Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny 5 looks a tough division?

So from which team did the players that from Marazion second team play for last season??

I think you'll find that most played at Hayle. A Few from the 1st and 2nd team, but most from the Trelawney div 3 side along with the 3rd team manager.

Reading between the lines its basically a Hayle exiles team playing out of Marazion, which is why they'll not progress into the Marazion 1st team.

Geographically Marazion is proberly the nearest club to Hayle with spare pitch availability.

Hw many of the players will still be there when there is very little grass left on the pitch and the players start 'crying off' like they did last season when the chips were down. I think if you play for a team and you're the better footballing side either ask the lads above to allow you to take their place or do not enter a stronger side in the immediate league below. Marazion used to have a few good players now they seem like they're all travelling from hayle due to disagreements and lack of funds they were used to. Why a few of the new players want to play Where there won't be any grass after October and the floodlights freeze is beyond me. They also will have the usual 'senior' status rules to apply and be it known the full squad lately as they could well be looking at staying in that league for a number of years when instead of rising up when promotion isn't dependant on the "1st" tea,s performances allow, what will be interesting is seeing their loyalty to this manager then. They also have one of the most annoying supporters/club men general billy no mates who tries to get involved, sticks his bigoted opinion in when he's never kicked a ball in his life. Anyway good luck best to both teams and I hope you see out the season as you expect and deserve

see what happens come end of the season.dont wanna mention my prediction for the league.dont wanna be called arrogant!!! :-)

only two teams to go.up and 5 teams being mentioned as favourites.it could be a cracking season.lets just hope it lives up to its billing.personally myself i cannot wait for saturday.. be even better when our full sqaud will be available by the end of the month

think u are correct there stoke fan.its not certain that we will get promoted tho and if we do and the 1st team dont..theres more than one way to skin a cat ;-).both teams have had a gd pre season especially us.we only lost 1 which was to pendeen combo 4-2 and our regular defence was unavailable.played a prem side and a few division 1 & 2 so we have a tough workout also played camborne park div 5 and won either 5 or 4-1 again with a scratch side and it could have been alot more but we will take each game as it comes

our manager certainly doesnt wanna stay in div 5.no dissrespect but we wud prefer to play alot higher but u have to start somewhere

trombone terry are u on drugs why should the league fine us.we havent done anything wrong and as far as im aware theres no issues between the teams.

and how are we arrogant!!

seem to.have a few issues with.marizion terry.few words of advice GET OVER IT. wat will.be will be.silly comments from u are not gonna unsettle the.club..its a gd crack down there especially the supporters and people in the bar.havent gt a bad word to say about anybody down.there.

It's mar A zion but then again you thought hayle was hail.....haha only kidding mate no problem with marizion at all just think people should be truthful about they're motives and loyalty and ambition at a club, also the best team shouldn't be the 2nds but that's another story for the league administrators to sort out. The could fine you seriously! Please don't take any offence personally as I don't know you but if you're legs can take a minimum of 5 yrs of that carp then good luck to you all. Maybe see u in combo if we can manage to play that badly and get relegated

think u are correct there stoke fan.its not certain that we will get promoted tho and if we do and the 1st team dont..theres more than one way to skin a cat ;-).both teams have had a gd pre season especially us.we only lost 1 which was to pendeen combo 4-2 and our regular defence was unavailable.played a prem side and a few division 1 & 2 so we have a tough workout also played camborne park div 5 and won either 5 or 4-1 again with a scratch side and it could have been alot more but we will take each game as it comes

RULE 10

(E) Every Club shall play its best available qualified team or teams in all matches in the Competition. (Note: The intention of this Rule is not to interfere with normal team selection by Clubs, but to prevent Clubs deliberately fielding a weakened team in order to unreasonably reserve players for another game or to boost the strength of another or lower team. It is NOT intended that Clubs MUST field higher team players in lower teams when the higher team has no engagement. If, in the opinion of the Management Committee, the substance or spirit of the Rule is obviously being disregarded, the Club or Clubs concerned may be called to account for its/their actions and shall be subject to such decisions as the Management Committee may determine, despite the fact that Rule 8 has not been infringed.)

trombone terry has some real points and i myself have asked a few people and it is a rule that you cannot strengthen a so called lower team and have a weakened team in your higher team, i ask one thing to hayle 87 and any one else commenting on this post judging by who is playing for both teams who thinks there second team would do better in division 4 than there first team and secondly if steve managed firsts they would be there fact

I played marazion several times last season in league and cup and I think all these ppl saying the 2nds are better is disrespectful to the 1sts! The 2nds may have a few big names but whos to say theyre better, 1sts had a good season last year and although 2nds maybe stronger why should 1sts play in the bottom league again after winning 2cups and finishing 3rd? League rules or not would be harsh on the players that did the hard work last year!

just let them get on with it if there are better players in the 2nds so be it the first team will suffer the likes of matt thomas' liam mooney' danny ford' sanjay' could easy fire marazion first team into trewlawny 3. so the club will suffer if the first team fail to gain promotion im not sure if the players i mentioned are playing 1st or 2nds ?

and if players are droping down from senior football you can only play 2 re instated players per game until they play 5games in junior football to be classed as a junior player.although im probably wrong im sure someone will corret me..........

its good to see that a village club like marazion can put out 2sides goodluck to them :Santa:

just let them get on with it if there are better players in the 2nds so be it the first team will suffer the likes of matt thomas' liam mooney' danny ford' sanjay' could easy fire marazion first team into trewlawny 3. so the club will suffer if the first team fail to gain promotion im not sure if the players i mentioned are playing 1st or 2nds ?

and if players are droping down from senior football you can only play 2 re instated players per game until they play 5games in junior football to be classed as a junior player.although im probably wrong im sure someone will corret me..........

its good to see that a village club like marazion can put out 2sides goodluck to them :Santa:

So from which team did the players that from Marazion second team play for last season??

thats why i was asking for which team they played for last year, as only 2 re instated players can play at a time, untill five games have been played then they become a junior player

Ur right Marksy, Im sure Madron seconds were slightly better than their firsts last year...!!!! Don't think they got fined....!!! And ur right Kash, I've trained with the first team and it's disrespectful to say we r better. They are well organised and have some decent players....I think Marazion r this seasons ludgvan....I remember people moaning at them last year cos they were mates who wanted to play together. They got promoted and r still together this season....!!!

Think its time to draw a line under it. Let the boys be, if they want to play with their mates, no matter what division, let them do it. I'm sure there are players in all teams and leagues playing far below their standard, but the main thing is about enjoyment. We are not professionals, we play for the enjoyment and love of the game! Good luck to all you guys, whichever club you're involved with!

I've played with the majority of the players in Marazion 2nd team over the years & they're a good bunch of lads, I just hope that they're not a victim of their own success this season. If Marazion are scoring double figures each week the opposition might call the game off stating that they can't raise a side rather than suffer a demoralising defeat.

Call me cynical but I've been around long enough & I've seen it done several times before!

kash u speak some very wise words

Thanks! I played in bottom league last year and it had some good lads playing in it and they were friends playing together mainly in the poorer sides believe it or not! The standard wasnt as high as this season I dont think! Was a 3horse race last season but gona be alot more teams in the running this year!

I know the forum Posts are all but finished but i just wanted to Clarify the situation at Marazion as a player see's it, Steve Ruff left Hayle and was asked by Marazion first team coach to come down, Steve is a very ell respected footballing coach down in the SW of Cornwall, It's of no great surprise that after playing football with Steve for so many years, the likes of Sanjay, Matt, to name a few left to join him, they have great respect for Hayle, But at the end of the day they want to play for Steve. As for some ppl posting comments like Marazion reserves shouldnt be playing in that league and we should be playing ppl like Danny, Craig Matty in the first team, Well, to that i say the players came down to play for steve, I cant speak for all the players but i'm happy to be playing for Marazion, as i'm sure all are. The Marazion first team are a strong squad, and will ofc be buffed up by the best players avaliable to play when Ian asks for them, so that point about reserves should be a feeder for the first team is invalid because it does already happen, For instance first league game of the season, Danny Ford and Danny Taylor played for them, Why should Marazion first team be kicked outta there spot that i'm sure they been playing in for a couple of seasons because we have come down with a very good organised strong squad. They have a couple of good strikers in the first team that i'm sure would be pretty Pissed off if they got benched for a reserve team player :)

As for ambition I will speak for the team when i say, i think Marazion 2nds are relishing the opportunity of playing for Steve in div 5 then 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 for however many seasons it may be, The senior Marazion squad will always take precedence over the reserves, and im sure all the players will be rooting to get them up into DIV 3 next season so that Steves team can move to DIV 4, If it doesn't happen So be it, If we end up playing div 5 again next season im sure 99% of the squad will be back there again next season doing the same again, We will win div 5 if we show the kind of spirit and determination we have shown in Pre-Season and Week 1, and we will win it again next season if it is to be.

Come on Marazion, Let the Haters hate and Let the Scorelines do our talking, Not on these forums!

Incidently on a last note

All players are playing Legal football, we understand about the 2 players a week and all that jazz, So less of the hate, were not stupid enough to risk fines and point deductions

Cheers & Gone!

I know the forum Posts are all but finished but i just wanted to Clarify the situation at Marazion as a player see's it, Steve Ruff left Hayle and was asked by Marazion first team coach to come down, Steve is a very ell respected footballing coach down in the SW of Cornwall, It's of no great surprise that after playing football with Steve for so many years, the likes of Sanjay, Matt, to name a few left to join him, they have great respect for Hayle, But at the end of the day they want to play for Steve. As for some ppl posting comments like Marazion reserves shouldnt be playing in that league and we should be playing ppl like Danny, Craig Matty in the first team, Well, to that i say the players came down to play for steve, I cant speak for all the players but i'm happy to be playing for Marazion, as i'm sure all are. The Marazion first team are a strong squad, and will ofc be buffed up by the best players avaliable to play when Ian asks for them, so that point about reserves should be a feeder for the first team is invalid because it does already happen, For instance first league game of the season, Danny Ford and Danny Taylor played for them, Why should Marazion first team be kicked outta there spot that i'm sure they been playing in for a couple of seasons because we have come down with a very good organised strong squad. They have a couple of good strikers in the first team that i'm sure would be pretty Pissed off if they got benched for a reserve team player :)

As for ambition I will speak for the team when i say, i think Marazion 2nds are relishing the opportunity of playing for Steve in div 5 then 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 for however many seasons it may be, The senior Marazion squad will always take precedence over the reserves, and im sure all the players will be rooting to get them up into DIV 3 next season so that Steves team can move to DIV 4, If it doesn't happen So be it, If we end up playing div 5 again next season im sure 99% of the squad will be back there again next season doing the same again, We will win div 5 if we show the kind of spirit and determination we have shown in Pre-Season and Week 1, and we will win it again next season if it is to be.

Come on Marazion, Let the Haters hate and Let the Scorelines do our talking, Not on these forums!

Incidently on a last note

All players are playing Legal football, we understand about the 2 players a week and all that jazz, So less of the hate, were not stupid enough to risk fines and point deductions

Cheers & Gone!

you just hit nail on head! there playing for manager not the club so the best of the club doesn,t matter because if it truly did a club works that if you sign for the club then you play for any team in that club, and if your good enough to play first team football at that club then you should be in the first team! say about dont worry about the haters none of us are haters were realisists, and the first team manager at marazion should have the pick of the best players at the club but i think reason he hasn,t complained is because he knows as you said steve brought them to the club and they wont play for him after there all re-instated and deep down everybody at marazion knows that! call people haters as much as you like but end of season compare both teams results and bet if your 2nds dont get promoted next year they,ll leave or be the first team mark my words

Have to totally agree, Steve is a good man manager and he has massive respect for the lads that have followed him, it's obvious that if Steve left for another club then the players will leave, you guys are playing for your manager. That is not a bad thing at all.

Their has been far to much slating towards Marazion, but you just need to be honest with yourselves you dont have any elegance towards Marazion but you do with ruffy. Steve will always have green running through his veins thats a fact.

Have to totally agree, Steve is a good man manager and he has massive respect for the lads that have followed him, it's obvious that if Steve left for another club then the players will leave, you guys are playing for your manager. That is not a bad thing at all.

Had the same thing at Titans last year :wacko: