Bodmin Town vs Callington Town

Launceston vs Falmouth Town

Liskeard Athletic vs Penryn Athletic

Millbrook vs St Austell

Newquay vs Torpoint Athletic

Porthleven vs Camelford

Saltash United vs St Blazey

Wadebridge Town vs Penzance

I would have thought that Goonhavern (ex SWL side) would have got the nod ahead of some others especially after all the charity they gave out last season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no seriously they did win the swl fair play award for 2006/07 and maybe that should have tipped the balance.

Guest Peppermint

Qiute agree with WHURU that Goonhavern were overlooked both seasons they have been members of the now defunct CSWL and now the County had the chance to give them an invitation they have given it to Camelford! Why Camelford and not say Hayle,Mousehole, Wendron, Dobwalls or Foxhole. Giving Truro City's place to Goonhavern would have solved that problem because they have been in the equivalent league for two years.

Perhaps someone from the powers that be could explain the decision.

it would be nice to hear the reactions from the new clubs in the SWPL that were overlooked in favour of Camelford. I know the entry is by invitation so were the others invited but declined!

Guest Postie Pidge

The reason they were overlooked before is because the invitation only competition is open to 16 teams. As there were already the full quota everyone else was ineligible. In the late 90s when Falmouth didn't compete, their place was alternated to an ECPL team (Nanpean) one year and a Combo team (Helston) the other.

Goonhavern would be the next best bet but this season they begin on the same par as Foxhole, Camelford, Hayle etc

Guest Peppermint

I know that Goonhavern were not invited before because they already had 16 teams. But surely Goonhavern have been at the higher level for two seasons and would have been the logical choice without having to upset the other five new teams in the Peninsula League.

I have a feeling that Dave Deacon's posting gives the clue to the strange decision. If that is true then obviously money talks and not fairness! I would feel agrieved if I was a Goonhavern manager, player or supporter.

It would be interesting to hear the views of followers of Mousehole, Hayle, Wendron, Foxhole and Dobwalls or for that matter Camelford!

You are spot on Mr Deacon, Mr Chairman and Peppermint whoever you are. We bribed the County officials to gain entry to this competition. We signed the son of the County secretary to ensure our participation. We even provided the County officials with chicken legs and sausage rolls at our recent pitch opening to cement our grovelling relationship.

What twisted little minds you must have?

And before some little twit responds with "hit a raw nerve there" no, it's just laughable to think that I would be trying to "pull a few strings" to enter this worthy competition.

What do the County make of your inferences? It would be interesting to hear their view.

Harry, I resent the inference that the invitation into this competitition was in any way underhand. We, as a club, were suprised and delighted to receive the invite as I am sure any of the other clubs mentioned would have been.

To be honest, we had not given this competition a thought and had the invite gone to any of the other clubs we certainly would not have been looking for some sort of hidden agenda. I'm not surprised that no fuss has been made by the other clubs involved. They probably wish us good luck as we would them.

What do you mean by a more Senior club as I understand that we will all be competing in SWPL Div. 1 West this season? We were est. in 1893, and were founder members of the SWL and ECPL.

Over the last few months we have been pilloried for our invitations into the SWPL, the ECPL and now the Charity Cup.

Perhaps we were given the chance because we were the South West Charter Standard Club of the year in 2006, we have donated £1000 to the Sunrise Appeal and £500 to the local rotary club in the last 12 months or, more likely, we were previously in the competition for a number of years. Or perhaps we were drawn from a hat, I don't know.

I will say no more on the subject as like most managers I am looking forward to our match on Saturday and prefer to concentrate on my own club's affairs.

Guest Peppermint

How dare you make stupid and unfounded accusations Reg Hambly any fair minded football supporter would say that Goonhavern would be the logical choice to be the Charity Cup invitee instead of Truro City. Obviously people are going to ask questions and want some answers!

Why are your club invited before Foxhole and Dobwalls for instance who I think finished above you in the League table last season. This is also not taking into account the three Combination League sides from last season. What right have to lord it over the other clubs and especially Goonhavern who achieved CSWL status two seasons ago.

One more point I would take the word of a respected football pundit in Postie Pidge in that Camelford were not founder members of the South Western League.

Goonhavern should have had the place in the Charity Cup and most FAIR MINDED followers of football would agree.

Mr Hambly I resent the fact that according to you I and Mr Chairman and Dave Decon have twisted minds and I back my intelligence and intellect against yours anyday and all I am seeking is fair play and a logical and correct decision. Mr Chairman and Dave Deacon and myself are only asking for some sort of explanation of this baffling decision.

Perhaps Meatloaf as the answer but obviously we will probably never know - life is certainly unfair in the world of Cornish football. Why doesn't someone from the powers that be have the guts to come on here and give an answer! I think we might be waiting a long time!

Why the bitterness towards Camelford? Surely any angst should be directed at the CCFA in not providing an explaination of their choice of entrant. On the matter of re election to the ECPL Camelford were the only club to make the effort to send us correspondence detailing why they felt we should vote for them.Whenever I've dealt with Reg he has always been staight and I say good luck to any club who are trying to progress.I'm not holding my breath for an explaination from CCFA though!.

Guest Peppermint

Yes Dave I too probably have a twisted mind! If that means that I would like all things to be fair for all parties in the football world then probably it means I am twisted!

Thanks for the info cornishteddyboy that confirms Postie Pidge's post that Camelford were not founder members of the CSWL.

Perhaps we should start a campaign to have Goonhavern put into the draw for the Charity Cup - but on second thoughts why bother because I might as well go and bang my head against a brick wall!

Obviously I am being totally naive to expect an explanation about the thinking behind this decision.

Just read David Lobb's posting and I don't think anyone was having a go at Camelford but just wanting to know why the logical choice - Goonhavern - was not made. It was Mr Hambly who came onto the Forum and accused everyone of having twisted minds because we dare ask for a simple explanation from the powers that be.

Why not take the Teams from the lower Divisions and lighten the load on the top Teams?

Couldn't agree more.

The SWP Premier teams are eligble to enter the FA Cup and have a real chance of reaching the Senior Cup or Throgmorton Cup final. The SWP Div 1 are precluded from the FA Cup and unlikely to win any of the cups.

Devon FA have the right idea, with the Premier Cup limited to SWP Div 1 clubs (and below), with the SWP Premier clubs in the St Lukes, both divisions in the Throgmorton. Cornwall FA should consider something similar.

Dave, Mr Chairman. I apologise for the "twisted minds" comment. After a day spent mainly on football matters, which is a complete labour of love, I came home to find that we were once again the subject of negative comment and with my integrity being called into question, reacted hastily.

Peppermint, with statements such as "money talks", "lording it over other clubs," "people asking qestions" I would also like to withdraw my "twisted" comment and replace it with "sad". Camelford are a small club, run by hard working volunteers, and have no illusions about our place in cornish football. We are excited about the new season and looking forward to meeting the people of Mousehole, Wendron, Hayle, Penryn, Goonhavern et al.

Guest Peppermint

Mr Hambly - perhaps you should read all my postings before making the comment 'sad'. I too have spent some years putting in several hours a day on football administration. I only ask for fair and equitable decisions and surely any fair minded follower of football would wish that. I did not call your integrity into question and I am sure you work very hard for the good of your club and your new facilities are praised by all that visit your ground.

Just trying to provoke an explanation from the powers that be!

Still we will have to disagree I suppose but good luck to Camelford for the coming season.

Guest Peppermint

Thanks Reg - I see that you are at Mount Wise on Wednesday 5th September so hopefully I will see you there. I will be pleased to treat you to a drink in the bar sfter the game. Again good luck for the coming season.

Guest Postie Pidge

One more point I would take the word of a respected football pundit in Postie Pidge in that Camelford were not founder members of the South Western League

Thanks Peppermint! I've been called many things but never a pundit. :yahoo:

It costs £20 to enter a team and it is on invitation, so clubs could decline the invite and allow others the chance to enter.