Third Division

LC Phoenix 4 - 2 Calstock Reserves

Fourth Division

Wadebridge Town 3 - 2 St. Teath

Fifth Division

Tregrehan Mills 5 - 1 St. Newlyn East Reserves

Guest smashing pumpkin

Tregrehan Mills 5 - St Newlyn East 1 , Duchy div 5

Tregrehan Mills scored some good goals in this game, the actual game was fairly evan but Tregrehan finishing proved to far superior.

Newlyn East arrived with 11 men and battled the 90 mins with bare 11, with some carrying some knocks .

My 1st game outfield in a long time and really enjoyed the run around disptite the score line. Unfortunatly this will be a 1 off and will be back in goal for Perranporth next weekend. Good luck to both teams for their season ahead.

LC Phoenix 4 Calstock 2

Launceston College Phoenix started the cagier of the two sides and conceded some careless possession in the opening stages of this encounter. Surprisingly, they took the lead when Jack Basford found space on the right and sent a low shot beyond the keeper to be bundled by a Calstock defender into his own net. Calstock, however, are a resilient side and clawed their way back into the game by capitalising on two careless defensive errors to take the lead 2-1 at half time.

In the second half Phoenix were unrecognizable; where they were previously cautious and uncertain, now they were confident and precise. Jake Collings met a looping cross from right back Adam Daw to draw equal for the home side while Matt Brookes came alive to score a delicious chip from twenty yards to give Phoenix the lead and the momentum. Calstock, reeling at the Phoenix comeback, lost their rhythm and shape and Brookes once again found his way through the defence to slot the ball past the advancing goalkeeper and bring home all three points for the alumni team.

The White Hart Hotel Man of the Match: Jon Bye- grew in confidence and guile throughout the game to allow Phoenix the springboard they needed to unsettle Calstock.

Lamerton 0-3 Torpoint

A dissapointing result for Lamerton against a very tidy Torpoint side that played some nice simple football very well!

Lamerton managed to hold out for 65-70 minutes before conceeding a penalty that was well taken to give Torpoint the lead.

Sloppy defending from a corner allowed Torpoint to double thier lead from a headed goal and the third was a deflected clerance that fell to the Torpoint player to finish well from inside the box.

All in all Lamerton managed to contain Torpoint and started to show promise in the 2nd half creating half chances and when the penalty went in Lamerton heads fell.

But Torpoint are a good young footballing side and will do well this year.

The only thing i will say is im dissapointed in certain Lamerton players and thier attitudes which quite frankly can go out the pitch gate and stay out!

All the best to Torpoint for the season and see you at your place

Cheers

Ernie

AFC St Austell 9-1Newlyn East

Hutchings 5

Ham

Body

Griffiths-Hughes

Kitson

What happened in this game??? Did St austell outclass newlyn or were they just very poor? Did St austell have any 1st team players playing?

Mike Body played and Jason Peters was in goal, I believe that Newlyn had a few missing but St Austell were class in the 1st half, the game was already over at 5-0.

Ha ha only 2 players and the rest! At one point I asked a player how many they had and he said one then another said 3 and then another said 5! Also had 8 on the bench and 2 didn't even get changed up!!

Take nothing away from st.austell that out classed us today! But then you expect that when face a team with the majority of the players playing at peninsula prem level!!

JJ Jones Duchy Football League from Michael Newcombe

AFC St.Austell promoted as Division One champions last season made a stunning start to the Premier Division season with a 9-1 thrashing of St.Newlyn East. The hosts were five up at the break. Phil Hutchings scored two early goals with Neil Ham adding the third from a thirty-yard strike. Hutchings completed his hat trick from the penalty spot with new signing Alex Griffiths-Hughes scoring the fifth before half time. Hutchings’ day got even better in the second half with two more goals taking him to five in the game. Dave Kitson and Mike Body completed the home scoring with Chris Symons getting a late consolation for the visitor’s.

Bodmin Saints go into the season with new management and a virtually new team and they were made to learn a hard lesson for missing first half chances when beaten 7-2 at home by Probus. The visitors struggled badly last season, but have worked hard in close season to improve and they thoroughly deserved their victory. Ross Vicary scored four goals on his club debut with Sam Bullen adding a brace. Ben Keevil completed the visitors scoring.

Expectations from the young squad at Torpoint Athletic are quite high and they started with a superb three nil win at Lamerton. Sam Trethewey, Tom Smith and Zak Pearce scored a goal apiece.

There was just one game in Division One where newly promoted Pensilva fought out a creditable four all draw with Pelynt. Ali Carter scored a brace for Pelynt with Liam Jones and Marcus Metters completing their tally. Sam Rogers replied with a brace with Aden Cole and Jack Podmore also finding the net.

Lostwithiel were given a hard game by Foxhole as both clubs opened their Division Two campaigns. Tom Hicks gave Foxhole a first half lead. James Hutchings equalised just after half time, but Hicks quickly restored the visitor’s advantage. Lostwithiel equalised for the second time through Kevin Morcom, and then won the game in injury time when Ryan Searle pounced to score.

LC Phoenix, newly promoted to Division Three, opened with a 4-2 victory over Calstock reserves. Matt Brookes scored a brace with Jake Collings and Jack Basford completing the home scoring. Sam Turner and Richie Williams scored for a new look Calstock team.

Wadebridge Town started their Division Four campaign with a 3-2 win over near neighbours St.Teath. Richard Dunstan scored from the spot with Tristan Brown heading their second. Robert Centini scored the third from a one-on-one with keeper. The visitors replied through Darren Burden and Scott Bennett.

League newcomers Tregrehan Mills started with a victory defeating St.Newlyn East reserves 5-1. Diogo Reis claimed the club’s first ever hat trick with Clive Coram and Dean Seville adding a goal apiece. Dave Kent scored the visitor’s consolation.

Reinstatement applies to players who have played senior football in the previous season, as well as the current season.

i hate this rule and it applies to two seasons not one...it needs changing...in my opinion if you sign junior football then your junior football...likewise if you sign senior football then you are senior football and again in my opinion this should be wiped clean for the start of each season.....but it aint :(

St Austell would only be allowed to have 4 maximum reinstated to play, as per spirit of the game.

I think you will find most of the team are ex senior players who have stuck together and come up through the league system.

Ok that's interesting. We had 8 unavailable today although to think that St Austell only played 2 from the senior side is equally interesting. Our coach was told 8 by St Austell supporters?

I'm ex-senior and I saw at least 5/6 lads who were more than capable of playing SWPL. They had at least 6 on the bench and I witnessed at least 1 lad maybe 2 get quite upset about not getting a game because first team players were playing? One lad stormed off.

Fair enough 11 v 11 St Austell were the better team by a country mile and as far as I'm concerned everyone has two legs, two arms and one head so when you get beat you get beat!

The league doesn't lie and I'm sure we wont come up against such strong opposition every week. If thats St Austell's starting 11 every week I can only imagine they will win this league very easily. We played good football in spells and kept plugging away and got our goal late in the game which is testament to the fact we never gave up. We played Perranwell, Newquay and Porthleven first's in pre-season and that St Austell side could well have beaten all of those sides. So credit and good luck for the season.

Unless things have changed this season there's no limit on reinstated/senior players in the duchy league as with the situation st.columb found there selves in last season when it came to the junior cup where the limit is four reinstated in the current season,it might not seem fair to the smaller clubs but it is 'afc st.austell club' & if all players are part of that club you just got to get on with it.The main fault lies with the ccfa & this stupid reinstatement rule,should be only sign for one club & be able to play for any team with in that club,can't see it happening though as it would lose the ccfa a mint in fees.

Regarding the controversy over the St Austell v St Newlyn East game, i'm actually sat here with the St Austell 1st team manager next to me and he has confirmed that there were 2 players from his squad playing. One was the goalkeeper because the 2nd's normal goaly was working and the other was Mike Body who needed the minutes as he hasn't played any league games at all this season so far.

I know most of the St Austell boys and they are a good side assembled from a fair few ex-senior players but as far as this season goes they are all juniors. I think this is a defeat that the St Newlyn East players need to take on the chin.....they won't be the last to get a hammering from this St Austell side.

Well done Knighter.....good start to the season.

Duchy 2

Lostwithiel 3-2 Foxhole

Glad to get 3 points on the board today but in fairness we (Lostwithiel) played very poorly, particularly in the 1st half when Foxhole worked much harder than us on an off the ball and were deservedly leading at the break. James Hutchings restored parity in the 2nd half with a drive past the oncoming keeper and then a lapse at the back led to another Foxhole goal making it 2-1. Finally Lostwithiel clicked in to gear and managed to draw level after a well worked move was finished off by Kevin Morcom on the volley.

The home side were in the ascendancy but were frustrated by the wood work on several occasions and were then denied a goal after a controversial offside decision, which i'm still scratching my head about....seeing as I was the scorer and ran from behind another player to slot it away!! Nevertheless we got our rewards with a winning goal with just minutes to play after Ryan Searle tapped in from close range.

Fair play to Foxhole for their efforts today and i'm sure they may feel a little agrieved at going away empty handed. Hopefully Lostwithiel will make some much needed improvement in the coming games to push for promotion this year.

On a sour note, very disappointed that none of the Foxhole players came back to the pub after the game as there was plenty of food laid on.....you guys missed out on some cracking grub!!

Well said morcs. The st austell reserve side have a very large squad at present and im sure chris knight had sleepness nights mulling over who was and wasnt in the squad. Yes people are dissapointed not to play but im sure with 5 subs all of them were aware that they may not play as only 3 can be used. And where the figure of 8 first teamers came from, who knows. Perhaps people are confusing them with the first teamers that were watching. Well down town. Great performance to kick the season off

Well like I said the league doesn't lie and I've made no excuses about the result "legs and arms" analogy! If thats St Austell's normal starting 11 then they will walk the league and dish out plenty of similar scoreline's anything less than league and junior cup would be a total disaster. But really only 2 senior players? With at least 6 guys on the subs bench? and some of them getting upset about not being played?

Still nonetheless we did take it on the chin and will do our best to bounce back.

Reinstatement applies to players who have played senior football in the previous season, as well as the current season.

i hate this rule and it applies to two seasons not one...it needs changing...in my opinion if you sign junior football then your junior football...likewise if you sign senior football then you are senior football and again in my opinion this should be wiped clean for the start of each season.....but it aint :(

So how are a Senior team who have a reserve side in a Junior League suppose to use surplus players etc etc?

So how are a Senior team who have a reserve side in a Junior League suppose to use surplus players etc etc?

Maybe scrap the junior/senior thing have just senior and only allow players to drop one division or max 2 per team to any division. If you have such a big squad at senior level then it may encourage people to join another team and spread the talent making things more competitive?

Teams bringing in 1st team players is just part of football unfortunately. Besides im sure that St Newlyn East Reserves would bring in some players if there first team didnt have a game? I think that nearly all clubs would. Just unfair on dropping regular players..

Regarding the newlyn east game. We (st.austell) had body and peters from first team as said by morcs.

We also only had 5 on the bench with knighter having to make calls etc in the week unfortunately telling members of the largish squad they weren't selected bringing it down to 16 on the day. So there may have been some disappointed people there but for the manager what a great headache to have.

As for the players knighter has made 5/6 good signings this year of players (albeit they look senior!!!) that have wanted to step down to junior football.

Surely eventually that will happen to all players who play at a top senior level for years. You don't get any younger as they say!!!

Good luck to st.newlyn for the rest of the season

The squad had 4 players in it that have been with the club since duchy 5 .. 2 players from the first team 1 being the keeper as Anton Lake was working and the other being Mike Body who said he was keen to play for us when he can .. 5 new signings and the rest was the same bunch of lads that have played for the last few seasons .. I felt we St Austell got out the blocks very early which helped put the game to bed by half time . Yes we do have a big squad but that is a good thing ... Players knowing they need to perform to stay in the team . A very good start for AFC St Austell let's hope for a good season

Duchy 2

Lostwithiel 3-2 Foxhole

Glad to get 3 points on the board today but in fairness we (Lostwithiel) played very poorly, particularly in the 1st half when Foxhole worked much harder than us on an off the ball and were deservedly leading at the break. James Hutchings restored parity in the 2nd half with a drive past the oncoming keeper and then a lapse at the back led to another Foxhole goal making it 2-1. Finally Lostwithiel clicked in to gear and managed to draw level after a well worked move was finished off by Kevin Morcom on the volley.

The home side were in the ascendancy but were frustrated by the wood work on several occasions and were then denied a goal after a controversial offside decision, which i'm still scratching my head about....seeing as I was the scorer and ran from behind another player to slot it away!! Nevertheless we got our rewards with a winning goal with just minutes to play after Ryan Searle tapped in from close range.

Fair play to Foxhole for their efforts today and i'm sure they may feel a little agrieved at going away empty handed. Hopefully Lostwithiel will make some much needed improvement in the coming games to push for promotion this year.

On a sour note, very disappointed that none of the Foxhole players came back to the pub after the game as there was plenty of food laid on.....you guys missed out on some cracking grub!!

As no showers were provided after the game most of foxes players went home for a shower. It was not until most went home for a shower that showers tokens were issued a good 30 mins after the game. Secondly we made your lino aware that most were going home to take a shower. I myself would of cameback but we had a taxi booked for 6pm for a function we attended again your lino was told this. We would of loved to comeback, as we know you always put on a good spread.

Off side take your pick there was two off side and one passed the ball to the other in front of him, so off side everytime.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

St Newlyn v St Austell - Regardless of how many 1st team players did or didn't play, surely a club can use their reserve team to blood new players, gain fitness, match time, etc etc to enhance the effectiveness of the first team? Sounds to me like St Austell run a football club like it should be run.

Im really glad our game has generated so much interest!

Just to put the record straight for anyone interested there were 2 first team players on show yesterday - Jason Peters in goal, as out goalie Anton Lake had to work but is available every Saturday from now on, and Mike Body, who the club were very keen to get 90 minutes to as he has been sub not used in the first 2 matches of our first team season. It is very likely he will feature for us in the future with Daniel having such a good squad. Bods to his absolute credit has indicated to me personally he has absolutely no problem playing for us should he be needed.

The rest are 6 new signing I have been luck enough to make over the summer, one of which, Danny Denning , was badly injured after 10 minutes and we wish him a speedy recovery. As for winning the league easily as someone has mentioned, our aim is to secure a top 5 finish in our first season at this level, the big Teams, Fowey (for which a lot of my freinds play) Saltash , Torpoint and of course St Columb will all I would expect due to their experience at this level be above us at the end, we would also like to do well in the cups.

Hope that sets the record straight for anyone wondering, no miriad of first team "ringers" just 1 guy helping out, 1 guy getting match fitness and the rest who will all be in the squad the whole season.

Finally id Just like to commend the Ground Staff at Poltair Park yesterday, its hammered down for a week but the pitch was like a carpet. Best of luck to Newly East who clearly had a few away yesterday.

Knighter

Shower tokens issued ? in all my years in football that`s a new one on me. To the comment no showers provided after the game, perhaps the League needs to look into this problem.

Lostwithiel community centre provide tokens for the showers to work after the game or 20p pieces as is the case with the home dressing room. It is a ball ache but i guess the community centre have the final say on charging for hot water. All the showers are there....you just have to pay for the buggers to work!! So no issue for the league to be concerned.

Duchy 2

Lostwithiel 3-2 Foxhole

As no showers were provided after the game most of foxes players went home for a shower. It was not until most went home for a shower that showers tokens were issued a good 30 mins after the game. Secondly we made your lino aware that most were going home to take a shower. I myself would of cameback but we had a taxi booked for 6pm for a function we attended again your lino was told this. We would of loved to comeback, as we know you always put on a good spread.

Off side take your pick there was two off side and one passed the ball to the other in front of him, so off side everytime.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

The shower situation is a pain but you just need to ensure you get your shower tokens prior to the end of the game so your not hanging around. As for the so called offside goal, I can assure you that when i slotted the ball in the net i hadn't received it from another team mate. He never touched the ball and i ran in from behind him and put the ball in the net so christ knows how i got flagged offside? I can only assume she thought my team mate in front had touched it....but he left it. Nevermind it didnt matter in the end but im gutted cos goals are rare for me!!

Missed the match through work this week but in fairness Afc St Austell do have it right. A 2nd team or reserves is there primarily to feed off and use to get match fitness and sharpness for the 1st team players.

We all know this happens and the fact they are senior or junior is neither here nor there, all teams do it get used to it have seen it with my own eyes players playing under different names. Its not the end of the world its just one game, take it, move on and take the positives from it that you scored against such a strong team with the 1st team keeper between the posts. :c:

They can play whoever they want if they are within the rules. As everyone has said, it is a club not a team...

However it does raise the question of how they will keep the team happy throughout the season...we all know people who do not play leave to go elsewhere...if people are being dropped for players from the high team other clubs might look to take advantage of that situation and offer the players minutes on the pitch......the manager might have a few headaches this year!

On the St Austell debate I also agree that they have done nothing wrong... if you look in the local papers at the St Austell first team side then they are correct in that only Jason Peters & Mike Body have played in their first team from the reserves side that played on Saturday.

I'm sure every club would drop down their goalkeeper to the reserves if their reserve team keeper was unavailable and the firsts had no game - it's not like the reserves keeper was dropped for this to happen. Also the role of a reserve team is to give first team players fitness that maybe haven't had much game time. It's not like Tom Smith or Josh Higman turned up and played just to bolster the side to help them win. St Austell should be challenging for the league if they keep that side together.

Also my main point is that if my memory is correct the only games that St Newlyn East Reserves won last season were when their first team had no game with Liam Dent scoring 4 in one game and 3 in another - was he playing due to fitness because I'm pretty sure that he starts every week for St Newlyn East first team. Other first team players also featured for their reserves during these games so don't see how they can complain. Like everybody has said it's a long season, nothing is won in August.

I can't understand this cause for debate over st austell using 2 1st team players in their opening fixture.we were fortunate enough to play a friendly against st austell 2nds losing 6-1 to a very good squad of players, who I must add were all mostly used again for their opening fixture.there is no harm in playing your clubs 1st choice keeper if your regular one is away working, and as for playing mike body, I can also see no harm in that, he is a quality player who has found himself in a position where 1st team action is short, so what better to get some minutes for the 2nd team.its not as if he has gone off to help another team, both players are helping out within the same club. Good luck to both st austell teams for this coming season, what you have built there is a top notch CLUB