Cornwall Football Forum

***Players Wanted***

We as a football club are still on the look out for some players.

With the season soon upon us Gunnislake Football Club are still seeking players to play for either of our duchy sides (1 & 4).

We have a training match 1st v 2nds on Tuesday night instead of training this week.

For those intrested in playing either email me or give me a txt (as i work nights).

Looking for players to play week in week out and not time wasters as the league starts on Saturday 25th August, Home v Wadebridge Town.

andybrown1985@hotmail.co.uk or 0790935764

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Calstock FC have also found it very hard to get players in this year!! It's very much touch and go for us at the moment!!

Do you think players are moving back to P&D football to save on travel costs?

Good luck in your search, hopefully both teams can survive for us if not we will try and point them in your direction

Calstock FC have also found it very hard to get players in this year!! It's very much touch and go for us at the moment!!

Do you think players are moving back to P&D football to save on travel costs?

Good luck in your search, hopefully both teams can survive for us if not we will try and point them in your direction

Hey...

I think this could be the case.

Calstock are properly very much like us down at Gunnislake. Most local talent, they tend to be attracted to the 'bigger clubs' that can offer a good standard of football, and the quality of pitches on a weekly basis.

Obviously playing grass roots football has its costs which could be the reason why players won’t travel 20miles for a home match.

Luckily at the moment we have 2 squads that consists of about 35 players, give and take injuries, holidays and suspensions. Sometimes you end up with bear 11 on a weekly basis.

Again your two squads are properly the same as ours. With our 1st team having only 6 players living within a 5mile radius and the rest made up with Plymouth / Saltash lads.

Luckily our reserve side have nearly 15 local lads mostly under the age of 20 and one or two older gents to help them along in the 'adult' footballing world!

We are not struggling as such for players but adding one or two extra players wouldn’t go down a miss!