Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Fixtures & Results - Sat August 25th 2012

I. Think you know why I spat my dummy on that Sunday afternoon and it wasn't over the forum comments but the number of personal text messages you sent me whilst I was out having my Sunday dinner with my family that I took offence to

David this is all getting rather silly now I think we should agree to disagree and you can continue to run your club in the way you see fit and I will continue to run mine and we will leave it at that

portreath yours were probably deleted because no one understood your spelling. Buy a dictionary! Neil those texts were only to say stop resenting another club because you cannot get your own players to stay. I do believe that Titans was not the only club to take players away from HOLMANS this season. Discussion over and am happy with that but please try and understand I as an individual am allowed to speak openly and honestly on this forum as long as I say it without malice of which I have done. I have received many texts from your former players agreeing and would be happy to forward them to you but of course the melting pot would continue to simmer . That was not my intention, from the start I made an honest opinion of your club as I have seen over the years of being there and would of still pre season of loved an opportunity to make HOLMANS a better team. That was never the case and I'm slated for having my say. On a final note of the texts they were in -appropriate on a Sunday but were non offensive and polite unlike the ones I received .

Pendeen Rovers Res 6 v 1 G'havern Res.

Great start to are season, really hope young lad from Goonhavern is ok got taken away in Ambulance after 10mins play. Everyone from PRFC wish him a speedy recovery.

Congratulations to Pendeen in your victory on sat not a good day for us having gone down with a depleted squad due to work and holiday commitments (not taking anything away from your performance and win tho) unfortunately the aforementioned player after hours in hospital (dont you love bank holidays!), has been diagnosed with a broken tibia, fibia and fractured ankle after having a operation he is starting his recovery period with the hope to get back into football sometime in the new year if all goes well. I would like to mention that we recognise that there was no maliciousness in the challenge and the player and team hold no bad feelings towards the pendeen player who made the challenge. I personnally would like to extend my thanks to pendeen as a club for your help and support when our player went down also a special mention to your coach who took control of situation and calmed him down when he was in agony very much appreciated. Wishing you the best for the season and looking forward to playing you up at ours soon.

Pendeen Rovers Res 6 v 1 G'havern Res.

Great start to are season, really hope young lad from Goonhavern is ok got taken away in Ambulance after 10mins play. Everyone from PRFC wish him a speedy recovery.

Congratulations to Pendeen in your victory on sat not a good day for us having gone down with a depleted squad due to work and holiday commitments (not taking anything away from your performance and win tho) unfortunately the aforementioned player after hours in hospital (dont you love bank holidays!), has been diagnosed with a broken tibia, fibia and fractured ankle after having a operation he is starting his recovery period with the hope to get back into football sometime in the new year if all goes well. I would like to mention that we recognise that there was no maliciousness in the challenge and the player and team hold no bad feelings towards the pendeen player who made the challenge. I personnally would like to extend my thanks to pendeen as a club for your help and support when our player went down also a special mention to your coach who took control of situation and calmed him down when he was in agony very much appreciated. Wishing you the best for the season and looking forward to playing you up at ours soon.

Really sorry to hear that, hope he makes a speedy recovery mate, horrid when that happens....Yea Poppet is bang on for calming people down ....apart from us lol!!! Good luck for the rest of your season and look forward to the very long return journey ....

Trelawny Premier

Carharrack AFC 0 Mawnan 2

I think you can always use Mawnan as a benchmark on how well your season is going to go. For me Mawnan were always the most consistent side in the old FHFL and appear to be holding their own in Trelawny Premier. This is the first time I have watched Carharrack play this season and compared to our dismal results against Mawnan last season, we have shown much improvement. With Matt Mitchell now at the helms he has brought a few of the players up from last years reserve side and given them the opportunity to play at this level, which will hopefully pay dividends. If I'm honest the football wasn’t pretty in wet conditions but there were periods were we played some attractive football which we need to capitalise on. Mawnan overall have a creative strike force with strikers like Greg Renfree still putting himself about, which tested our ability to defend. Over the next few weeks we could see some new faces and position ourselves to form a more solid side.

I don't think we will be going out and winning the Junior Cup but we will be able to get the result's to put us mid-table if not a little bit higher at the end of the season. Trelawny Premier is certainly getting a strong division.

Tonight we play Illogan RBL away. It will be a tough game against a skilful side however if we defend well and hit them on the counter attack, we might even get a surprise result against a side who have already scored 17 goals in three games.

I would say best of luck to Mawnan however we still got to play them away. :P