Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny 5 looks a tough division?

div 5 is going 2 be a hard league i think its going 2 be a 4 horse race between sterm/camborne pk/marazion/gwinear. if marazion res are stronger than the 1st team then the 2nds should take the place off the 1st team so marazion can move up the leagues or just stay in div5 for a long time

Oh! Have Helston third team withdrawn from Div 5 then?? lol

div 5 is going 2 be a hard league i think its going 2 be a 4 horse race between sterm/camborne pk/marazion/gwinear. if marazion res are stronger than the 1st team then the 2nds should take the place off the 1st team so marazion can move up the leagues or just stay in div5 for a long time

Oh! Have Helston third team withdrawn from Div 5 then?? lol

well thats wot i think hope div5 is a close league and hope helston are pushing all the way

same as me was only asking question why players will be willing to possibly work hard all season and get promotion to be told they cant anyhow? call it marazion bashing if you like just an observation that in a club that shouldnt be allowed your best players should be in the top team in the club no matter what! i think will be open league and looking forward to it

only two teams to go.up and 5 teams being mentioned as favourites.it could be a cracking season.lets just hope it lives up to its billing.personally myself i cannot wait for saturday.. be even better when our full sqaud will be available by the end of the month

but surely if rules from fa are correct being marazion 2nd team and your firsts in division higher you cant go up no matter where you finish? unless first team get promoted too?

only two teams to go.up and 5 teams being mentioned as favourites.it could be a cracking season.lets just hope it lives up to its billing.personally myself i cannot wait for saturday.. be even better when our full sqaud will be available by the end of the month

Guest smashing pumpkin

just played against helston 3rds in a friendly tonight, score was wendron res 1 - helston 3rds 1, Helston are a young team and got the ball down and played some good football. They got there equalizer in the last kick off the game with a brilliant finish.

I dont know what the other teams are like in div 5 but surely Helston 3rds will be up there, but it wiill be a long season!

all helston teams are strong and young team will always play a lot of football and i think helston will also be up there and a draw against yourselves which are a division 2 side will only make them more confident we got helston 3rd game looking forward 2 it

just played against helston 3rds in a friendly tonight, score was wendron res 1 - helston 3rds 1, Helston are a young team and got the ball down and played some good football. They got there equalizer in the last kick off the game with a brilliant finish.

I dont know what the other teams are like in div 5 but surely Helston 3rds will be up there, but it wiill be a long season!

think u are correct there stoke fan.its not certain that we will get promoted tho and if we do and the 1st team dont..theres more than one way to skin a cat ;-).both teams have had a gd pre season especially us.we only lost 1 which was to pendeen combo 4-2 and our regular defence was unavailable.played a prem side and a few division 1 & 2 so we have a tough workout also played camborne park div 5 and won either 5 or 4-1 again with a scratch side and it could have been alot more but we will take each game as it comes

i play for camborne park myself and i agree you have decent side there, but theres players in that team which my prediction except a few would walk into your first team who i played against last season, so surely the best players you should be playing for the highest team in the club, i have big respect for people who wanna start for new club down in bottom league and play way out! amiccable to say the least however if you join a club that has already a team in the leagues and your players are better in the 2nd team than in the first team in certain positions surely they should be with the senior team in the club, i am pretty sure most managers of firsts teams ad managers of most clubs would agree with me?? playing with your mates is a real good fun thing to do but why cant you play with your mates in first team whats the difference or isit because you dont wanna play for the manager?? or is their no intention in ever going up and just staying in division 5 and probably with side you do have hammering some teams season in and season out, but me personally i enjoyed saturdays game think first half was even second half we ran outta steam with only one replacement due to players unavailability and i look forward to playing you be good test and good game :)

and my above comment does not just mean marazion thats an example i heard a few of these cases last year the football club should stamp this out soon as it starts occurring a player should be at a team to play for the club not certain team whether it be 1sts , 2nds , 3rds even 4ths if your chosen for a team you should play for them and if lots of 2nds are good enough play firsts the manager of both 2nds and 1sts should agree that they do so for the best of the club!!!

our manager certainly doesnt wanna stay in div 5.no dissrespect but we wud prefer to play alot higher but u have to start somewhere

Thats the whole point though! If Marazion Blues in the 4th Division do not get promoted you will be stuck in the 5th division until they move up, they could also be relegated which would mean pulling the reserves out, I woulod say your best option is to switch the teams around, if your better players play in the 2nd team then I'm afraid you will be stuck there for quite a while!!!

our manager certainly doesnt wanna stay in div 5.no dissrespect but we wud prefer to play alot higher but u have to start somewhere

Thats the whole point though! If Marazion Blues in the 4th Division do not get promoted you will be stuck in the 5th division until they move up, they could also be relegated which would mean pulling the reserves out, I woulod say your best option is to switch the teams around, if your better players play in the 2nd team then I'm afraid you will be stuck there for quite a while!!!

i totally agree with what crystal saying your team wont progress and i cant see a lot of your players staying to play in division 4 for 3 or 4 seasons and if your firsts have bad season there will be no second team if you dont swap teams now i am pretty sure if i was first team player at marazion i wouldnt be willing in seasons time to step down to play in division 5 if the the channge shall be made should be now your clubs decision even if your best players swap but if it is the complete team well if your club let that happen thats a different story completley

Marazion players shouldn't be so arrogant thinking they can just come and go between teams. The lads that play in the 2nds are a better side but the others all in the first team are better bunch to have a chat and talk about football with. Most of them don't get on that well anyway so it's just going to cause problems later on when they need to get a promotion or probably relegation. I think the league should look into the players that don't play 1sts and fine them

Trombone Terry, firstly ur right the first team are a cracking bunch but there are no problems between the sides. They got promoted last season and did well in the cups....I dont think u can say that we (the 2nd team) are better than them.....we have a good squad but have won nothing yet as we haven't even started....no one is being arrogant, we will do our best in every game and we will see what happens come May. If we dont get promoted, we will try again the following season, if we do get promoted then I'm sure the two managers will discuss what happens then. But what ever happens will be for the good of Marazion....Maybe we will combine the teams, maybe not...!!!! Who knows.....but as for this season we are the second team, we will stay as the second team and will enjoy playing as the second team.....I hope u enjoy your season as much as we all will....

Trombone Terry, firstly ur right the first team are a cracking bunch but there are no problems between the sides. They got promoted last season and did well in the cups....I dont think u can say that we (the 2nd team) are better than them.....we have a good squad but have won nothing yet as we haven't even started....no one is being arrogant, we will do our best in every game and we will see what happens come May. If we dont get promoted, we will try again the following season, if we do get promoted then I'm sure the two managers will discuss what happens then. But what ever happens will be for the good of Marazion....Maybe we will combine the teams, maybe not...!!!! Who knows.....but as for this season we are the second team, we will stay as the second team and will enjoy playing as the second team.....I hope u enjoy your season as much as we all will....

surely the best for the club is that the best players play for the first team?? and if you have players who playeed senior football last season i am sure they can get in a just promoted division 4 team, and yes won trophies division 6 cup no disrespect but alot of those senior players would get in that team

No disrespect to Marazion and I'm sure they just want to get on with enjoying this upcoming season, but is it me or has this whole post turned into giving Marazion a hard time. They will along with the rest of the teams in this league enjoy every game that they play this season, but as the other post's suggest its going to be a very tough league and they may not even win the league and then there won't be a worry about their 1st team stopping them from going up! Good luck to all teams this season, looking forward to playing you all this season, may the best team be top at the end of the season :-) :-)

That will not happen, Stevie Ruff needs to be first team manager if Marazion are to proceed up the leagues, that is a fact. All the lads have gone down their to play for him, thats another fact. Good luck to them .

WELL thats club situation then because a player from marazion second team told me in different place that there playing for the badge not a specific manager if what you say is right then aslong as he is charge of second team no matter the state of the first team or club no one will play for other manager i would love too hear an opinion from marazion 1st team manager?