Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Thanks for all the help over the weekend.

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please as I have to e-mail the info to the newspapers by Wednesday morning

You can also text me on 07597907549 with any details especially about any match Ludgvan play as they seem to be the only club who don't pass anything on. I had the same problem last time they were in the league.

Cornwall Combination League

21st August 2012

Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Wort) 1-3 Illogan RBL (Ian Cullingham, Sam Emery, Adam Calloway)

Att - 85

Mullion (Rob Carey, Alan Thomas, Sam Harry, Dagan Vaughn-Spruce, OG) 5-2 Holman SC (Rikki Smith 2)

Att - 51

Newquay Reserves (Sam McKune) 1-2 St Agnes (Duane Briton, OG)

Att - 56

Pendeen Rovers (Gary Matthews 2, Scott Meagor) 3-1 Ludgvan (Tom Patrick)

Att - 120

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ryan Reeve, Mike Cruse) 2-1 Troon (James Paradise)

Att - 34

Perranwell 0-3 St Day (Tom Hogarth, Chris Tolley, Gavin Boon)

Att - 60

Porthleven Reserves (OG) 1-3 Hayle Reserves (Billy Foster, Chris Bullock, OG)

Att - 35

St Ives Town (Jowan May, Scott Clulee) 2-1 St Just (Callum George)

Att - 55

Wendron United (Ryan Tressider 2, Tom Langford 2, JustinSearle) 5-2 Falmouth Athletic (Ben Kellow 2)

Att - 32

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 WENDRON UNITED 2 2 0 0 11 3 8 6

2 PENDEEN ROVERS 2 2 0 0 6 2 4 6

3 ST AGNES 2 2 0 0 5 3 2 6

4 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 2 2 0 0 4 2 2 6

5 MULLION 2 1 1 0 7 4 3 4

6 ST DAY 2 1 1 0 4 1 3 4

7 ST IVES TOWN 2 1 1 0 3 2 1 4

8 PERRANWELL 2 1 0 1 5 4 1 3

9 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 2 1 0 1 5 5 0 3

10 ILLOGAN RBL 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 3

11 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 2 1 0 1 3 4 -1 3

12 HAYLE RESERVES 2 1 0 1 4 6 -2 3

13 GOONHARVEN ATHLETIC 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1

14 RNAS CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

15 ST JUST 2 0 0 2 2 4 -2 0

16 TROON 2 0 0 2 2 4 -2 0

17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0

18 LUDGVAN 2 0 0 2 3 6 -3 0

19 NEWQUAY RESERVES 2 0 0 2 1 5 -4 0

20 HOLMAN SC 2 0 0 2 3 11 -8 0

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned from the saltings and still numb from what I have seen, 5 bookings up to the 88min, St Ives leading 2-1, a huge brawl prevailed, four sent off and a disgrace to Cornish football. Numerous children watching and some clearly upset. The people who watched the game will have their own views like myself. You have to ask the question why ?

Just returned from the saltings and still numb from what I have seen, 5 bookings up to the 88min, St Ives leading 2-1, huge brawled prevailed, four sent off and a disgrace to Cornish football. Numerous children watching and some clearly upset. The people who watched the game will have their own views like myself. You have to ask the question why ?

Cant wait for that match report, What caused such a brawl??

Guest smashing pumpkin

Im not going to comment on that im afraid, but have to share my frustrations as a spectator. Im so glad i did take my son tonight, i really mean that.

your glad you took your son? after witnessing a brawl

Just returned from the saltings and still numb from what I have seen, 5 bookings up to the 88min, St Ives leading 2-1, huge brawled prevailed, four sent off and a disgrace to Cornish football. Numerous children watching and some clearly upset. The people who watched the game will have their own views like myself. You have to ask the question why ?

Did the game finish 2-1?

Penryn 2-1 Troon

Att- 35ish...

Yet again Troon will come away with the frustration of not getting something from this game,first half things pretty even,2nd half all Troon just couldn't grab that equaliser. Credit to winno and penryn who will be there or there abouts again this year with a good squad of players youth mixed with experience,they'll do well. Appologies to winnos lad who I 'judo' throwed out of touch,looks like hes done some damage to his arm/wrist,no intention to hurt the lad,send my regards,not a touch on what happened down at the st Ives game mind...!!

All the best to winno and penryn for the remainder of the season.

Did the game finish 2-1?

Yes it was 2-1 FT

Wendron 5-2 Fal Ath

Decent game of football.

Tressider x2 Langford x2 and one for Searle for Wendron.

Well reffed up to point of sending off for one of our lads, even the Fal boys said it was never a red and to be fair to them they told the ref to put the red away. Ref then sent off an Athletic player for a stamp. Referee then says " Well at least it's even now...Oh I didn't mean it like that." disappointing as he had a good game up until that point.

Thanks to Atheletic and best of luck.

Wendron 5-2 Fal Ath

Decent game of football.

Well reffed up to point of sending off for one of our lads, even the Fal boys said it was never a red and to be fair to them they told the ref to put the red away. Ref then sent off an Athletic player for a stamp. Referee then says " Well at least it's even now...Oh I didn't mean it like that." disappointing as he had a good game up until that point.

who was sent off for athletic?

Wendron 5-2 Fal Ath

Decent game of football.

Probably Richard Kellow.

Wendron 5-2 Fal Ath

Decent game of football.

Probably Richard Kellow.

I doubt it, as I would have thought he has gone to Penryn with Phil.

Ah ok

riggins74 - sorry for the delay, laptop playing up. I was standing not far from the St Just dugout sir.

I was in line with the Penalty Box, about ten yards away from the brawl. It wasn't good viewing.

Hideous. Irrespective of his performance prior to this, it’s always easy to blame the ref, but how do you deal with a situation like that.

Punches were thrown, the St Ives players reacted, all shown red for their actions. Players are to blame not the ref.

I was at the game - result St Ives 2 St Just 1 - Generally a good game, lots of good football played by both sides. Referee was poor from the start and lost control completely just before the end. The brawl, which resulted in 5 players in all being sent off, 3 St Ives 2 St Just, was started when St Just were awarded a free kick just minutes from the end. The St Just keeper Andrew Curnow left his goal and came up for the free kick - ball came over and the St Just keeper appeared to be elbowed in the face as he jumped for the ball in the middle of the melay. ( I stand to be corrected). After that all hell broke loose and a massive brawl broke out lasting a few moments. Result was five sendings off in total. A good game spoilt by a poor ref.

Surely the ref can't be blamed for ruining the game if the players decide to have a punch up. Responsibility lies with them to control their actions.

Mullion 5 vs Holmans 2 - Holmans goalscorer was rikki smith one pen and a tap in from an aaron meredith cross/shot, would like to wish rikki all the best and hope he will be fit soon after a bed clash of heads that left him requiring a ambluance after collapsing in the changing room after the game, other than that bad point i would like to wish mullion all the best for the rest of the season and look forward to playing you at Blaythorne's later on in the season :) :)

When inexperienced referees are being observed, they tend to do everything by the book. Can't comment on detail, as I wa in Gloucestrshire this evening, but I have never seen five off in one game in my life. Apparently nobody was killed and the relationship between the teams at the end was perfectly cordial. Another good payday for the imperialist English CCFA and another ironic thumbs up for the Platini tendency and their campaign to emasculate Cornish football.

"Upset children":?....thiey see worse on line and on East Enders all the time. Well done to St Ives on the three points....not quite like the 5-0 Tinners win last time you came to Lafrowda, but a win is a win. .....fair play !

Tinners will finish top six and the Wingnut is a LEGEND !......36 games to go. 108 points could still win the title. Bring on the mighty Perranwell ! :c::yahoo: :yahoo:

I dont think this should be a witch hunt against ethier side. Individuals let themselves down so badly this evening. You cannot defend the actions of the players involved who violated the rules, also no excuses to throw punches. I echo my sentiments once again, dont blame the ref for sending players off tonight.

I personally thought he could have booked at least another 2-3 players in the first half, maybe it would have been 5 a side by the end.

Mr Beer, I have to agree with Eastenders a very harrowing experience, it was even more annoying when you had to be kicked out of Truro College every night, as my father needed to get home for tea.