Cornwall Football Forum

port look for new manager!!!!!!

Seeing as I am Cozy Powell I can say that I will not be in charge of Porthleven this afternoon. I along with several other Rangers will be helping out Porthleven 1st and Combo today as we have no game ourselves. I for one have commited myself to Rangers for another season and I fully intend to standby that decision and hopefully my players will too.

Seeing as I am Cozy Powell I can say that I will not be in charge of Porthleven this afternoon. I along with several other Rangers will be helping out Porthleven 1st and Combo today as we have no game ourselves. I for one have commited myself to Rangers for another season and I fully intend to standby that decision and hopefully my players will too.

You must be the top team in Porthleven now Cosy - good luck for the season

You must be the top team in Porthleven now Cosy - good luck for the season

Always been that way in my eyes. Longest serving manager in a while i know that much. 8 years and counting. And good luck to you as well.

port manager john dent has resigned, todays game will be managed by porthleven rangers manager cosy powell

I think you will find that the assistant manager Daryll Hunter is running with the team and because of the short notice of John's departure Cosy has been asked to help out today.Good luck today lads.

Well, it seems to be no secret from previous posts that John Dent is being considered for the post at Penzance.

Will it depend on the financial package?

Has he started in the role unofficially, considering players?

Are there concerns about the involvement from within the club ?

As a matter of interest who is the Chairman , Vice Chairman and Second Team Manager

It is a great shame to see such a club as Penzance suffer as they are and I hope that they will soon be back on a firm footing on the pitch.

considering players? as far as im aware he left port cause he couldnt attract players, last game he left the 'management team' with 9 players to travel to foxhole, the team had to be made up of rangers players from duchy 3 junior league!!! wot a nice chap.....and this is not the first time he has left a team in this situation and pz be warned it wont be the last.

considering players? as far as im aware he left port cause he couldnt attract players, last game he left the 'management team' with 9 players to travel to foxhole, the team had to be made up of rangers players from duchy 3 junior league!!! wot a nice chap.....and this is not the first time he has left a team in this situation and pz be warned it wont be the last.

I rarely comment on these forums as they tend to be full of comments from people who do not know the facts or are reporting them incorrectly, this is definately one of those.

Gala7 you are way off the mark, We lost 10 players in the summer because of various reasons from long term injuries to players moving away from the area. Yet we only promoted three players from the second team. The first game of the season we had a first team squad of twelve available and five unavailable, so in my eyes a reasonable squad for a penninsula team that doesn't pay at all.

I gave the club a weeks notice of my intention to resign and during that time arranged training and the squad for the following game as was asked of me. Unfortuately players unavailability can not be blamed on me after the event. There was certainly more than 9 players available when i left the club.

i have my reasons for leaving the club which are my own and I do not intend to air mine or the clubs dirty linen in public, that is not my style. I don't know who you are Gala7 but you now know who I am so please either speak to me personally or stop spreading incorrect information on this forum, you clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about.

having spoke 2 a few players that left the reason they left was they no longer wanted to play for you john, best of luck in your new job john hope you can attract and hold onto players at pz, just out of curiousity there was talk of pulling one of the port teams which one would you of voted for and is this one of the reasons you walked?

Why even bother starting the season as manager, if you gave them a weeks notice anyway that would have been as soon as the season kicked off, why not of left in the summer and given another manager a chance to come in work their system in pre season and maybe o brought in some new players or have kept some of the many that left?

Denty with all due respect you are out of the frying pan iPad into the fire there lad. The foxhole situation always a shambles and if I were a Penzance supporter I'd be worried at these so called 'decent managers' that keep leaving them in a worse situation than beFore?

It is an absolute travesty what has happened there and for the sake of parity I'm not a great fan but they always put on a good show.

Are you the new manager?

Or can't you say as yet?

They struggled to attract any players when they had a great chance ore season with robin and Steve and were unsuccessful then and unsuccessful now. Those guys were (and this is my opinion) far far more successful and better at coaching than you and still they failed badly it goes to show that either players don't want to play for you or......they don't want to get hammered 8 or 9 or 10 nil every week. It's not that easy to get 15 players to play for you these days and the levy story shows that. Loyalty is importantly something which isn't about in abundance at the moment locally. Need to go right back to basics.

Do you have a budget at Penzance? That's the only reason I can see anyone who is still sane from joing up?

having spoke 2 a few players that left the reason they left was they no longer wanted to play for you john, best of luck in your new job john hope you can attract and hold onto players at pz, just out of curiousity there was talk of pulling one of the port teams which one would you of voted for and is this one of the reasons you walked?

Gala7 - Do you actually know anything..?? only seems to me your information or source is rubbish..!!! first of all you tell us that Cosey Powell was managing - WRONG!! then John left and left the interim management team with 9 players - WRONG!! Then players left cos they didnt want to play for him - WRONG again..!! think you live in some sort of dream land my friend.....

I love it when people comment on stuff they know absolutely nothing about. I am one of the players that left port last year and am good friends with the majority of the rest and it is simply not true that we left because of John. I personally left for personal reasons and certain things I didn't agree with nothing to do with John. In fact quite the opposite I would have stayed because of him. Yeah there may be some players that didn't get on with him bit you can say that about most managers. I know for a fact that John would have stayed if the committee sorted certain things out and he gave them the chance to do this rightly or wrongly the club decided not to act, end of story. John wasn't happy to work the way things were and I think alot of other managers would have felt the same. There is no point slagging people off if you don't know the facts. I'm all for an open debate as we all have an opinion but there is no point making stuff up.

I love it when people comment on stuff they know absolutely nothing about. I am one of the players that left port last year and am good friends with the majority of the rest and it is simply not true that we left because of John. I personally left for personal reasons and certain things I didn't agree with nothing to do with John. In fact quite the opposite I would have stayed because of him. Yeah there may be some players that didn't get on with him bit you can say that about most managers. I know for a fact that John would have stayed if the committee sorted certain things out and he gave them the chance to do this rightly or wrongly the club decided not to act, end of story. John wasn't happy to work the way things were and I think alot of other managers would have felt the same. There is no point slagging people off if you don't know the facts. I'm all for an open debate as we all have an opinion but there is no point making stuff up.

. Well if he didn't like the way things were happening why did he stay and start the season? He has now left the club with no manager right at the start of the season!

. Well if he didn't like the way things were happening why did he stay and start the season? He has now left the club with no manager right at the start of the season!

Think about your question again..?? Surely he asked for these changes and waited for an answer from the committee to see if they would implement these changes..!! When he got his answer that they wouldnt do this he decided it was best for both him and the club to not continue in his post..!! Would you rather he asked for these changes and then left because he wasnt given an answer from the committee before the start if the season..??

Some people on this forum must surely speak without thinking..!!!!

Well said newlyneastno.10. Maybe the issues he wasnt happy with got to stage that he wasnt prepared to continue one the season had started??

The club have already stated they have had a few enquiries so it wont be long before they find someone to manage the side. Also Daryl is a great bloke and knows what he is doing so they are in good hands in the meantime

Think about your question again..?? Surely he asked for these changes and waited for an answer from the committee to see if they would implement these changes..!! When he got his answer that they wouldnt do this he decided it was best for both him and the club to not continue in his post..!! Would you rather he asked for these changes and then left because he wasnt given an answer from the committee before the start if the season..??

Denty's reasons for leaving should remain personal, but he does have a reputation for not hanging around at clubs for too long. As he's your DAD its hardly surprising you're jumping to his defence.

I think Port could struggle to find a new manager as anyone who know's John Dent at all, will know that his efforts are second to none,so must be a difficult task. Although I did here to-day that a Penryn man could be asked to take over, but talking to him the other day highly unlikely.

John Dent did a fantastic job while he was there, and he if he has to give up something he does for free then whats the problem ? What do you boys want to happen, give up his day job and concentrate on football managing full time for free

Get a life and move on

People move on, John Dent has moved on, time you lads joined him

Denty's reasons for leaving should remain personal, but he does have a reputation for not hanging around at clubs for too long. As he's your DAD its hardly surprising you're jumping to his defence.

The fact he is old man means nothing when it comes to football..!! Just ask the people who played in the pre-season friendly this summer....

Having just read through these posts again I don't see a lot of negative John Dent comments. From what I can gather no-one worked harder than Denty to turn things around but for one reason or another, players left during the summer and he had a difficult job replacing them. Therefore it seems better for both John and Port that he move on. Seems a strange choice to move to PZ though as they seem to be in a pretty bad situation themselves. Anyway, good luck John.

The fact he is old man means nothing when it comes to football..!! Just ask the people who played in the pre-season friendly this summer....

It has everything to do with the fact that your his son!!!!! He is not a great man manager but there are certainly worse out there.

This topic just about sums local football up in my opinion. A guy who is as passionate as the next guy about football gives up his time to share his passion, experience and knowledge with local footballers at his own cost then decides his tenure is no longer viable only to be peppered with insults on this forum!

For the record, I have no allegiance to either John or Porthleven FC, just seeing it from the perspective of someone who also chooses to remain involved in local football after their playing days. Best of luck John in whatever you choose to do next and best of luck Porthleven with your new management appointment.

It has everything to do with the fact that your his son!!!!! He is not a great man manager but there are certainly worse out there.

Ha ha ha ok fella.., what ever you say..!! you obviously know our relationship better than me..!!

Newquay fans have seen Dent at 2 or 3 clubs, didn't matter which club he was at, his passion was clear for all to see. I can't speak for his man management or why he and Port's committee disagreed, I can only tell you what I have seen. Many opposing fans in the stands did not like his style or even his choice of words or tactics, but he wasn't in it to please other teams.

I strongly believe he is a man with a passion for football, no matter where he is, all he wants is for the players of his team to win... if you have a manager who doesn't, then you have the wrong man for the job.

Penzance are too big a club to fall into Junior leagues, Porthleven will find a way to progress, they have gone through some rough times of their own recently, Vidal will find a way.

Porthleven will bounce back, we have been bouncing back all summer, the new refurbed club house is looking great, and is getting into a better posistion than it has for years.

As for the committee having to sort things out for john dent? i have no clue what this is and it sounds like a load of tosh to me. What i can tell you is the commitee has been working their a**e of over the summer for THE CLUB and have done great for once we have a committee who really does have the club at heart unfortunately it took a long time to get there, but each and everyone we have now can take credit for what they have done.

John Dent has moved on, thanks for your time john. End of story.

A new manager will be found and things will move on.

Cheers now :)

sure i read somewhere on here robin watt played for trispen this week. Port and PZ both unlucky that the managers they had on offer and in charge for reasons left the clubs. but both clubs have been going for many donkey years and have great people behind them which im sure will move forward and upwards. and rebuild . getting by one season then the good old merry go round of players may fall on the clubs again.

Porthleven will bounce back, we have been bouncing back all summer, the new refurbed club house is looking great, and is getting into a better posistion than it has for years.

As for the committee having to sort things out for john dent? i have no clue what this is and it sounds like a load of tosh to me. What i can tell you is the commitee has been working their a**e of over the summer for THE CLUB and have done great for once we have a committee who really does have the club at heart unfortunately it took a long time to get there, but each and everyone we have now can take credit for what they have done.

John Dent has moved on, thanks for your time john. End of story.

A new manager will be found and things will move on.

Cheers now :)

Paparazi... You are probably right about the committee having to sort things out as the majority of them probably didnt even know there was a problem, and i agree that the non-football people on the committee are doing a great job behind the scenes. You will find though that some of the committee knew the issues and the fact this was probably not brought up in a meeting to discuss will explain some of the issues!.

Anyway end of story now hopefully the club will move forward.