Cornwall Football Forum

PSF Illogan v Porthleven swpl

Fair play to illogan, they were the better side, but port weren't helped by awful refereeing. I get penalised for a fair tackle, illogan then go and do the exact smae thing 30 seconds later and nothing. Illogans lino made a few suspect calls too. As i said earlier it was a fair result and illogan were better. Their style of play will make their home ground a fortress because of the small pitch, but on a bigger pitch i think they might struggle with the legs in midfield. Best of luck to illogan for the rest of the season, im sure they'll be up there challenging for the league again.

Have to agree with you there Jowan, the ref really did pick on, he really didn't give port anything, even the pen was bit funny as the illogan player ran into you and flattened you then fell over with his momentum and when the player ripped your shirt in half, gave a foul against you. Port were well beaten though.

The ref had a good game and was consistent for both sides givin some weak free kicks, port left back ruined the game and John dent should have took him off as he was more content in kicking our players! Anyway that's my opinion, nice to have a consistent ref unlike last weeks! Good performance from illogan, all the best to port for the season

Jowan388 is the Porthleven left back .. And before you say he ruined the game, maybe take into consideration as to why he got like he did. First half penalised for being offside when he was at least 3 or 4 yards on side. Second half, gets his shirt ripped at the top, and gets a freekick against him? All Illogan did was went in hard on him, to get reactions, whereas the tackles were worse than the reaction. Poor referee, very one sided and unfair on Jowan that he referee picked on him as much as he did. Not taking any credit away from Illogan, played good football, and scored some good goals, just a shame the referee had to spoil the game for Jowan, and the rest of the Porthleven side.

I dont know the name of Porthlevens keeper but the Porthleven starting 11 was

Goalkeeper - ?

Right back - Darren Robertson

Left back - Jowan Shainberg

Centre backs - Dom Batchelor and Scott Toy

Right wing - Matt Dawson

Left wing - Chris Prout

Centre midfielders - Dan Greet and Luke Hunter

Strikers - Freddie Williams and Ryan Trathen

Thought the ref gave decisions in equal amounts both ways to be fair, the refs performance certainly didn't have any effect on the outcome of the game

Your boy did well last night Mr Jeffree! Cracking goal and likes to get his foot in I noticed, bit like his old man if I remember correctly my friend lol ;)

I have heard from several people that the ref was not the best, but wasnt there myself so can't comment. Porthleven will find it hard this season, and have suffered with some of their more experienced players leaving. But the lads down there have got a lot of potential.

Know Jowan, the port LB, on and off the pitch and he is not the player to just go around kicking people. And iv heard that for the Illogan pen, the ball was well out of play and should have been a goal kick before any penalty was thought about been given. However, going down Illogan you expect the physicallity along with the football.

I expect Illogan to have another successful season, and as Jowan said, their home ground is normally a fortress, and I expect Mikey, who seems to be very tactically aware, to do a good job with their first team this year. That said, I'm looking forward to the might Dron going down there and taking three points home...

Luke Hunter has a great footballing brain, but his style of play suits a high standard and I don't know if Porthleven play the right sort of football for Luke to be effective, great potential though.

Wish Port well, and also Illogan, but not as much.

X

There is no "And" was just saying that Hoony had equal allegiance to both clubs - if in fact nowadays he has an allegiance to any club. He has been refereeing for more years than he played. and I make no comment in to how I think regarding the way in which he referees - other than like all people - players and referees - I have seen him have great games, and, games where - he has not.

There is no "And" was just saying that Hoony had equal allegiance to both clubs - if in fact nowadays he has an allegiance to any club. He has been refereeing for more years than he played. and I make no comment in to how I think regarding the way in which he referees - other than like all people - players and referees - I have seen him have great games, and, games where - he has not.

The only reason I asked "And" was because you stated nothing that we did not already know - was hoping you was going to make a point - no offence

Steve great post, hoony showed no bias towards any team, anyway it's a friendly for gods sake! Hardly a time to start slagging off the ref, in fact Alan stepped in at short notice after the original tef had to pull out, so many tbc to him for helping out, without him the game would not have even taken place, end of !!!