Cornwall Football Forum

playing players who do not play for the club or a certain team in pre season games?

i was just wondering what everyones opinions are on teams playing people who dont play for their football club or play for another team in the club, i understand if your short of players or whatever or if someone jumps up a team to play higher standard but why some managers for example have 3rd team fixture play 1st team players and leave 3rd team players on bench surely pre season is about growing unity as team if a player needs a run out fair enough but not just because want to get result which aint key in pre season friendlies is it? i thought was more about building match-fitness , team work, and becoming a group whon want to play with and for eachother and a chance for the manager to use and try the players he will have available to him most weeks in certain roles or formations! let me know your thoughts :)

i was just wondering what everyones opinions are on teams playing people who dont play for their football club or play for another team in the club, i understand if your short of players or whatever or if someone jumps up a team to play higher standard but why some managers for example have 3rd team fixture play 1st team players and leave 3rd team players on bench surely pre season is about growing unity as team if a player needs a run out fair enough but not just because want to get result which aint key in pre season friendlies is it? i thought was more about building match-fitness , team work, and becoming a group whon want to play with and for eachother and a chance for the manager to use and try the players he will have available to him most weeks in certain roles or formations! let me know your thoughts :)

Yes very true but what If those first team players have missed a few games and need fitness.. Club game ..

Pre season I dont care who plays for who, if those clubs want to win so much thats fine! When the season starts and those players arent available! Your then relying on the ppl you didnt play in the friendlies then these teams have a problem because some of these players may have left to get matchtime! I would always make myself available for 2nds but not expect to take the place of a loyal player, more than hsppy to sit on the bench if needed!

Think asterix has caught you out stokefan, I've played both you and pool utd, and shaun played for both teams!

i totally agree shaun did play for us and not denying it we,ve had couple others who were trying to get to play sunday football for us and he is one of them because lot of our players dont want too play both saturdays and sundays and we want to defend both cups we won last season on sundays so trying to get together a strong sunday and hopefully shaun and others were gonna be involved ! i agree abbo if players missed games need match time but not at the exspense of a player who would be playing in that team throughout the season

i was aiming the topic at when managers have players available from different teams in the club they would sometimes in pre season prefer to get the result than play the players they will have most likely for the season to get them playing together and a bit of team unity and yeah true abbo nothing worse but guess eachh manager has different goals and targets for pre season

Or, because it's a "club" that's the whole point of having various teams at a club, for youngsters to gain experience with the experienced players or to give others a chance at Rotation. Most of the reason clubs have 2 or 3 teams is to bring the standard of football at the club, closer. Or for when players aren't playing well, they are dropped into say the clubs 2nds or 3rds to improve visa versa with players that are improving or playing well. A club will never have set in stone squads or teams, it's all about improvement and quality of players.

You shouldn't play anyone not looking to play for the club, its a waste of time and will upset signed on players! For players to respect a club, the club should respect the players who have committed.

If you don't play them how would you expect them to get interested in the team, you want them to join.

Stokefan by the sounds of this thread your aiming it a the illogan 3rds vs gwineer 2nds game last night?,cos illogan used 4 1st teamers 2 of which needed match time,1 has been on holiday and 1 injured so i dnt see a problem wiv that as they have signed for the whole club anyway,gwinner had a combo player in who has alot of mates at that club and has played for the manager before when he was incharge of robartes and prob has signed for him as cover this year,so i dnt see a problem with who played for either team last night.

I believe that to keep players intetested you have to play different players for the different teams ie 1st, 2nd, 3rd, as I've already heard of a club who are losing players as the first team were always picked ahead of 2nd team players because they had different day for friendlies. Surely you should be playing all players to determine who should be in which squad and bit just same few with rest of squad made with what's available on day

Don't want to mention names as don't wanna cause arguments but one team I watched on a Saturday when all three of there teams were playing and we then played there third team 4 days later and only had 2 that played on Saturday as the manager said 'I wanted to win game' which I thinks wrong and your not gonna learn anything from when the season arrives

i`m new to management and my twopennys worth is let them all play and see who is in the mix come league match day.Its real hard to balance the junior/senior thing from a club perspective and i hope that changes as i`ve four players who can`t play sat or for the next 5 games because of some outdated rule- REINSTATEMENT :SM_carton: so to sum up its all about attracting players who want to play week in week out and if that means giving brandon geach( generic name) a run out then thats how it is.Enjoy sat boys i know i will win or lose :smiley20: