Cornwall Football Forum

Friendly Result Tuesday

Guest helstons14

Guest helstons14

Helston 2nds (Div 1) 2 Penryn Combo 3

2-nil up until 80th minute. 3 Goals conceded in the blink of an eye. Still if we can match a combo side for most of the game then we should be ok in division 1 this year.

Goalscorers Rob Eddy and Jacob Johnson.

not a bad result mutts, i believe that it was a real good game to watch

Regan said that jonny cole had an excellent game and some guy called neil? played well when in possesion is abbo going to be commited this year (to football not the funny farm) he will be a real asset if he does.

i think Helston look good for a top 3 place this year

Guest helstons14

Yeah Jonny and Neil are a class centre back pairing who complement each other really well, Neil is the ball winner and Jonny sweeps in behind.

Rob says he is committed this year, but if he is he will probably end up in the first team, but still who knows?

How we lost that game i don't know, 2 nil up with 10mins left, lost our shape a bit when the subs came on. But still a good result considering we led for most of the game against a side a league higher than ourselves.

Guest BenTimmo

Yeh, I think it was mostly due to the subsitutions.. once Simon and Mark went off it gave the defence far more time on the ball, meaning that Penryn could play from the back and establish themselves in the game. Plus a few silly slip ups from Helston, and the game changed.