Torpoint Ath v Witheridge

Division One East : 7.30pm unless stated

Newton Abbot Spurs v Galmpton Utd

Totnes & Dartington v Teignmouth (6.30)

Division One West : 6.30pm

Hayle v Penryn Ath

Mousehole v Helston Ath

Sticker v St Dennis

Is this going to be a regular preview of the midweek fixtures Dave ?

Would suggest to all clubs ( especially in the Plymouth area ) that they need to make sure their midweek home matches are previewed here , especially now The Herald have made the decision to stop doing the previews/reports of all midweek non-league games . A few people didn't realise that Parkway v Tavistock was being played last Tuesday eveing .

HERALD COVERAGE parkway dont do bad there every friday H E A D L I N E S theres 3 other teams vospers elburton plymstock ???? that would love the coverage parkway get mmmmm

Ricky ,

I am not quite sure how this has turned into a heated discussion , but I will go other it in slightly more detail for you .

Point 1 - I was enquiring as to whether this would be a regular round up of the week ahead . A good idea in my opinion as it would sway the thoughts of people who might fancy taking in a game , but otherwise would not know about them .

Point 2 - It was aimed at all clubs in the Herald catchment area (think that Ivybridge Town fall within this) , hence the term "Plymouth Area". I was concerned that all the clubs in this group would suffer from a lack of media coverage .

Nothing to stop you previewing the Ivybridge games Ricky , we all enjoy reading your contributions .

I think you'll probably find that Saltash, Torpoint, Liskeard and Callington also had coverage of fixtures and results in the Herald. A bit of a shame if they are stopping the media coverage. I am also aware that the St Austell v Bodmin is Live to Stream on cornwallchannel.co.uk. Would be nice if this became a regular thing.

St.Blazey, St.Austell and Sticker all at home tomorrow night. With these all being in Mid Cornwall, the gates will all be lower than if they were on different nights. Good fixture planning?

Totally agree, absolute madness.

The original fixtures had Blazey at home on the Tuesday but they requested a switch to Wednesday.

If you add Foxhole, St Dennis, Godolphin, Perranporth & Newquay there's at least 8 teams in "mid-Cornwall" so it's inevitable that at least 2 or 3 of them will be at home on the same day.

St.Blazey, St.Austell and Sticker all at home tomorrow night. With these all being in Mid Cornwall, the gates will all be lower than if they were on different nights. Good fixture planning?

The original fixtures had Blazey at home on the Tuesday but they requested a switch to Wednesday.

If you add Foxhole, St Dennis, Godolphin, Perranporth & Newquay there's at least 8 teams in "mid-Cornwall" so it's inevitable that at least 2 or 3 of them will be at home on the same day.

St Blazey has always been Wednesday for midweek games.But more common sense was needed before these fixtures were confirmed.

St Blazey has always been Wednesday for midweek games.But more common sense was needed before these fixtures were confirmed.

I understand what you're saying but it wouldn't hurt to play on a different night once in a while if it gets more through the gate.

The fixtures are published well in advance of the season & it shouldn't be difficult for club secretaries to spot clashes with near neighbours and ask to change the date of one of the matches. And for weekend games there's now the popular Friday night option.

I believe the League secretary works his socks off to make the fixtures fit with the requirements of the clubs, so really the clubs only have themselves to blame.