Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell Vs Liverton - Sat 25th Aug 3.00pm KO

AFC St Austell take on Liverton at Poltair Park on Saturday, Liverton have started in fine fashion so this will be another hard match.

Speaking to Nanks yesterday he is in a positive mood after the dissapointment of a narrow loss against Bodmin on Wednesday night so we are hoping for another entertaining game at Poltair Park.

Hope to see everyone up there again.

Adults - £4

Children - Free

Many thanks

Lea

Rain ? What rain ? Having seen Livvy in pre-season, you will have to avoid the usual route one tactics, they have two monsters at centre-back, wouldn't look out of place in a USA Basketball side.

Hope you keep up the 300+ crowds but I fear we will all suffer on a bank holiday weekend, especially against a club with zero visiting supporters.

Rain ? What rain ? Having seen Livvy in pre-season, you will have to avoid the usual route one tactics, they have two monsters at centre-back, wouldn't look out of place in a USA Basketball side.

Hope you keep up the 300+ crowds but I fear we will all suffer on a bank holiday weekend, especially against a club with zero visiting supporters.

The BBC Rain Man, sorry Weather Man, says its going to chuck it down tomorrow morning, hope he's wrong.

The BBC Rain Man, sorry Weather Man, says its going to chuck it down tomorrow morning, hope he's wrong.

Rain Man was spot on, its hammering down. Got my doubts that Poltair will survive this lot.

According to Twitter, match abandoned after 10 mins

Correct. Match Abandoned after 15 minutes. Assistants complained that the lines were washed out after another deluge. To be fair to Jimmy Srout the match referee it was perfectly reasonable to start and the ball travelled well across the ground but the problem was the markings.

We use clay on our lines, the fact is that it rained hard for 3 1/2 hours solid, players could not stay on there feet, and the pitch was beginning to cut up massively. After the game had been abandoned myself and two others tried to repair divots left after 15mins of play (and there was a few believe me!) but our trainers, boots were just sinking into the ground, if the game continued even to half time we would not have a pitch left which would be a disaster seems we are in August. It continued to rain for a further 2 hours after the abandonment so i feel that it was the right decision.

I would like to apologies to Liverton but there is nothing we can do about the weather, i was at the pitch at 12 when we was just getting slight showers and the pitch was firm, but 3-4 hours later it was un-playable, one poor Liverton player got booked for making an average tackle but because of the conditions could not sstop sliding which made it look worse than what it was!!!