Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any info.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

1st September 2012

Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Wort 4, Ben Ambrose 3, Steve Brewer) 8-0 Holman SC

Att - 45

Hayle Reserves (AJ Lilley) 1-1 Newquay Reserves (Sam Hill)

Att - 39

Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen, James Martin) 2-0 Mullion

Att - 55

Pendeen Rovers (Luke May) 1-1 St Day (Shane Richards)

Att - 60

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Steve Allen) 1-2 Goonhavern Athletic (Ian Gosling, Luke Brown)

Att - 50

Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perraton) 1-3 St Just (Darren Steadman 2, Chris Curnow)

Att - 25

RNAS Culdrose (Jack Valentine) 1-1 Perranwell (Matt Rose)

Att - 14

St Agnes (Duane Britton 3, Luke Osbourne 2, Nick Perry 2, Mike Burn, Dan O'Toole) 9-1 Falmouth Athletic (Adam Barnicoat)

Att - 50

Troon (Ashley Smeeth 5, Jamie Marles 2) 7-2 Ludgvan (Ashley Thomas 2)

Att - 45

Wendron United 0-3 St Ives Town (Joel McWilliams 2, Jowan May)

Att - 40

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENDEEN ROVERS 5 4 1 0 11 5 6 13

2 ST IVES TOWN 5 3 2 0 12 7 5 11

3 ILLOGAN RBL 5 3 1 1 13 5 8 10

4 MULLION 5 3 1 1 14 9 5 10

5 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 4 3 0 1 15 6 9 9

6 ST AGNES 5 3 0 2 20 12 8 9

7 ST DAY 4 2 2 0 9 4 5 8

8 PERRANWELL 5 2 2 1 10 8 2 8

9 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 4 2 1 1 6 5 1 7

10 GOONHARVEN ATHLETIC 4 2 1 1 8 8 0 7

11 ST JUST 5 2 0 3 9 8 1 6

12 WENDRON UNITED 5 2 0 3 12 12 0 6

13 HAYLE RESERVES 4 1 1 2 7 11 -4 4

14 NEWQUAY RESERVES 5 1 1 3 4 13 -9 4

15 TROON 4 1 0 3 10 8 2 3

16 LUDGVAN 5 1 0 4 9 15 -6 3

17 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 4 1 0 3 7 18 -11 3

18 HOLMAN SC 5 1 0 4 5 21 -16 3

19 RNAS CULDROSE 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

20 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 4 0 0 4 5 11 -6 0

Culdrose 1 - 1 perranwell

Att: 20

Perranwell dominated the whole game went 1-0 down from a under hit back pass that the culdrose striker finished well

Perranwell scored with 2 to play Matt rose with a diving header to salvage a point!

Perranwell deserved the win but all credit to culdrose for defending strongly especially their keeper who had a blinder!

Felt for holmans today, short due to cricket and other call ups, they were well in it up to half time probably even disappointed to be 1 down at the break. Game was over 3 minutes in to the second half goals in the 46, 47 and 48th minutes saw town 4 up and seemingly able to pick holmans off at will, they gave us a few scares toward the end but it was really men against boys 2nd half, pitty will no doubt write a much better report in due course.

Falmouth town 8 holmans 0

Luke wort 4 Ben ambrose 3 Steve brewer 1

Porthleven Res 1 - St Just 3.

Scorers for St Just - Darren Steadman 2, Chris Curnow 1. Sorry don't know who scored for Porthleven.

Both teams played well, especially considering it was a hot afternoon. Sad news for St Just fans before the start was that Callum George has left us and gone to Penzance. Our loss is Penzance's gain - I wish you well Callum - we will miss your striking talent.

Well done Tinners, that's six points in two games. Keep it up !

penzance budget must have massively increased! I hear they are flashing the cash.

Scorers for St Just - Darren Steadman 2, Chris Curnow 1. Sorry don't know who scored for Porthleven.

Both teams played well, especially considering it was a hot afternoon. Sad news for St Just fans before the start was that Callum George has left us and gone to Penzance. Our loss is Penzance's gain - I wish you well Callum - we will miss your striking talent.

penzance budget must have massively increased! I hear they are flashing the cash.

I would just like to correct you on your comment. I can assure you that there is NO budget at Penzance and that your comments are insulting to the lads that have joined the club in the last few days. you make it sound as if these players are chasing money. They are not that kind of players, just youngsters who want to try their hand playing in the highest standard they can.

but why do they want to loose every week? i understand playing a high standard ! but all these boys are only young there all playing in teams that will finish top half of the table! this will knock there confidance out the window !crazy move by good youngsters next i will hear they have sighned marcus arthur !!!

tyringham ghost - hope you are not including me in that statement sir - you will note that I simply said, I was sorry that Callum George had left us - I did not mention money.

Penzance res went down - these players have not gone to a higher level ? That said, Callum will undoubtedly play at the highest level if he continues to improve - he's definitely one for the future. Good luck to him.

No Keith B I was not including you in my comment merely A.N.Others reply to your comment. I am sure your comment was made in all sincerity and greatly appreciated by young Callum, who I might add did not look out of place yesterday and even had a perfectly good goal ruled out. My apologies if it looked like I was including you. I do however get annoyed when people start rumours that are totally untrue.

Falmouth 8-0 Holman sports club

Ht 1-0

Att 30

Not the greatest Saturday afternoon ive ever had at football but thought I'd get the excuses in early as it would appear that our entire defence had been stolen on the way back from last Tuesdays game at pendeen and we looked everywhere including KFC at Penzance but it appears they have been kidnapped by Somali pirates on a booze cruise around st michaels mount but who have kindly said we can have them back for Tuesday at ludgvan.....Kiz o Connor was last seen heading off for his birthday party at the jungle barn to play in the ball pool, the weather let us down yet again with bloody bright sunshine so the cricketers all played the stupid game of standing around all afternoon doing sod all and Alex is popping it up on his brothers stag night in Blackpool.....who gets married in the football season isn't that against fifas laws of the game their was also a couple of others with "work" commitments but you can only play with what you have so we managed to bolt a side together and signed 2 lads who we grabbed and threw in the boot as we drove through penryn so not the greatest preperation you could say......luckily paul billings followed the flare we sent up and found the ground which was great just a shame the culdrose search and rescue helicopter and falmouth coastguard turned up as well....looking back we missed a trick there and should of signed a couple on!!! Im thinking of using club funds next week and buying a searchlight to shine in the sky and see if we can get batman!!!

Luckily we had our manager tasky with us which was 1 better then Falmouth as Paul was unavailable! All I can say is their was a rumour going around the Falmouth town clubhouse after the game that one Paul Murray had been seen leaving the car park dressed in a JLS/Little Mix concert tour t shirt and was heading for Exeter looking as excited as a kid at Xmas :)

So on to the game bit of trepidation in the away team dressing room as we were expecting a bit of a tonking against the league champs with a bare 11 and we banned anyone from getting injured but we were buoyed by the fact jase had stopped moaning about the fact he had to play centre half with me and miraculously won the toss which is well helpful at Falmouth on a flat pitch with no wind!!! Well done jase :). Falmouth looked at full strength apart from two of their subs who had stormed off too toys r us to buy some cabbage patch kids to throw about and we were taken by surprise that after 10min we were still in the game and actually looking quite competitive. Resident emo kid Aaron Meridith fresh from being up all night partying at his house was looking menacing down the left and had appeared to use the superglue I'd given him before the match and stuck the ball to his feet, it's just a shame having superglue on your foot makes you rubbish at shooting as we could have had a couple of goals but alas scoffy was keeping us out. In midfield rikki smith was running around like a man possessed so all in all things were looking good even going so far as Ben ambrose having a ronnie rosential/Fernando Torres moment and playing the open goal crossbar challenge from 6 yards out!!!........sadly the luck couldn't last and jase decided in honour of Adam "hatchet job" gill from last week to become jase "the hitman" blight scything Ben ambrose down in the penalty area. Luke wort stepped up and Ben true to form was nowhere near it and Falmouth were 1-0 up which was a shame luckily we didn't trigger the collapse just then and thought we would save it for later and managed to get to half time 1-0

Still being in the game the halftime team talk was vitally important and thinking about it now it might have been a mistake to put the DVD "101 great car crash moments" on. with the cliche "keep it tight" ringing in our ears as we stepped out I can't really comment much on the 2nd half as I've erased it from my memory....needless to say not the greatest start as after 50 mins we were 4-0 down and game over. Probably at 5-0 down it wasn't the best idea to suddenly seem to have 4 forwards but alas that's the holmans way lol why lose by 5 when it's much more embarrassing to lose by 8. Falmouth had time for one more penalty as mark "barely touched him" Richards brought a player down in the box all I'm going to say was it was theatrical in my opinion but hey at 6 goals down what's one more between friends :). Luke Wort dispatched it for his 4th goal but I really think Ben could have tried harder as going to sit up in the stand was probably not the right technique :) (that's 4 penalties in 5 games now!!!)

So a bit of a hammering in the 2nd half and we get to go back to falmouth in the league cup so that will be nice.

hopefully we can turn it around on Tuesday at ludgvan I'm unfortunately back in Portsmouth this week deep joy so no match report tuesday unless i make one up and with no game next week our first game at blaythorne against the much fancied st day will be next for us on the 15th

Harry Corin from St Ives, Jack Ramsey from Ludgvan and Callum George from St Just have all joined Penzance in the last few days.

I think there are still squad spaces available if anyone fancies a change.

PM me and I will put you in touch with the club.

Anything to do with playing for Cornwall youth if they didn't go

ST JUST is a great club on and off the pitch and with steve in charge he will always know someone to come in and do the job and get the best out of his team. Results havent been kind to them so far but st just working as hard as they do will turn things around. having their cricket players missing would unsettle any team. As to callum youngsters seem to move around alot these days moving where friends go. Their is no commitement from them.

good luck to steve and his team for the season

I would just like to correct you on your comment. I can assure you that there is NO budget at Penzance and that your comments are insulting to the lads that have joined the club in the last few days. you make it sound as if these players are chasing money. They are not that kind of players, just youngsters who want to try their hand playing in the highest standard they can.

I can assure you, if jack ramsey has left Ludgvan its for money!

I would like to clear up that myself, Jack Ramsey and Harry Corin, have all gone to Penzance in hope of progressing as footballers at a higher standard. Last season myself and Harry Corin played against a Somerset side for Cornwall youth, which included 2 England internationals, and those players made it there by pushing themselves to play the highest level, against the best players possible. So I find comments made by A.Nother very insulting towards us three. P.s. Thank you Keith for your comments, I wish st just all the best for the season. I spent a few very good years there, with a great bunch of lads and a fantastic manager in Steve.

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, September 2, 2012 - Of no value to this thread!
Hidden by Dave Deacon, September 2, 2012 - Of no value to this thread!

Your only jealous jimmy England , they r better players than you, I watched u play last week for pz2nds and the effort u put in was embarrassing , ur simply not good enough .

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, September 2, 2012 - Of no value to this thread!
Hidden by Dave Deacon, September 2, 2012 - Of no value to this thread!

Your only jealous jimmy England , they r better players than you, I watched u play last week for pz2nds and the effort u put in was embarrassing , ur simply not good enough .

Which account is Jimmy's?

newquay not having a good start for the hype in pre season guesing the first team arent helping them out with players so far this year. :)

think newquay reserves are all aged between 16-19 so might be a learning curve for them to start with but the coaching staff are top drawer there.

Thought they would be better than what they are doing now. yeah yendall is a good coach

Who is deleting my posts and why are they being deleted?

I am.

Deleting them because as far as I can see nothing at all to do with football! If you're logged in and reading you should see "Non footballing issues?"

They were quoting a footballing post and replying to it. But if you deem them as unacceptable then I apologise sir.

Many years ago BUGLE were the whipping boys of the old sw league.A lot of the younger local boys from the area realising that their chances of playing sw league football would be limited at other more successful sides, and also be a good opportunity to play together at a higher standard decided to stick together and sign for bugle.It turned out to be the catalyst that would turn a small village side into south western league champions.

i think its great that young local boys want to play at a high standard on a good pitch with a good support ,good luck to them

Who is deleting my posts and why are they being deleted?

I am.

Deleting them because as far as I can see nothing at all to do with football! If you're logged in and reading you should see "Non footballing issues?"

They were quoting a footballing post and replying to it. But if you deem them as unacceptable then I apologise sir.

What was the inference to "he sounds quite bent" then? Perhaps I misunderstood the context in your comment!

Perranwell dominated the whole game went 1-0 down from a under hit back pass that the culdrose striker finished well

Perranwell scored with 2 to play Matt rose with a diving header to salvage a point!

Perranwell deserved the win but all credit to culdrose for defending strongly especially their keeper who had a blinder!

No mention regarding the worst playing surface ever witnessed and played on, resulting in the only tatics possible ----smash the ball as hard and long as you can! The grass on the pitch was at least 15cm thick grass which resulted to no real decent football being played at all as it was impossible, all passes would fall considerably short and any dribble/control of the ball would cause the player tripping over the ball caught in the grass. A real shame to a ‘potentially’ very good pitch, all that is needed is a lawnmower!

No mention regarding the worst playing surface ever witnessed and played on, resulting in the only tatics possible ----smash the ball as hard and long as you can! The grass on the pitch was at least 15cm thick grass which resulted to no real decent football being played at all as it was impossible, all passes would fall considerably short and any dribble/control of the ball would cause the player tripping over the ball caught in the grass. A real shame to a ‘potentially’ very good pitch, all that is needed is a lawnmower!

thats awful, senior football and they couldnt get the lawnmower out! tut tut..