big bucks - don't think his son would be playing for your club if there was no money on offer, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say.

Who cares about the money, Paul?

You started it by trying to make out it was some managerial wizardry...clearly money is being spent on a scale that is higher than average, otherwise, why would a player with no history with the club materialise last season in the mass signings made towards the end of the season along with some well known money orientated players and then still be there this season, along with other players from teams higher in the pyramid?

I see the boy Swain has played the last few seasons in a higher league...

Money being thrown...don't try and make it into something it's not - this is the SWPL, money talks, young men want it, end of.

There seems to be an obsession on here about money,how many supporters travel,how many players can't play in a game.Let's accept it all for what it is and enjoy the game and the banter.No true football fan wants to see another club go under and my feeling is that there was less c..p around before these forums.

Well said Chairman, I remember when I was manager at Wadebridge a certain poster kept on and on about the funding spent on changing rooms at Bodieve Park, always chipping away...very annoying and unfounded too, but we all make mistakes and I'm glad you've now decided to enjoy the banter and the game and accept it for what it is.

P.S - the only people obssessed with fans and how many attend are from St. Blazey too, from what I read on here...just banter - enjoy your weekend matches and good luck to all! :D

Stuart, always a good stat to see how many are at each match. Sadly its getting less and less each year nearly everywhere you go. :(

Quite a few off us off to Ivybridge tomorrow. Looking forward to it and hopefully can get a sneaky 3 points at Torquay. :thumbsup:

Stuart, always a good stat to see how many are at each match. Sadly its getting less and less each year nearly everywhere you go. :(

Quite a few off us off to Ivybridge tomorrow. Looking forward to it and hopefully can get a sneaky 3 points at Torquay. :thumbsup:

Good luck, but I think PAFC will need it more! :smiley20: