Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell Vs Bodmin - Weds 22nd Aug 7.30pm KO

AFC St Austell welcome Bodmin to Poltair Park for their 2nd home game of the season.

After an openeing game win over Newquay and a midweek win at Camelford , Nanks will have his work cut out against the defending Champions, but with the squad he has assembled this should be a cracker!!

So hopefully see you there.

Admission £4 for Adults £2 Concession Children Free

Many thanks

Lea

Why are St Austell and St Blazey playing at home on the same night? How short sighted is this. Obviously a majority of the neutrals will want to be at Poltair to watch Bodmin and not at Blaize Park to watch Camelford,very poor show by the fixture chappie

Absolutely madness..............Why can't the people who arrange the fixtures sort this kind of thing out. Again the excuse will be blamed on the computer once more, surely it can't be to difficult to see the list and try to help local teams, and not have them playing home on the same day which will of course dilute attendances. But hey ho the CCFA know best how to make teams struggle for revenue?

Absolutely madness..............Why can't the people who arrange the fixtures sort this kind of thing out. Again the excuse will be blamed on the computer once more, surely it can't be to difficult to see the list and try to help local teams, and not have them playing home on the same day which will of course dilute attendances. But hey ho the CCFA know best how to make teams struggle for revenue?

This really has nothing to do with the CCFA, but with the gentleman at the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League.

In my own personal opinion, the fixtures are rushed out and little regard is made for what could be deemed "unsuitable fixtures".

The "clashing" of St Blazey and St Austell fixtures should have been avoided, as should the likes of Penzance v Saltash United in midweek.

This really has nothing to do with the CCFA, but with the gentleman at the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League.

In my own personal opinion, the fixtures are rushed out and little regard is made for what could be deemed "unsuitable fixtures".

The "clashing" of St Blazey and St Austell fixtures should have been avoided, as should the likes of Penzance v Saltash United in midweek.

Completely agree pastyman, expecting teams to travel that distance midweek is ludicrous. Same for witheridge And cullumpton in the other direction coming down to Plymouth area midweek.

There are enough mid to west Cornwall teams to play midweek vs one another, enough mid Devon teams for midweek games, and enough Plymouth based teams for midweek fixtures.

Distance is one thing, but the main problem is players and fans having to leave work early/take time off to get to the game

Both St Austell and St Blazeys Peninsular Premier teams are home together not only this Wednesday but also another six times throughout the season 13th October/ 17th october/24th November/22nd December/ 23rd of February and finally 16 th March

The brains at Blaise Park should attempt to sort this as they will probably lose most by this.

I believe, if my memory serves me right, the only way that this kind of unfortunate clash of fixture can be avoided by any home Club would be to submit a request to rearrange the Saturday fixture for the Friday night beforehand.

And if my memory serves me right again, Friday night football was not seen as an appropriate step forward for the powers to be at Blaise Park during my time there. Of course that may have changed now though.

I have made my feelings known for the last 3 years that Newquay and Godolphin home games clash 6 or 7 times a season. No attempt to alternate the clubs fixtures at all from what I can see, can't be that difficult, can it ?

Personally, I love Friday night SWPL footy, it means I and many others can follow the Ressies on the Saturday !

Of course, the solution is simple! I'll put my name forward to do the fixtures next season and there will be no more problems with ridiculous fixtures.

Now, what did I do with Phil Hiscox's phone number?

Do St Austell supporters really watch all St Blazey games when their team do not have a match (and vice versa)? :)

Obviously not, but a few of the local footballers do float around when not playing.