Cornwall Football Forum

I've seen Torpoints opening 2 games this season both have been at home and both times they have been 2nd best. They were lucky to draw on Saturday, you only had to see how disappointed our players were and how happy Torpoints players were after the game to know that. My opinion is they won't even finish in the top 3 this season. This will be good for the league to have another team u there. My top 3 are Parkway Millbrook and Bude. Anyone else got a prediction for top 3?

I think Bude will win the league this season. Havin Billy Hopcroft back is a massive bonus....good player.

Torpoint will definately be up and around there...you can never right them off, especially so early in the season, they still have alot of quality. Fighting it out for 2nd will be a number of teams.... Torpoint, Milbrook, Parkway, Liskeard, Elburton. I just have a feeling its Budes year this time around, they've been so close to promotion in the past few seasons, i think they'll go up as champions.

I predict:

1. Bude

2. Parkway

3. Torpoint

4. Elburton

5. Milbrook

Think the heading for this topic is a bit harsh

2 opening games against parkway and elburton havent been great but not many teams will beat these teams this season as both are good sides.

ok they might not win it but they will give everyone a tough time trying to get it off them.

majority of the squad been together since they first won it back some 6 years ago and have also won it 5 out of 6 seasons.

I wouldnt write them off just yet :thumbsup: :P

I think Bude will win the league this season. Havin Billy Hopcroft back is a massive bonus....good player.

Torpoint will definately be up and around there...you can never right them off, especially so early in the season, they still have alot of quality. Fighting it out for 2nd will be a number of teams.... Torpoint, Milbrook, Parkway, Liskeard, Elburton. I just have a feeling its Budes year this time around, they've been so close to promotion in the past few seasons, i think they'll go up as champions.

I predict:

1. Bude

2. Parkway

3. Torpoint

4. Elburton

5. Milbrook

how can you give an opinion when you probably haven't seen any off the teams play??? Edited by Dave Deacon
Personal insult

Pleased that nobody thinks Tavistock will challenge for honours this year. Excellent young squad there this year. Good Tough games against Millbrook, Parkway & Elburton coming up to test our credentials. Think a few teams are going to be surprised at the quality at Tavi this season

I predict:

1. Bude

2. Parkway

3. Torpoint

4. Elburton

5. Milbrook

how can you give an opinion when you probably haven't seen any off the teams play???

Im basing my opinion on the players these clubs have and the form they are in...like i said, i know its very early into the season to say for sure, i just think it will be Budes season this year......that ok for you!!!

In all seriousness what is happening at Torpoint? Do they have the same team as last season or have they lost a few? Have to say its a shocking start by their standards?

From what I can see, Lewis Young has gone back to Parkway, two or three have once again stepped up to the 1st team, One or two of last years young lads that stepped up from the 3rd team to help them win the title have gone off to Uni, Tom Payne is currently still working in the USA and they've had a couple of injuries.

They're still scoring but are conceding a few at the moment which is unlike Torpoint teams of the past four or five seasons.

They'll still be there or there abouts come May but won't have it all their own way which is good for the League which overall looks stronger this season.

Bude have got off to a flying start and both Liskeard and Millbrook have come up and carried on the winning habit from last season to shake things up at the top in the early stages.

If Bude can overcome the mid season blip they've had around December / January time for the past two or three seasons then they'll be the ones to beat this time around by the look of things.

Very solid at the back and with Billy Hopcroft back up front their goals for tally will no doubt go up quite a bit.

One or two unfamiliar results but lets see what the table looks like at Christmas before people start writing teams off.

how can anyone say torpoint are finished? they have played 2 games and they are unbeaten in them :s

the whole idea of them having 3 teams is for players to progress and step up and thats whats happening.They are still a top side with a top manager doing his job. its way to early to be having a view on the top 3 of the league anything can happen. Their can be many reasons why they arent having as good a start as normal. players on holiday e.g

people dont half come on here and make some poor topics up. i think its best to concentrate on your own team doing well than what others are doing after two games gone. :)

happy days.

how can anyone say torpoint are finished? they have played 2 games and they are unbeaten in them :s

the whole idea of them having 3 teams is for players to progress and step up and thats whats happening.They are still a top side with a top manager doing his job. its way to early to be having a view on the top 3 of the league anything can happen. Their can be many reasons why they arent having as good a start as normal. players on holiday e.g

people dont half come on here and make some poor topics up. i think its best to concentrate on your own team doing well than what others are doing after two games gone. :)

happy days.

think you will find torpoint have lost 2 games

but agree with you dont write them off