Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Hi Everyone

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

If anyone who does text me info want to join my texting service where I text them a results round-up, when they are all the scores are in, then when you text me in any info this evening I will add you to my list as long as you tell me your name. For example if you text tonight Team A25-1 Team B, attendance 24, scorers player Z x 2 for Team A, player Y for team B, texts to john Smith then that is perfect.

Cornwall Combination League

4th September 2012

Goonhavern Athletic (Chris Sturgess, Joe Carlyon, Ben Lawrence, Paul Robertson) 4-0 Newquay Reserves

Att - 44

Hayle Reserves (Kane Williams, Dan Scorer, AJ Lilley) 3-1 Troon Ashley Smeeth)

Att - 30

Ludgvan (Gerran James 3, Mark Richards) 4-1 Holman SC (Rikki Smith)

Att - 75

Mullion (Rob Carey, Alan Thomas, Ben Wormington) 3-2 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Steve Kellow, Dave Broglino)

Att - 45

Perranwell (Chris Madeley) 1-2 Illogan RBL (James Martin, Simon Carter)

Att - 64

St Day (Shane Richards 2) 2-3 St Agnes (Mike Burn 2, Dan O'toole)

Att - 60

St Ives Town (Ryan Bushby) 1-1 Pendeen Rovers Ashley Ellis)

Att - 52

St Just (Stuart Nicholls 2) 2-4 RNAS Culdrose (Jack Valentine, David Macphee, Alan McInnes, OG)

Att - 28

Wendron United (Ryan Tresidder, Rob Dunne, Justin Searle) 3-1 Porthleven Reserves ( Gavin Perraton)

Att -70

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENDEEN ROVERS 6 4 2 0 12 6 6 14

2 ILLOGAN RBL 6 4 1 1 15 6 9 13

3 MULLION 6 4 1 1 17 11 6 13

4 ST AGNES 6 4 0 2 23 14 9 12

5 ST IVES TOWN 6 3 3 0 13 8 5 12

6 GOONHARVEN ATHLETIC 5 3 1 1 12 8 4 10

7 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 4 3 0 1 15 6 9 9

8 WENDRON UNITED 6 3 0 3 15 13 2 9

9 ST DAY 5 2 2 1 11 7 4 8

10 PERRANWELL 6 2 2 2 11 10 1 8

11 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 5 2 1 2 7 7 0 7

12 HAYLE RESERVES 5 2 1 2 10 12 -2 7

13 ST JUST 6 2 0 4 11 12 -1 6

14 LUDGVAN 6 2 0 4 13 16 -3 6

15 RNAS CULDROSE 2 1 1 0 5 3 2 4

16 NEWQUAY RESERVES 6 1 1 4 4 17 -13 4

17 TROON 5 1 0 4 11 11 0 3

18 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 4 1 0 3 7 18 -11 3

19 HOLMAN SC 6 1 0 5 6 25 -19 3

20 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 5 0 0 5 6 14 -8 0

good experienced side at goonhavern

newquay tried hard but with just teo players over the age of 18 it was always going to be struggle

couple of points for the goonhavern number 9 though

1. If you would like to refer to me as Fat B****** please put Mr at the beginning

2. If you put as much effort into moaning at the lino as you did into getting back onside then you would not have to moan at the lino half as much.

good young side the peppermints will have in the future and a good older side goonhavern have

St Ives 1 v 1 pendeen. 7 mins and 36 seconds of

Injury time in the dark at the second half. No major injuries yet that was conjured up, pendeen equalised in the 50 minute of the half on the dark. Tight game not many chances st Ives opened the scoring in the 1st minute.

Dagerags your correct in saying there were no major injuries, you failed to mention the ref stopped his watch on the numerious times st. ives spent time wasting. a good game and a draw a fair result. best wishes to st. ives for the season.

Injury time in the dark at the second half. No major injuries yet that was conjured up, pendeen equalised in the 50 minute of the half on the dark. Tight game not many chances st Ives opened the scoring in the 1st minute.

Dagerags your correct in saying there were no major injuries, you failed to mention the ref stopped his watch on the numerious times st. ives spent time wasting. a good game and a draw a fair result. best wishes to st. ives for the season.

The youngsters of Pendeen showed once again that they will not lay down and die, St Ives have a very strong and experienced side and thought the game was going to be easy for them.far from the truth,Pendeen matched them all over the park.The ref stopped and started the game to much,gave out silly yellow cards, not 1 bad challenge all game,for me only 1 player deserved a yellow,that was the big cigar Ian hodge, persistant fouls,and he didnt get a card.No doubt St Ives will be there or thereabouts at end of season,very strong squad.As for Pendeen , keep it going lads ,great effort and deserved it.Ps Ian hodge put the cigar out mate, we all no what standard you have played at, and how good you are.just get on with it,your playing combo now.

justsomerandom, I managed to watch this game and it was obviously not the game you were watching, in fact the referee had a good game, no major mistakes, all decisions correct especially the yellow cards they were spot on, I will go so far as to say one of the better performances from a referee I have seen on the combo. This is reference the Perranwell v Illogan game.

justsomerandom, I managed to watch this game and it was obviously not the game you were watching, in fact the referee had a good game, no major mistakes, all decisions correct especially the yellow cards they were spot on, I will go so far as to say one of the better performances from a referee I have seen on the combo. This is reference the Perranwell v Illogan game.

I would completely agree, the ref had a great game. Reasoned every decision made even with the amount of back chat he received!

big bad barry.

i agree to a point jason will give you 110% everytime he puts the shirt on but on last nights performance he was trying to do everything and got frustrated. we spoke after the game and jason knows what i mean.i only wish we could find another 13 like him then we would not be in so much trouble.still at least we will not be defeated on saturday as we have no game :P

The youngsters of Pendeen showed once again that they will not lay down and die, St Ives have a very strong and experienced side and thought the game was going to be easy for them.far from the truth,Pendeen matched them all over the park.The ref stopped and started the game to much,gave out silly yellow cards, not 1 bad challenge all game,for me only 1 player deserved a yellow,that was the big cigar Ian hodge, persistant fouls,and he didnt get a card.No doubt St Ives will be there or thereabouts at end of season,very strong squad.As for Pendeen , keep it going lads ,great effort and deserved it.Ps Ian hodge put the cigar out mate, we all no what standard you have played at, and how good you are.just get on with it,your playing combo now.

I would of thought we should be encouraging and welcoming people of the quality of Ian Hodges playing in the Combination League rather than slagging them off. Surely the youngsters at Pendeen like to test themselves against good players. When someone is good at what they do we seem to try and put them down in this country, I thought with the example set by the Olympics this might have changed but obviously not in Pendeen....

l

I would of thought we should be encouraging and welcoming people of the quality of Ian Hodges playing in the Combination League rather than slagging them off. Surely the youngsters at Pendeen like to test themselves against good players. When someone is good at what they do we seem to try and put them down in this country, I thought with the example set by the Olympics this might have changed but obviously not in Pendeen....

l

Best player in the league by a long way

l

I agree it's great to see Ian playing in combo, and for sure 1 of the best in this league.that doesn't mean u can go around the pitch slagging off all the youngsters ,telling them who you are and what uve done,just get on with it,he's a typical x pro,big fish